November 22, 2014 | 1923 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Country Chic Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I wound up liking Country Chic Body Lotion more than I thought I would. Like it describes, it smells like wildflowers, wood & citrus. It quickly became one of my go-to summer scents & I love pairing it with the matching fine fragrance mist. It leaves my skin soft & the smell is long-lasting. Country Chic is very fresh & clean; although it's not one of my top scents, I do wear it pretty regularly. It softens & moisturizes my skin just as well as it leaves an awesome scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by sharthesinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this scent from bbw. the body lotion is exactly what you'd expect from bbw. if you're familiar with their products, and you like them, you won't be disappointed. i can't pinpoint what i like about this fragrance so much - flowery + citrus? i just know when i put it on it makes me happy. as an all over body moisturizer it's great. light, non-greasy, absorbs quickly. i might've even used it on my face once or twice when i traveled and forgot my daily face moisturizer. thankfully, i didn't break out, or have any irritation. as always, the prices at bbw are good too. they're always having a buy 2 get one free or other great deal. love bbw!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by oceanbubbles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. This has got to be one of my favorite Bath and Body Works scents, and I like almost all of them. I have Country Chic in both the body lotion and the fine fragrance mist, and I am obsessed with the scent! I first smelled Country Chic on one of my friends, and after a few minutes of sniffing around, wondering what smelled so amazing, my friend told me it was Country Chic. The scent is floral, fresh, and fruity without being overwhelming, old lady-ish, cloying, nauseating, or annoying. It's a very clean, fresh, feminine/girly scent that is both fun but sophisticated and slightly sexy. This is a great scent to wear to school, out with friends, in the summer, or just after a shower to feel clean and happy. Also, for $12 for an 8-ounce bottle of lotion and $14 for an 8-ounce bottle of fragrance mist, Country Chic smells way more expensive than it actually is! The lotion, besides smelling great and looking cute, moisturizes pretty well on my normal and dry skin, but the moisture and scent usually doesn't last past four hours. However, it makes my skin really silky and soothes the roughness. The fine fragrance mist is packaged in a cute, cylindrical spray bottle. The scent for me lasts about three hours on bare skin, and three to four hours on lotioned skin. Overall, Country Chic is a great scent, and I would definitely give it to friends (because basically everyone I know likes it) and buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite fragrance for spring and summer. I can't really tolerate perfume, and although I love their candles/soap, most B&BW lotions make me nauseous and/or give me a headache. BUT, Country Chic, for some reason, is the only one that doesn't irritate my senses! I first noticed it when a friend used it, and I thought it smelled amazing. Later, someone gave it to me as a gift and I was hooked. Even the most wonderful scents smell weird on me, but this one works great with my skin chemistry. It's fresh, a little bit sweet, and not too musky. I'm a fan of the lemon-y notes, which linger the longest. It's a tad floral, but not too much; I hate flowery perfumes, as they smell old-fashioned to me. The moisturizing power is pretty good, but I don't rely on it exclusively; I usually apply my favorite lotion at night, before bed, then apply this in the morning. Scents are very subjective, so some will hate this, and others will love it. Test it on your wrist and let it sit for at least half an hour, to make sure it doesn't "turn bad" on your skin. If you like fresh, juicy, and/or herbal fragrances, this is a good one to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Used to love this summery fragrance, but now all I smell is a strong chemical citrus smell. Lotion is drying, nothing to get too excited about. It's a shame, the fragrance was a hit when it first came out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Neil

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

As a body lotion addict for more than a decade Bath & Body Works was a great surprise.
I purchased my first triple moisture body cream in the winter. When Spring arrived
I wanted a more seasonal scent and Country Chic is it. I do not like sweet, sugary
smells so this creamy, floral, warm scent is perfect. The quality of the product blew
me away. It is rich and hydrating and the fragrance lasts for hours. And for $12.50 Canadian I think it is a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

This is my favorite lotion from BBW! The description on the bottle states it is an "effortlessly sexy blend of sparkling lemon, bright wildflowers, and spring woods inspired by the fresh air and natural beauty of America's countryside". When I read the "countryside" I was a little put off, I didn't want to smell like my backyard or the country! But when I used it, I was wrong.

