Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm

3.7

Now on my third tube of this. I have the golden glow for summer as well - I'm pale, so I mix in a touch of the golden glow to my BB cream. It's hard to blend into my neck on its own without it looking fake.

My skin is sensitive and sometimes dry. This product doesn't irritate or contribute to the dryness. It looks super natural. I rarely get blemishes, so I'm not sure about covering anything really red, but it covers my veins and the slight redness around my nose/nostrils. And it doesn't look cakey or noticeable in those areas (have never been able to find a corrector for around my nose that doesn't look awful). Just perfect looking skin!

on 3/9/2015 12:18:00 AM

I had high hopes for this bb cream when I first bought it as I had been told bb creams are a great alternative to foundation, but I was let down really fast. To start off it only comes in about 5 skin tones, so I couldn't easily find one light enough for my skin. while the tester had seemed really good, when it came time to actually apply it at home I discovered it offers little to no coverage and does not work well with my other makeup—no matter how much I powdered my face, I was constantly extremely sticky and shiny. Other than that it lasted well throughout the day (no creases or drying) but when I washed it off I realized it had caused a massive reaction all over my face. I've never had an allergic skin reaction or anything like that before, but my face (especially my forehead) was covered in tiny itchy red and white bumps all over. Its been two days and the rash still hasn't gone away. Definitely would not repurchase, and will definitely be more cautious when buying any bb creams in the future.

on 1/11/2015 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm on the fence with this product. I actually wore this on my wedding day in cuba in June and it was soooo humid, but this bb cream lasted through it no problem, at least it looks great in my pictures! So the product itself is good quality no doubt, although! It's way overpriced at 26.99 or so at shoppers drug mart, it really shouldn't be more than 18$ max, and although the packaging is nice in theory, tube bottle with a pump, I've had to return 2 of these because both of them had faulty pumps, where all the product explodes and splatters out ( the first one almost ruined a $200 dress!) and now my third bottle did the same thing, so instead of returning it again I transferred the cream to a travel bottle and problem solved! But for almost $30 I shouldn't have to do that, it's cheap packaging IMO. I also bought a shade too dark so I can't use it in the winter, but I tried it on anyways to see how it would handle my dry winter skin, and it worked nicely. It's not too hydrating for the summer but not too drying for the winter, so you can use this year round. Right now I'd say for the high price and terrible bottle, you can find a product that works just as well as this cream I.e. Physicians formula, maybelline. But I actually can't say I wouldn't buy it again, it does have a nice healthy glow to it, but the price and craptastic packaging for now have turned me off.

on 12/1/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is the third bb cream I have used and it is by far my favourite! It helps to minimize pores just like a primer would do, and it actually fills in some of the canes scars I have on my cheeks. The colour is true to shade, matches my skin tone perfectly. And as an added bonus, shoppers had a special 70 ml light to medium box that was the same price as the smaller size! Bonus!! The only thing I dislike is that the cream feels extremely sticky, and even using a powder to set my face doesn't entirely offset the sticky greasiness that occurs during the day. I minuses a lippy for that. All in all, great product!

on 10/5/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought this because i know someone whos using it and they have great skin. I got the 24 hr moisture one and all i can say is best bb cream ever. The color matched, it looked completely natural and covered well. It also has chamomile and stuff thats good for your skin. Its not drying and didnt make me oily. Glad i found this bb cream.

on 7/23/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

With all of the rave on BB creams, I decided to try this one. The formula felt great on my skin, and the colour match was spot on. Other than that, this product make me break out a few days after using it, and I'm still suffering a few weeks after.

It looked absolutely beautiful however, used along with my Vichy concealer in a few spot areas. I also set it with some matte powder as it can start to look greasy throughout the day.

There is no scent, which I love.
The coverage is very sheer, but just enough to cover my redness from scars. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone who needs fuller coverage however.
I will try this again on one of my "clearer" days, as I feel that you need pretty flawless skin to pull it off.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Firstly, I have to start this off by saying I think the whole BB cream fad is extremely overrated, but I continue to try them because I enjoy trying new products, I have about 50 different samples tubes of assorted kinds, and they are all so different. Sometimes it's merely a glorified primer, other times I feel like I'm working with a medium coverage foundation. Generally, I wear BB creams as a primer. I have tried them various ways and find most are not able to replace my moisturizer and/or foundation. BB/CC/DD/tinted moisturizer/foundations are an individual preference. I think these are great for minimum coverage types. Lately, I have been working nights as an RN and find my typical full face of makeup doesn't quite fit in at my place of work. (Most people show up looking like they've rolled out of bed not bothering to brush their hair...my eyelashes and contouring craziness isn't quite translating the way I'd hoped.)

With all this being said, I have to say this particular product has come in very handy as of late. I wear it mostly as a primer and put a tiny amount of my Make Up For Ever HD Foundation over it to add a little additional coverage. I received a smallish tube of this in my Birch Box in Golden Glow. I found it made my skin look dewy and alive, which is more than my Pixi primer was doing. (I love Pixi, but the primer is pretty basic, especially compared to this.) I felt the coverage was sheer, but not too sheer where it was pointless. I found it lasted most of the night/early morning and increased the staying power of my foundation and decreased the shine/oiliness. There was no smell and I found the product blended easily and was buildable. I usually use my #55 airbrush foundation brush from Sephora, but sometimes use my beautyblender to go over the finished look again. I have never heard of this brand before, but I am very interested to try their other products. I would probably even purchase this on my own, despite my intense dislike of BB creams! For all you BB fans out there, I would give this product a shot!

on 6/22/2014 4:44:00 PM

i really do like this BB cream does a great job! i stopped using foundation as it was cakey, expensive and just too much work. i bought the clinique moisture renewal (or something like that) BB cream and it worked pretty welll. however, i still had break outs and i wore that with cover up. my sister bought this marcelle one and i tried it out then bought it for myself. this BB cream does a great job covering up everything and giving FLAWLESS coverage quickly! up close in a mirror u can't even tell you have anything on. i found this best to apply with a beauty blender and dabbing it in, or using my fingers does the trick too.

on 6/13/2014 2:26:00 PM

It goes on great and evenly, It doesn't get cakey. My only complaint is it doesn't last all day. Great price and it lasts me about 6+ months.

on 5/23/2014 9:57:00 AM

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I have tried a bunch of BB Creams and I never found one that fit my normal/dry skin type. They were all made for oily skintypes, or didn't have lighter tones. So, I was always searching for a Bb Cream that was going to adapt to my skin. This one is a Miracle!!! It evens out your skin tone wirhout looking like you have anything on your face (even if you look up close in the miror). It's hydrating and it feels like your skin is bare from makeup. Lovely texture and that packaging is great!!!