July 28, 2014 | 1321 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow - Grege 734

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I own a few Dior quints: I buy them because I love their sturdy and sophisticated looks and the colours always look intriguing. But I always end up wearing one or two shades...

Grege is different, because I'm happy with all five colours and I like to use them in couples or even mix 3 together and they work wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by diorbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful eyeshadow palette!! Most of the shadows are satin finish except for the white/cream highlight shade which has more shimmer than the others, the other shades are light brown, medium-dark brown, medium grey and taupe. It's such a versatile palette you don't have to worry about what other makeup you're wearing. The shadows go on really smoothly and blend easily and they lasted on me without creasing. All the shades are cool toned which I love because I'm very pale with cool toned skin.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how this isn't more popular--it's really gorgeous. At a glance it's sort of unremarkable, but once on it's a beautiful medley of subtle grays, taupes, and browns. For an everyday look, or just for something natural, I much prefer this over Incognito. My skin is cool toned, pale, about an NC10 at a guess, and these show up well on me without washing me out or clashing with my skin.

Soft but not too powdery, pigmented, and easy to blend and layer. The shimmer is tasteful, none of the frost finishes that crop up in some of Dior's quints. The bottom left shade has more of a satin finish and works well as a liner. The upper left is a gingerbread/antiqued gold; the upper right is a cool white; the bottom right is a cool, stone grey; the bottom left is a cool, bruised, deep brown (my favorite in the palette); and the center is a cool, silvery buff that looks stunning as a wash across the lids.

This goes a long way for me since I use one or more of the shadows in a lot of different looks. I think it's one of Dior's better palettes, especially considering the restraint that was used in the finishes.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a mini palette free with a Dior mascara at SDM (Canada). This palette is quite nice, but not the best I have ever used.

Pros:
.Silky, no fallout
.subtle shimmer
.colors blend beautifully
. a great color selection (sometimes shadows too similar look muddy)
.beautiful packaging

Cons:
.not very pigmented
.extremely expensive

These colors are into cool tones natural looks that incorporate grey and brown...otherwise I would save your money and stick to MAC

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After seeing this on a blog, I was obsessed. It definitely falls in the cool-tone family but the colors are so soft and blendable that I can make it work on my warm yellow undertoned asian NC25-30ish skin tone. There are 5 shades: a soft shimmery white which is a fantastic highlight and inner corner shade, a soft champanged gray (center), a warm fawn brown, a light graphite gray, and lastly a grayed dark plummy/brown. All the colors go very well together and can be use for daytime or a more going out night look. The shadows aren't as pigmented as I am used to (ie UD, NARS, etc) but they are goof proof shades that can be built up for more oomph. Overall I think it's a nice to have, but not a "i can't live w/o this" kinda palette.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Beautiful selection of shades that will fit everybody with scandinavian colouring, both pale and tan. The bronzey ( yes, I think it's bronzey) brown brings out blue eyes in a subtle way, the smooth shimmer does not highlight the texture of aging skin.
I work selling makeup, and every person I put this on ends up buying it, very, very happy with the results.
No other eye shadow applies better or stays longer- creaseless all day without primer.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

Ive been wanting to get a dior palette but they were either colors i wouldnt use often or all the colors had shimmer. Imo if i am to spend this much on a palette i want to be able to really make good use out of it. If u are looking for high impact colors like urban decay or mac, u may not like this one. The colors in this palette are not shimmerybut more of a soft satin finish. Even for the lightest shade with shimmer, the shimmer is very subtle. If u are looking for cooler neutrals, low shimmer, everyday work appropriate neutrals, this is a good palette. What i also love about this palette is how well all the colors go together. Unlike the others, like the blue one or the pink one, i find they tend to have two shades too similar which doesnt justify the price tag. I have the naked palette but i prefer this one, less shimmer, cooler browns and just easier to travel with not just because its smaller but i find it easier to work with.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been reading different reviews on severel blogs, so I decided to give my 2 cents on this one.
Grege is a gorgeous neutral palette, that leans cool.
The palette contains 5 shades:
It has a orangy/ camel midtone brown satin,
a shimmery off- white,
a shimmery light taupe,
an almost matte dark brown that leans towards purple,
and a medium charcoal silver/ grey satin.

What makes this different from all the other neutral or 'naked' palettes is that this leans more on the cool side.
The addition of the grey adds a cool note to the browns. The camel is the only warm colour in this palette, which makes it only more interesting. There's no gold or warm brown in sight.

As always, Dior e/s are great quality, easy to blend and great for layering to add other dimensions to the colours. These e/s never get muddy when blending and they are very easy to built up. You can use the palette for a wash of colour with one colour, or a multi dimensional eye look (with three or even up to all five colours). Some palettes make it difficult to mix and match, but these five work together so beautifully, it's almost fool proof.
With two darker colours, one medium toned colour and two lighter colours, you have several options for a light smoky eye or an office appropriate version.

I'm fair, cool toned (nw15) and this is a way better option for me than UD Naked 1 ;)

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No