This to me smells very light, a hint of lemon, flowers, and a clean crisp fresh air. It smells clean, sunshine, and spring! Compared to other scent from BBW, this lotion doesn't have a huge floral scent, but a hint of flowers and more freshness. Also, compared to other lotions, the smell isn't overpowering and "in your face" lotion, but light and subtle. This lotion makes me feel girly and sweet without the scent of flowers or cupcakes.
I've read this lotion smelled like grass? Where are they living? Grass doesn't smell this nice and fresh!

I've got many compliments that I smelled really nice because of this lotion and it last all day. I used to work at a fast-food restaurant and I came home, and my arms still smell great! People said it's a great spring/summer lotion, they're right, but I use this year around! I do chance my lotion for a week or two, but I always find myself want Country Chic again!

The only thing I don't like about this lotion, is the name. Country? Eh...? I can see why, but nonetheless this lotion to me is the best out of BBW collection. Definitely try this when you're at the store!! I will definitely keep on buying this and hope this never gets discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks describes Country Chic as an "effortlessly sexy blend of sparkling lemon, bright wildflowers, and spring woods"; inspired by the fresh air and natural beauty of America's country side". Bath&BodyWorks are quite confident in their body lotion's formula, calling it the "perfect daily moisturizer". The formula contains a mixture of jojoba oil, shea butter, and vitamin e, and is meant to be non greasy and quick absorbing. Bath&BodyWorks makes all their products in the USA and are a cruelty free brand. I have the 3fl oz travel size lotion which I bought for $3.33 on a 3/$10 deal. The travel lotion retails on it's own for $5, the full 8fl oz size sells for $11.
Packaging is a translucent light blue recyclable plastic bottle topped off with a blue pop up cap. The label's artwork is really pretty and fairly detailed, it suits the scent well. Bright, colorful wild flowers sit against a blue sky. Some dotted lines run across it as well, I'm not sure what they represent, bee lines perhaps? The name of the scent is written in the sky in dark blue letters. The back label features a full list of ingredients and a little bit of company info.
Country Chic has a slew of scent notes, most of them undetectable. Here's the list:

Top Notes: Sparkling Lemon, Grapefruit Zest, Juicy Pear, Crushed Leaves, Marigold
Mid Notes: Fresh Raspberry, Jasmine Petals, Day Lily, Gardenia, Orange Blossom
Dry Notes: Peach Nectar, Vanilla, Orchid, hints of Praline and Patchouli, Cedar Wood, Amber Wood, Skin Musk

That's a ton of notes for a scent described as "effortlessly sexy". I can barely pick any of them up too. To me, Country Chic smells powdery, floral, softly musky with just the lightest, slightest hints of lemon. The lemon is just so, so faint. I can't pick up any of the other fruit notes though. What notes do I pick up? Marigold, jasmine, musk, maybe some vanilla and if I sniff real hard, the grapefruit zest. Either way, I don't think Country Chic smells anything like the description. That being said, it smells pretty good. It's very warm and summery. I think it could suit just about anyone.
Country Chic lasts much longer than most Bath&BodyWorks scents, at least for me. I can still pick it up 3-4 hours after I apply the lotion. Layered with a Fine Fragrance Mist, Country Chic could likely last all day.
The lotion is pretty standard for Bath&BodyWorks. White, thin, not greasy and sinks in quickly. It's adequately moisturizing, nothing to get excited about, but it's pretty good.
I actually really like Bath&BodyWorks' Country Chic body lotion. While the scent isn't very close to the description, nor is it very unique, it's still pretty nice. It's warm, soft and summery, with good lasting power. The label is very pretty, but simple. I probably won't repurchase Country Chic, at least not in lotion form, but I might grab a mini Fine Fragrance Mist one day. I definitely recommend checking out this cheery, casual scent next time you stop into Bath&Body Works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Flowers, sunshine, lemonade, those are the images that the Country Chic lotion evokes. And a wonderful combination too! It is quite a strong fragrance, but I like it that way and I make sure that when I apply this, I don't wear any other fragrance to avoid a mish-mash of smells. Bath and Body Works lotions and creams are wonderful. They are light yet creamy, not greasy, easily absorbed, moisturise well AND smell awesome. (There are certain scents that I don't like but that's a personal preference). Country Chic is a fragrance I adore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by PeacefulDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love scents that remind me of different landscapes, and this is one that does :) Country Chic reminds me of the outdoors, and I love that! So fresh smelling and doesn't give me a headache :) This scent is especially perfect for spring/summer!