After many purchases this is still my favourite. I've tried many brands including Korean and high-end ones and this is still the best! It has good coverage and looks very natural on my skin. I believe they are only two shades though so this might not match everyone's skintone. On mine, however, it's just perfect.
IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN DO A PATCH TEST BEFORE BUYING IT!!!
BB creams are supposed to be good for those who have sensitive skin, especially since a lot of foundations cause me to break out or have rashes. I decided to try this one since it was one of the first BB creams to have come in Canada, I bought this thinking i would love it, which I did for about two days and then realized that this product caused me to break out and cause a lot of rashes on my face. This bottle went to a waste which made me really sad, I wish I had taken a sample rather than the full bottle! I would not reperchase
- Coverage: Good. It's quite heavy coverage for a BB cream. I feel this is more of a foundation. Applied straight from the tube, I look a bit "plastered" with makeup. I now mix in a drop of Origins Mega-Brite Skin Tone Correcting Serum to equal parts Marcelle BB Cream, and I look more dimensional and less "matte-flat".
- No real detectable scent. Huge bonus.
- Does not cause me to break out. Bigger bonus.
- High quality, Canadian product. Makes me feel good to support my country = )
when i first used this product, i wasnt the biggest fan, but i soon realized it was due to the way i was applying it. although it is a bb cream, you need to moisturize first, unless you have oily skin, in which case i think the formula would be perfect for you. but seeing as i have dry flaky skin, i needed an extra dose of moisture. also, it is best applied with a dense flat or slightly rounded brush, it gives a your skin but MUCH better finish. if applied with fingers, it can be hard to blend and have uneven coverage.
all in all, if applied the right way for you, it looks fantastic and feels great on the skin.
- Gives a little more coverage than other BB creams; definitely more coverage than Garnier BB cream.
- With setting powder and concealer, you get a pretty flawless finish (for people with decent skin, maybe a few spots or marks. I have some hyper-pigmentation and it covers it pretty well).
- It is a little thicker in consistency than some other BB creams, takes a little effort to blend.
- It doesn't smell as nice as the Garnier BB cream (but all that fragrance is bad for your skin anyways!!!)
- I love the packaging, very cute and the pump is so handy. One pump is sufficient for your whole face. (A little more for fuller coverage).
- I am not pale, but I have light skin. The light to medium shade seems to work well for the majority of skin tones, and it works perfectly for me.
- It is sheer enough that when blended it adapts to your skin.
- This has a more yellow undertone, and i'd say it's a tad darker than a general "Ivory" foundation colour. If your skin tone has pink undertones it may be too yellow for you. And I'd say it might be a little dark for very pale individuals.
Overall I love it. It lasts all day. Isn't oily. Has a nice semi-dewy finish. Can be made matte with powder. It's a great makeup base - to use in place of foundation. I've had no issues with it breaking me out or anything.
Broke me out beyond repair. This BB cream is what triggered my acne and i cannot express how much i hate it.....
This is an excellent BB cream. I found that it gave quite a bit of coverage really but I have pretty clear skin so I don't need a lot of coverage. This also leaves my face matte, although I will finish it off with some powder. No skin reactions from this so I will continue to use. It's nice to have an alternative to a full face of foundation.
The only BB cream I use. Good coverage for a BB cream, matte on the skin, blendable and considerably buildable. I like that I can replace my foundation with this on days when I want lighter makeup and truthfully (if I'm having a decent skin day) I can barely tell a difference as long as I follow up with concealer (which I use on foundation anyway). Packaging is convenient with its pump and has not broken me out.
I hate this product!Thankfully I bought this in a deluxe sample kit and I didn't pay full price.
There is simply no coverage to this product even when used with the cream to powder product under or over the bb cream.
I found like kind of slippery or greasy and didn't blend super well.The other issue the light isn't really like so be aware of that.
I got a deluxe sample of this BB cream (in Golden Glow) in my Birch Box my last month. If it hadn't been for Birch Box, I likely would have never tried this because a). I've never heard of the brand and b). so many American BB creams are crap. Ok, perhaps crap is too harsh a word here but the BB creams that are sold in the US are not real BB creams for whatever reason. They're generally just slightly thicker tinted moisturizers with BB slapped on the bottle to take advantage of the craze.
When I got this tube, I figured the color wouldn't match my skin because, thus far, the people at Birch Box send me makeup colors that are far too light and far too loud (why is the questionnaire there again?). Luckily, the Golden Glow shade matches my skin. Per the directions, this particular shade can be wore alone or under makeup. I tried wearing this alone and frankly, my skin isn't good enough to pull that off. This isn't the cream's fault because I don't believe this shade is meant to really cover much, just enhance. The last few times I've worn this, I used it under foundation and got pretty good results.
The cream itself is bit on the thick side. I wouldn't call it a balm really, but it's a tad thicker than some of the BB creams out there today. It's very smooth and glides on the skin like butter (sans the grease and buttery smell obviously). It gives my skin a little extra oomph which is greatly appreciated. I haven't noticed any breakouts from this either.
I'm kind of on the fence about buying this in the full size because I'm not sure it's something I really, really need. I typically use Tarte's Smooth Operator under my foundation and that's a step above this product. I would recommend it to someone who is looking for something closer to a real BB creme because I think this is as good as it's gonna get (unless you buy BB creme from eBay). This product is decent enough but I simply did find it amazing or a must have.