Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara

3.8

on 2/7/2015 6:30:00 PM

I got this as a *bonus* when I purchase some Marcelle cleansing wipes - ended up hating the wipes, but LOVE the mascara! I never would have tried it otherwise!

on 2/2/2015 6:09:00 PM

I was hoping that this would be a good mascara, but it honestly did nothing to my lashes. It didn't hold up curls, or anything. At least I got this for free, though it hurts to leave it alone. I tried revisiting it several times but it was nothing but a disappointment.

on 7/19/2014 11:55:00 PM

Got this as a sample when I ordered my face cream from marcelle. It's a fabulous mascara. I've been using the same mascara for over ten years, and this has convinced me to switch. Gives me gorgeous long lashes, great volume, easy to apply and no big clean up afterwards. Plus it washes off with a regular face wash (even though it doesn't smudge or flake after wearing all day in the summer). New HG!! Like others, I'm very impressed by the brush! I've mostly been a fan of bigger brushes, but consider me a convert!!

on 6/14/2014 1:55:00 PM

I purchased 'black' mascara and the black is quite black.. i am pleased that this is blacker than covergirl veryblack clump crusher. although i find that it clumps a bit, it does the job of extending the lashes, however, i didn't think it curled lashes very well. it ought to be noted that I have short, straight, stubby asian lashes - i have yet to discover a mascara that can transform my asian lashes to something decent.

on 7/24/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this in a Glossybox several months back and I didn't bother to try it as I've tried a few Marcelle products in the past and didn't like. I finally decided to try this about 2 weeks ago, and I'm hooked! This is hands down the best mascara I've ever used. I'm a mascara junkie so I've tried everything from high end to low end, and this makes my lashes look false and makes my eyes looks big, pretty and flirtatious....totally blows the highest end competition away.

on 4/2/2013 2:30:00 PM

Great mascara. The first coat accentuates the lashes well for a gentle but long lash look. This is not thick and clumpy. It is more of a defining mascara that finds all the little lashes right away and gives a wonderful look.

on 12/22/2012 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This was a gift from my Canadian friend (I'm for the UK) and I really love this mascara. The brush is wonderful and designed so that you can easily get even the smallest eyelashes. The product is great for sensitive eyes and leaves my eyelashes looking full and long with no clumping.

on 9/10/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CLAIM: Formula and innovative polymer brush work together to create extreme length and curl
MY THOUGHTS: Makes my lashes look really noticeable. Love that it really lengthens, thickens and curls my lashes - no need to layer with this mascara! The brush is amazing - I will definitely save it even after the mascara runs out - it has thin comb-like bristles that apply product evenly from root to tip. Makes my lashes look fake (in a good way) with thickness at the base and flared tips.
GOOD FOR: Anyone who wants easy-to-apply mascara with dramatic results

At first glance this mascara is nothing special - a lengthening mascara that would be great for anyone who just needs a little added length. As a fan of both volume AND length I found myself layering this mascara over my existing favorite to give my lashes a little extra oomph.

The first day I wore this mascara my eyes were a little sensitive, but I thought nothing of it and since I was only out for a little bit it was removed rather quickly. The next day I used it I had to remove it within an hour of putting it on as the sensitivity began and then the ITCHING began. Yes, I am allergic to something in this mascara - which is strange for me as I have never had an issue with mascara's before (and have quite a few of them).

Overall, the effect it gives would be nice for shorter lashes that don't need volume - but for me personally I would not repurchase due to my reaction to it.

on 3/26/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Currently using Lash Extreme (see my earlier review) and was hoping Xtension Plus would only be better (as in false lash length without the falsh lashes). It wasn't. Clumps. Spider legs. Blah blah blah. Sure, it lengthen's, but not any more than Lash Extreme (and with some work with a lash brush). Thought it might be the brush and tried it with the Lash Extreme brush, but ended up with the same results. Won't repurchase.

Top Rated Marcelle Products