MAC Scene Eyeshadow

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- Someone on the boards suggested that scraping off the top layer would potentially help with pigmentation. I tried it and no cigar. This eyeshadow is JUST THAT BAD.
Literally just one star. How can this be for an eyeshadow that I have hankered after for X years? One that I purchased many dupes for? I really do like the colour but the pigmentation is shameful. It's awful. It's worse than Cover Girl eyeshadows in that sense--colour payoff-wise. It is a beautiful subtle colour, very finely milled, very flattering. If only it would show up! And STAY there! Crazy. I can't tell you how many ways I tried--primer, base, grey cream pencil underneath, a dozen layers! Nothing works. It truly is a case of the Emperor's new clothes! The dupes I sought out work better! At least they LAST and have some sort of pigmentation!!! It's not a fake because I purchased in the store. It might be a batch problem, or reformulation, which would explain all the 5 star reviews--but in all honesty, I could not recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Definitely on the bandwagon! I'll echo what everyone else has said...
*medium gray with a lavender blue-ish undertone
*sheer but buildable color (for reference, I'm NW20)
*fades a bit during the day (no primer) but doesn't muddy or oxidize
*can be a bit patchy on drier skin (like mine) but powdery and smooth enough so you can blend it out
*about the powdery... There is some fallout when applying but after that, it's fine
*easily a daytime-nighttime staple
*lots of compliments on this very pretty color!

One of my favorite MAC colors. Long lasting and not messy, like all MAC shadows, beautiful staying power, beautiful color!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the colour and look of the eyeshadow once I get it looking good. I find it powdery and sort of patchy. I like this eyeshadow and use it, but when I run out I'll look for a replacement.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a lovely matte shadow that blends well and provides a soft cool toned gray for a lovely smokey eye. One of my top favorite MAC shadows. Some may be disappointed that it wears lighter than it looks in the pan, but its perfect for daytime drama and for those of us who want a smokey eye without the harshness that accompanies a black shadow. It is very buildable, so you can add layers to intensify the color. I love using this in my crease or to blend out liner.

I might warn those who are N30+ in skin tone, because it probably won't be a dark shade on you. It probably won't get darker than a medium depth.

UPDATE: I LOVE wearing this as smoked out liner. Goes very well with my grey eyes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the shadows that did not work for me but I am sure it will work for people with cool skin tones. I am NC35 but not as yellow with black hair and light brown eyes. I was looking for a gray that has some violet shade in it. This did not do much for me so I returned it.

Mac Scene eyeshadow (Satin finish) is one of those unique shadow colors for me that there is nothing like it. When i run out i repurchase. They describe it as a muted blue- grey and it has no glitter or shimmer at all. I have tried to find a cheaper dupe (look-a-like) but i can not find anything to compare. Every grey shadow i try usually has at least a little bit of sparkle, is too dark or too dull/ light.The color says its muted but since this is a satin finish there is a bit of a sheen to it. Just enough to give it some life without ANY sparkle! I feel like this is the perfect grey shadow that can be used for a soft look going to work and also used in a dramatic smokey eye to go out! It is very soft, blend-able and long wearing. Mac shadows are $11.50 for a refill pan or $15 for a full shadow. This is a quality shadow and its great because with MAC there is selection of finishes and colors to choose from. You can also return the containers to MAC for a free full size lipstick! (see below) i have never bought a lipstick from them yet...but am in the double digits!
________________________
* MAC recycling program
To help the environment, MAC accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back to MAC Program. By returning six packaging containers to a MAC counter or online, youll receive a free MAC lipstick of your choice!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I know you're not supposed to use greys for black eyebrows, but my curiosity got the best of me. I used to use Copperplate to fill in my very sparse black brows, but I found that it pulled way too brown. I am pale and I have jet black hair; having a hint of brown in my eyebrows looked weird and unnatural. I tried Scene to fill in the sparse areas (just the arch and the tail, not the inner corner of my brows otherwise I'd look too scary) and WOW it looked so natural. It actually looked like I had a full set of brows! I haven't used this as an eyeshadow yet but I highly recommend this as an eyebrow filler for Asians with sparse brows. Just make sure you blend well with an angled brush!

I really love this color. It's a pretty blued out grey that is really lovely. I don't find it to be sheer at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

First of all I do not understand how people are saying that this is sheer! For me I barely touch my eyeshadow brush to it and it comes out super dark and pigmented! In terms of blendibility it is more difficult than some MAC shadows but thats just because of the finish. It's a decent shadow, although a little more blue than I was going for. All in all a good shadow.

Top Rated MAC Products