January 28, 2015 | 2078 users online

Powder - NYX - Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 12:47:00 AM More reviews by thesandye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i LOVE it as a setting powder. makes my face look flawless. then spray the urban decay all nighter then im good all day

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Ulta last week when I was looking for something to replace my expensive Aveda powder foundation. The associate said this line was vegan and mostly natural, so I decided to try it. I've never actually liked a product I've tried from NYX, but was hoping this would be an exception. The testers were all shattered and I couldn't try them, so I just picked up the lightest shade they had and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the lightest they had, Nude, was a bit too dark for me. I found out that they have a lighter shade called Ivory that would have been much better, if the store had stocked it. Anyway, the powder applied very evenly, but was a tad too dark for me. It offers very little coverage, even if you pack it on. The good news is, it doesn't look cakey, even if you put on a ton. By the end of the day, most of it had worn off, but it did keep my skin matte for most of the day. Overall, it reminds me more of a pressed powder than a powder foundation. I may purchase it again if my Ulta ever gets the Ivory shade in. In the meantime, this one is going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Carmen0

This is a repurchase for me and it has also replaced my MAC MSF Natural. I use it to set liquid foundation. I use two shades, Nude and Warm Beige. I used to use MSF in Light Plus and Med Dark, for both powders it's almost $60.. it's $10 for a Stay Matte Not Flat and they're always going on sale. It not an exact dupe because it could look cakey if packed on. MSF almost never looks cakey. The compact is a bit bulky but it's kinda the norm for compacts with a separate compartment for the sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

Look, I really like this! I have soft beige #05. Tinted moisturiser, concealer, then this NYX powder and I'm a happy gal. I apply with a fluffy brush. I find the staying power great, I love the finish, couldn't be happier 😊

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So not happy with this powder. I usually use Macs Studio Fix powder foundation and love that. So I thought this would be a good low end one for my daily mu bag. Well I put on my foundation Mufe Face & Body because I really don't need a ton of coverage just redness correction. So I apply this with my 187 stipple brush to my t zone only well it looked great at 1st. Well I check my makeup about 2 hours later and this looked like it was laying above my foundation and looked so blotchy. I was mortified and I use a good setting spray. I have never had issues with a powder foundation. I don't have dry spots or anything! This just looked so bad! I wish I had just bought a Mac backup because this is just not good.

I'm very surprised because I've had really good luck with NYX products but not this one at all. I do like the Blotting Powder though. This is just no bueno and it seems it's not just me who thinks it. Save your $ on this one. Definitely pass on this. Not Recommended:(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Use a light hand, soft brush and gentle swipes to make this work. It is definitely matte but doesn't really blend into the skin, knocking it down a few pegs as both a foundation and finishing powder. I'm not even a fan of matte finishes but am going through this surprisingly quickly, seeing pan after only 3 months which is strange for only occasional use. Would be good to carry in a bag for touchups or oil control as it's a sturdy compact with mirror but no application tool. It is also a tad yellow in the nude shade, so beware if you have cool undertones. Won't repurchase as I have dry skin and oil control is not necessary and this level of matte is not flattering. There are better matte powder foundations out there but this is OK for the price point.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product didnt stand out to me, it wasnt an amazing mattifying product that i would go out of my way to buy, i feel like you could find a cheaper version that does the exact same thing. I find it was a little pricey for just an OK product. If it was cheaper ( in Canada i paid around $22.00 ) i would probably repurchase it, but all-in-all this is probably something i will forget about once i run out, if i even continue to use it.

Colour selection was a plus, they had some nice light beige colours with no pink undertone which is harder to find in a drugstore powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder. Since I now have my experiences with this powder I will not be buying another 30 Mac studio fix powder ever. For the most part i have normal skin. So, this powder does not look shiny nor matte on my skin. One thing I llike about this powder is the color match. So much Better then Macs color selection. I do not need to reapply this powder through out the day. I also use this alone and over my foundation. It's so beautiful over foundation. People are always complementing my skin not my makeup when I'm actually wearing my foundation and this powder. When I wear it all alone its okay. It just makes my skin look airbrushed. It states on the box that it's waterproof. I'm not sure about that claim yet I haven't got my makeup wet yet. I'm sure living in crazy Houston that I'll be walking out side and it'll probably start pouring bananas outside unexpectedly. Also it claim to be sweat proof.....that's in contrary with it's earlier claim of waterproof. Sorry ladies I haven't been sweating due to the 30 degrees freezing weather out here. But I'm sure soon enoungh when the Houston humidity returns I'll get to really test it out then I'll update. so far so good. I wear the color tawny. I am a nw43,44,sometime nc50. It depends on what time of the year it is. Right now I'm a nc50. Nc 50 is a lil bit dark on me right now but not a significant change. The packaging is very bulky. Not sleek like the Mac packaging. It's really bulky and weigh a lot. I really do not like the mirror it's shiny and poorly designed. It does come with a sponge applicator. I do not use the sponge. I use my elf powder brush and I stipple and pressed this powder on to my skin. It does say as stated by nyx, to use the sponge for FULL COVERAGE. I tried it and it does go on as full coverage that way. Hope I helped someone bye bye. Also, before I forget. It does not say anything on the box about using this product wet like most powder foundations. It's says use dry. Also I did not smell any harsh odors from the powder. Maybe a slight makeupy scent nothing over powering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

This product is labeled as a powder Foundation, but I think it is much better as a setting powder. I was looking for a cheap replacement for my MAC studio fix powder because I like just wearing that on lazy days for Foundatio . This did not fit the bill. The color was a good match but it didn't have the coverage I was looking for in a foundation. As a setting powder it works great and has a nice finish. I would buy it again as a setting powder, but never again for Foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Erika813

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as a powder to go over my foundation or bb cream. I think it is a great medium coverage powder. I love that it looks like my actual skin. To me it had a natural look and feel and matches my skin great (I use soft beige). When my face is clearer I use it with my hope in a jar A to Z bb cream and benefit porefessional primer. When I need a little more coverage I use it with benefit primer and maybelline dream wonder fluid (which seems to cover most imperfections).