July 25, 2014 | 1955 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Watch Me Simmer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree, this is a pinky version of vegas volt. I love it in summertime. Too bad this was limited edition. In my country collections don't sell out as fast as in the UK or US so I was lucky to get my hands on this last year. I haven't worn it a lot, since it's always bad weather here, but I look forward to summertime.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i was looking for perfect pink coral lipstick on me, have a problem with oxidize lip colour, pigmented lips, and alot of natural fine line on lips. but this lipstick is awsome. the texture the color the pigmentation the lasting power is all awsome. even my friends said "oh wow that lipstick really look good on you!" even though i feel the coral color kinda made my teeth look more yellow.. but.. well i dont care since my teeth is yellow already ;). and the color doesnt oxidize yay. yes it does sink to my fine line but it's not that bad, not gonna exposed that much. pigmentation is 10/10. since it's amplified, it's not that drying. and i do love a little shine (not much/glossy look) cause i dont like the size of my lips, i dont want shine on lips that can made my lip FULLER (well mine is too full IMO). it stay for up to 6 hr, it does stain so it doesnt come off when you're eating and drinking

so yes i'm gonna repurchase it when mac relaunch this color!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by bonnobbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pink version of it's orange sister "Vegas Volt" - I love the amplified cremes! On my yellow-based NC25 skin it starts off a bright neon which gets lots of compliments, then it turns into a medium-to-dark pink as the day wears on (I don't know if anyone else has this issue- lipsticks once dried stay true, but then turn about 1-2 shades darker after about 4 hours).

The colour payoff is really good, and it covers all lines/cracks really well, and one of the best things about this product is how it slowly wears off all evenly, no feathering! I usually put MAC prep+prime for lips underneath and I hardly lick my lips so that might help, but yeah!

Lastly, it really stays put - I usually swipe it on and give kisses goodbye before work - it doesn't transfer onto lips/cheeks! When it's full y dried (10mins?) you can pash !! ha. It does come off a little on sandwiches/tea cups etc. but MUCH MUCH less than NYX, less than Chanel's Rouge Allures and Tom Fords, a bit less than the Guerlain Rouge Gs, about the same as a YSL Rouge Volupte and a bit more than Lancome's Color design Matte lipsticks (so far, according to the shades I have. If this changes I'll update later).

Overall a great lippie, a 4 just because it does kind of feel heavy, but I'd buy it again any day! I will put up photos!

Oh yeah... makes your teeth look a bit yellower!! So you'll need to put some extra effort into wearing this one, even though application's a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh man. A new disappointment in my quest for a good pinky coral. Now, before you write off this lipstick - I have very dark pink, rosy lips. Corals tend to turn very orange on me, or very neon pink. I had such high hopes for this one, but it turns neon pink on my lips. I will get use of this next summer, I am sure, because it is a gorgeous colour. I will just need to get over the disappointment that I wanted it to look like it does on many bloggers, a perfect pink coral.

Formula and staying power is really good, though.

(FYI If you want to find out whether we are common in "coral colour preference": I use Mac Costa chic lots, it is a bright orange coral on me, can be toned down to a more classical coral by blotting; Calypso Coral Pot Rouge by Bobbi Brown is my perfect true coral; recent discoveries are By Terry Terrybly Guilty Nude (muted coral), Burberry Devon Sunset true warm coral; I still need to find a pink coral for myself - suggestions welcome! Illamasqua Scandal, Mac Watch me Simmer and Bobbi Brown Coral Pink are veeery pink on myself...)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect Spring/Summer lip color, very pinky coral on my pigmented lips and it's amplified my favorite finish from MAC. This last quite awhile on my lips, I try to use this without too much conditioner on my lip first because the color lasts longer and doesn't migrate on the outer rim of my lips. I think just about every skin tone can pull off this color, and if Nicki Minaj 2 is too bright for you check this lipstick out if you can find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by MSar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful bright pink coral lipstick! It's so creamy and opaque. I also find it very long lasting. It's such a fun and bright color. I try not to use it too much since its limited edition :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by malinjoiedevivre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Lately I've started to love bright lipsticks, so this was a must for me. I love it! It looks great with my skin tone (NW20), and even better when i get a bit of a tan. Its quite opaque and creamy, doesn't dry out my lips or show ugly creases. It looks amazing with just mascara and some blush! Too bad this is a limited edition :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I had ordered this from Nordstroms the week it came out but the issue was that I had moved to a new city in the the same state and I just got the free time to travel and pick up my package today 4/8/12. OMG I love colors like this as I have been obbsessed with this type colors for years now, so I dont know what took me soo long to pick it up. I love these bright coral cream colors , but I always put a gloss on top. I have really been impressed with the lipsticks from MAC this year so far. If I wouldve known it was going to be so great on me, I wouldve got another from the Reel Sexy Collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lovely520

When this collection first came out and I saw swatches of Watch Me Simmer, I knew I had to have it. I missed out on the bright lipsticks from the Iris Apfel collection...so I knew I had to snatch this one up. And I'm happy I did so. I don't own any other color like Watch Me Simmer (except Force of Love, which I bought after)...it's a beautiful bright pink-coral color, more coral than pink to me, though. As an amplified finish, it's very pigmented and creamy and has a sheen to it. It's the kind of color that brightens up your face and is a fun lipstick shade for spring and summer. I wear this a bit toned down with darker pink lipliner and rub my lips together to blend the color together. All in all, a beautiful color and I'm happy I got it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Emilyx0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this in MAC's s/s 2012 collection, I got it using Back 2 Mac (which was great!) its a beautiful coral colour & very pigmented (as its an amplified lip colour!) this would be gorgeous with a tan in the summer! would definitely recommend if you're looking for a good coral colour! Also the packaging it came in was so cute!