OPI I Have a Herring Problem

4.3

on 7/6/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a unique color that is kind of a steel-blue. It has elements of blue-green and blue gray; hard to describe. Goes on nicely and wear is normal for OPI polish. I like that it is more sophisticated than, say, a turquoise or pale blue. I just noted from other reviews that this has a shimmer, but i have to say it is so subtle that I didn't even realize. I have yellow undertones in my skin and this color is flattering on me, but may not work as well if you are pink toned. I think this is a color that you will either love or hate, depending on how it goes with your tones.

on 1/30/2015 11:46:00 PM

I like this colour. It's a stormy blue/grey with micro shimmer. It's s good formula- 2 easy smooth coats. The colour isn't the most flattering on me though.

on 7/9/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This colour wasn't what I expected at all. I have tried it over a few different base colours but it just looks like a sparkly grey, no blue or green tones other people have found at all. I haven't got a problem with the polish itself if that is the colour you want but it wasn't for me

on 6/30/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this color! Im not plan on buying it at first, but the swatches on the internet make me want to try this. Well, i have to say im not disappointed! Although on my nail it looks darker and greener than on the swatch photo. This color looks gorgeous on my nail. The formula is a little bit streaky but you can get it even in three thin coat. I don't know if this is the way the formula should be but it is not shiny as other OPI polish i own. The gold shimmer is barely visible. But out of that flaws i love this color so much!

on 5/29/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

OPI's Holland collection is my favorite OPI(or possibly any nail polish) collection of all time. I just love the colors, and I really do think they suit the lovely Netherlands. I Have a Herring Problem is a shimmery yet dusty blue with gold and silver shimmer running through. I really do wish the gold shimmer was more prominent-- it's not very easy to tell that the shimmer is gold. Other than that, fantastic! I love the name, love the collection, love the color, the formula--which was excellent, by the way, even though it was a bit sheer, the drying time, everything! And, of course, the fact that it's OPI. :) Definitely a must-have if you're a blue lover like me!

on 3/16/2014 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a fan of blue & grey shades so I was naturally drawn to Opi's I Have A Herring Problem. This lacquer comes from Opi's Holland Collection from their Spring/Summer 2012 Collection. This lacquer's a Dusty medium blue shade with both silver & gold fine shimmer throughout the formula. I Have A Herring Problem's the darker version of: I Don't Give A Rotterdam which is also in this collection. I initially wasn't sure which lacquer I wanted to purchase of the two. I didn't want to purchase both because they're not duplicates, but they're close enough that I personally don't want to own both of them. If you love them both, then by all means purchase them both as you can never go wrong with Opi lacquers, but I found them too close for me to shell out money for both lacquers. I Have A Herring Problem was my final decision & I was happy I went w/ it as I do like that it's a shade darker & the warmer version of the two lacquers. I Have A Herring Problem's warmer toned & is more green & teal based in color where I Don't Give A Rotterdam's cooler toned & is slate blue & dusty periwinkle in color. The green & teal undertones bring out the fine silver & gold shimmer particles & really makes this lacquer a true stand out. I took a lippy off because application took 3 coats for full opacity. It's a great modern, neutral & fashionable shade you can get away w/ wearing to work or the office which I like. It's a unique shade that has a class, quality, richness & depth to it.

on 3/2/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Pretty colour, blue grey tone with some glitter/shimmer to it but it just didn't look as nice on as it did in the bottle. Easy to apply, normal amount of chipping didn't last any longer than usual but didn't chip any faster either. Slightly more difficult to remove than other polishes because of the glitter but not as difficult as a full glitter polish. Probably won't get much use. Would not repurchase.

on 12/10/2013 11:06:00 PM

I like this colour a lot. It's fun, & an interesting colour that I think is also very work appropriate, unlike many other blue polishes. The application is excellent, I'm not sure if some people got bad bottles, because mine is essentially opaque in 1 coat. I use Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat, which gives the best shine. I really like this polish.

on 9/10/2013 5:01:00 PM

I got sucked in by a photo on pinterest that made it look green and pearly, but it ended up looking flat and blue/grey on me. Perhaps I need one more coat, (I only used 2) but I doubt that could change the color on me. Not a terrible color, just not what I expected! Will definitely not be re-purchasing this color, however I do love OPI.

on 12/31/2012 10:18:00 AM

It looked so great in the pictures but not on my nails. Very disappointed for it's lack of shine.

Popular Polishes