October 20, 2014 | 2002 users online

Polishes - OPI - DS - Magic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

DS Magic is a beautiful bright royal blue filled with sparkly shimmer. This polish glides on so smoothly and is opaque in one coat but was a little thin in some places so I added a second coat. After that, it looked better but there were still a couple of spots so I added a third. I'm not sure whether I missed them and didn't get it even or whether this is a character of the polish. It's very unusual for an OPI to need 3 coats for perfect even coverage. Never mind that though, this color is BEAUTIFUL.The sparkle is so pretty, it gains a purple effect when you move just right. Hence the name Magic. I am sitting here with my hand beneath the lamp and tilting it back and forth to watch the sparkles dance. Yes, really. Wow, what a very flattering blue and it complements my fair skin well. Some cold colors don't look good on me and wash me out like the walking dead, but this blue is striking and looks fabulous on me. Or shall I say, I look fabulous in it. This is just one of those shades of blue that will look great on anyone. It's not often that I find a polish so beautiful that I don't want to cover it with any type of nail art or embellishment and this is simply stunning. It's shimmery and sparkly but it's very elegant and not gaudy or in your face about it. I've already received several compliments on this polish and it certainly got attention. The only downside so far is the tiny chips I had on several tips and visible tip wear too after only 1 shift at work. That was especially disappointing since I had added a protective top coat of Seche Vite. I was going to give this 5 lipsticks but those tiny chips and that tip wear knocked this down to 4. I suppose this is best suited for a special occasion polish or an event where you don't need it to last longer than a day. I had hoped it would be more durable for an everyday look so I could really enjoy it more. I found this at the professional beauty supply store but I think ULTA carries it as well. These DS polishes cost a little more than a regular OPI polish, but with this gorgeousness on my fingertips, I don't mind paying a few extra dollars. It's a way to treat myself and I feel pampered wearing my "expensive polish". Yes, please!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I love most of the DS series, I managed to pick them up from my local chemist for $12.95 each. So no complaint about the price. I have been looking for a good blue polish, and this one hits the spot - spot on. It's a deep royal blue with purple and green (?) flecks in it. I find all DS series to be understated in florescent lights and just sparkles very brilliantly under the sunlight - like vampires! (What?). You need about 2~3 coats for the bottle colour, which is unusual for the DS line, most of them are pretty pigmented and normally need 2... but I guess the formula is a little different. The deep blue also contrasts with my skin colour to make it look a bit paler. Lasting power is average... I wash up quite a bit so my nail colours tend to chip and peel quite a bit faster than usual (3 days?) even with decent top coats. But I love the way it looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

OK, first off I have to admit I do not know the lasting power of this polish because I just finished doing my nails. I just have to say that this is one of the most beautiful polish I've ever seen in my life. It's like a royal blue with tiny purple and teal flecks in it. Absolutely unreal. You NEED two coats, because it is almost watery looking with just one. Two coats will completely transform it, it is just so shiny and gorgeous. I cannot stop staring at my nails.