October 25, 2014 | 778 users online

Blush - Sephora - Double Contouring Cream Blush-Golden Spice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the hunt for a creme blusher that doesn't disappear on my oily skin, so anything that claims to "set to powder" will pique my interest. When I spotted this blush at Sephora, I decided to give it a whirl and see how I liked it on my complexion, as this is my first foray into plummy, warmer-hued blushers. (I'm usually apt to stick to my true pinks and peach blushers as they tend to work with my skin tone.)
And I love it. LOVE it. This color is the perfect warm plum tone to wear with my 90's-esque makeup looks, which I've been employing frequently now that we have entered the Autumn months.
The golden shimmer that is laced throughout does translate a tad onto my cheeks, but it's only enough to provide a beautiful warm glow. It's definitely not glittery (whereas the powder blusher from Sephora that is similar in color does absolutely leave a lot of glitter behind, which is why I passed on that one).
The pigmentation is great. A little goes a long way. It's a tad sheer, which is great because it means you have more control over how much color you want on your cheeks. I find the best way to apply this is with a dense brush, as it creates a beautiful, blended, airbrush-like look.
Not bad price-wise. $16, and I'm sure it'll last me a while due to it's drier consistency.
Packaging is sturdy and adorable, and it stays closed very well, so I'm not worried about traveling with this.
Definitely will repurchase, and try other shades in this range!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Stellababe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I second Hesperia's comments below. Exact same reaction and experience -- LOVE this blush...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Vzombie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product on a routine run to Sephora after work. I was instantly drawn to the cute little packaging and the fact that it looked pretty sturdy(always on the search for products that can take a beating in my kit). I tried on the blush from the tester and really liked the formula it went on smooth and silky leaving a beautiful glow on my cheeks. I was surprised it was a cream because it felt so powdery and it didn't clump or streak like most cream blushes do when applied over make up. The color was a sheer golden rosey color that looked like it could do well on most skin tones. I especiallly liked the subtle shimmer it had like it could almost be used as a very natural looking highlight . Overall great product i will definately be checking out the Sephora Collection more often now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush is simply brilliant. I could never use cream blushes. NE-VER. Regardless of the brand, and the claims that "it sets to powder," they would go on thick, greasy, splotchy, and disappear in minutes. And if I tried them on powder it was even worse.

Enter this little gem. I tried a little bit from the tester at Sephora and was instantly hooked. Unlike other brands that promise the same thing, this REALLY sets like a powder. Although I was wearing face powder, it spread on evenly and beautifully, and did NOT become greasy later on. Though sheer, the color payoff is terrific, making it look very natural. It held very well, too. I got this in Golden Spice, which is aptly described as 'antique rose with golden shimmer.' BTW, the shimmer is very slight and doesn't show on my cheeks at all. The only thing that shows is the color and a gorgeous glow. And I mean, glow. Not glitter. I used my finger to apply, but I'm sure it can be applied with a brush, it's so powdery. I can't get over the fact that it goes so well over powder. Sephora prods are getting better and better all the time. Well done!