October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Polishes - OPI - I Have a Herring Problem

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jlyox92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This colour wasn't what I expected at all. I have tried it over a few different base colours but it just looks like a sparkly grey, no blue or green tones other people have found at all. I haven't got a problem with the polish itself if that is the colour you want but it wasn't for me

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Benyakult

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color! Im not plan on buying it at first, but the swatches on the internet make me want to try this. Well, i have to say im not disappointed! Although on my nail it looks darker and greener than on the swatch photo. This color looks gorgeous on my nail. The formula is a little bit streaky but you can get it even in three thin coat. I don't know if this is the way the formula should be but it is not shiny as other OPI polish i own. The gold shimmer is barely visible. But out of that flaws i love this color so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by savvyowl821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Holland collection is my favorite OPI(or possibly any nail polish) collection of all time. I just love the colors, and I really do think they suit the lovely Netherlands. I Have a Herring Problem is a shimmery yet dusty blue with gold and silver shimmer running through. I really do wish the gold shimmer was more prominent-- it's not very easy to tell that the shimmer is gold. Other than that, fantastic! I love the name, love the collection, love the color, the formula--which was excellent, by the way, even though it was a bit sheer, the drying time, everything! And, of course, the fact that it's OPI. :) Definitely a must-have if you're a blue lover like me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Audralee27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fan of blue & grey shades so I was naturally drawn to Opi's I Have A Herring Problem. This lacquer comes from Opi's Holland Collection from their Spring/Summer 2012 Collection. This lacquer's a Dusty medium blue shade with both silver & gold fine shimmer throughout the formula. I Have A Herring Problem's the darker version of: I Don't Give A Rotterdam which is also in this collection. I initially wasn't sure which lacquer I wanted to purchase of the two. I didn't want to purchase both because they're not duplicates, but they're close enough that I personally don't want to own both of them. If you love them both, then by all means purchase them both as you can never go wrong with Opi lacquers, but I found them too close for me to shell out money for both lacquers. I Have A Herring Problem was my final decision & I was happy I went w/ it as I do like that it's a shade darker & the warmer version of the two lacquers. I Have A Herring Problem's warmer toned & is more green & teal based in color where I Don't Give A Rotterdam's cooler toned & is slate blue & dusty periwinkle in color. The green & teal undertones bring out the fine silver & gold shimmer particles & really makes this lacquer a true stand out. I took a lippy off because application took 3 coats for full opacity. It's a great modern, neutral & fashionable shade you can get away w/ wearing to work or the office which I like. It's a unique shade that has a class, quality, richness & depth to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Pretty colour, blue grey tone with some glitter/shimmer to it but it just didn't look as nice on as it did in the bottle. Easy to apply, normal amount of chipping didn't last any longer than usual but didn't chip any faster either. Slightly more difficult to remove than other polishes because of the glitter but not as difficult as a full glitter polish. Probably won't get much use. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by catherineg68

I like this colour a lot. It's fun, & an interesting colour that I think is also very work appropriate, unlike many other blue polishes. The application is excellent, I'm not sure if some people got bad bottles, because mine is essentially opaque in 1 coat. I use Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat, which gives the best shine. I really like this polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by CHC

I got sucked in by a photo on pinterest that made it look green and pearly, but it ended up looking flat and blue/grey on me. Perhaps I need one more coat, (I only used 2) but I doubt that could change the color on me. Not a terrible color, just not what I expected! Will definitely not be re-purchasing this color, however I do love OPI.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by 8erica8

It looked so great in the pictures but not on my nails. Very disappointed for it's lack of shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by katieanimallover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Wonderful color and very flattering against my skin tone. It goes great with blues and greys. It can be worn casually and for special occasions.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

In the bottle, this looks like a very pretty blue/teal/grey with chunky gold and silver glitter and I was so excited to try this on.
However, it is very sheer and streaky, so that you need 3 coats to get the colour in the bottle. I find that just ridiculous! Add to that the fact that the glitter particles feel rather coarse, not fine, and you'll end up with a nightmare when it comes to removing it.
Disappointed.