July 28, 2014 | 1899 users online

Mascara - Marcelle - Xtension Plus Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by hulmerac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample when I ordered my face cream from marcelle. It's a fabulous mascara. I've been using the same mascara for over ten years, and this has convinced me to switch. Gives me gorgeous long lashes, great volume, easy to apply and no big clean up afterwards. Plus it washes off with a regular face wash (even though it doesn't smudge or flake after wearing all day in the summer). New HG!! Like others, I'm very impressed by the brush! I've mostly been a fan of bigger brushes, but consider me a convert!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by popoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased 'black' mascara and the black is quite black.. i am pleased that this is blacker than covergirl veryblack clump crusher. although i find that it clumps a bit, it does the job of extending the lashes, however, i didn't think it curled lashes very well. it ought to be noted that I have short, straight, stubby asian lashes - i have yet to discover a mascara that can transform my asian lashes to something decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jenren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this in a Glossybox several months back and I didn't bother to try it as I've tried a few Marcelle products in the past and didn't like. I finally decided to try this about 2 weeks ago, and I'm hooked! This is hands down the best mascara I've ever used. I'm a mascara junkie so I've tried everything from high end to low end, and this makes my lashes look false and makes my eyes looks big, pretty and flirtatious....totally blows the highest end competition away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by snucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara. The first coat accentuates the lashes well for a gentle but long lash look. This is not thick and clumpy. It is more of a defining mascara that finds all the little lashes right away and gives a wonderful look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by BeckyDunmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a gift from my Canadian friend (I'm for the UK) and I really love this mascara. The brush is wonderful and designed so that you can easily get even the smallest eyelashes. The product is great for sensitive eyes and leaves my eyelashes looking full and long with no clumping.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ellapretty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

CLAIM: Formula and innovative polymer brush work together to create extreme length and curl
MY THOUGHTS: Makes my lashes look really noticeable. Love that it really lengthens, thickens and curls my lashes - no need to layer with this mascara! The brush is amazing - I will definitely save it even after the mascara runs out - it has thin comb-like bristles that apply product evenly from root to tip. Makes my lashes look fake (in a good way) with thickness at the base and flared tips.
GOOD FOR: Anyone who wants easy-to-apply mascara with dramatic results

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by someonesjuliet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first glance this mascara is nothing special - a lengthening mascara that would be great for anyone who just needs a little added length. As a fan of both volume AND length I found myself layering this mascara over my existing favorite to give my lashes a little extra oomph.

The first day I wore this mascara my eyes were a little sensitive, but I thought nothing of it and since I was only out for a little bit it was removed rather quickly. The next day I used it I had to remove it within an hour of putting it on as the sensitivity began and then the ITCHING began. Yes, I am allergic to something in this mascara - which is strange for me as I have never had an issue with mascara's before (and have quite a few of them).

Overall, the effect it gives would be nice for shorter lashes that don't need volume - but for me personally I would not repurchase due to my reaction to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Currently using Lash Extreme (see my earlier review) and was hoping Xtension Plus would only be better (as in false lash length without the falsh lashes). It wasn't. Clumps. Spider legs. Blah blah blah. Sure, it lengthen's, but not any more than Lash Extreme (and with some work with a lash brush). Thought it might be the brush and tried it with the Lash Extreme brush, but ended up with the same results. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Tanny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product! It's amazing to me that a product marketed for sensitive eyes gives such drama, bold lashes and truly does not irritate my eyes at all! I'm super impressed with this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by princess101

One of the newest mascaras by Marcelle cosmetics claims to lengthen and curl lashes with it's specially developed polymer brush that defines and seperates lashes while minimizing clumping and increasing lash length by coating each and every lash. This brush has one side with rows of longer bristles to grab the smallest lashes, and on the opposite side, rows with shorter bristles for regular application. The tip is tapered to get into the very corners of the eyes.

For myself, this mascara did not perform the way it was described---for my upper lashes. The forumla seemed a tad on the wet side, but that could be because I'm used to drier, waterproof formulas, which hold a curl better for my straight, short, sparse asian lashes. That being said, this may work great for those who don't have such coarse hair.

Anyway, this mascara worked wonders for my bottom lashes. I've never been able to wear mascara on my bottom lashes, as most brushes are far too big to reach the tiny hairs without getting all over my undereye area. The times where I am able to apply mascara, the mascara will more often than not, smudge and give me raccoon eyes in a matter of hours. While this mascara never claimed to be smudge-proof or flake-proof, this did not smudge, flake, or budge from my bottom lashes. The slender wand made application easy and it gave my nearly invisible bottom lashes a big boost, by lengthening them while giving some much-needed volume in a matter of one swipe.

The mascara was easy to remove with a general eyemakeup remover and cotton pad, and did not irritate my eyes in any way. Price was $12.49 CDN at most drugstores, but currently there is a tear-off pad with a $2 coupon.