NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 7/28/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this powder (Medium beige)! I have used Studiofix (C4) for the past few years and can say I will not go back. This compact is matte and sets right in. The coverage over concealer and/or foundation is perfect. I have combination skin and acne prone (this did not break me out) The price also helps :) Def a must try...

on 7/23/2015 10:42:00 PM

Love the idea of powder foundation for a quick makeup in the morning. This actually looked good on me, not too flat, but I broke out every time I wore it. The last time I tried it, I wore only the powder, just to see if that was the cause. Three hours later, I had little pimples all around my face. Wish I'd kept the receipt, because I can't use it now.

on 7/23/2015 9:34:00 PM

Did not work for me. The color natural is very yellow. Lots of fall out when used with a brush.

on 7/17/2015 9:52:00 PM

Unfortunately I bought this in the wrong color. My complexion is a light/fair with pink undertones. I bought this on the Ulta website in Nude. It certainly looked like it was light with pink undertones on the site but unfortunately in reality it is very yellow and definitely does not match my skin at all, at least not as a powder foundation. I decided to use this as a light dusting powder as the coverage is really nice. That is one thing that I hate about buying foundations/powders/concealers online as the shades are never true to life. Well at least for me they aren't. Pigmentation is very good and if I could find this in my true color match, I would definitely repurchase!

on 7/11/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't really wear high coverage foundation so I find this perfect for myself. It leaves my skin looking really soft and smooth but it's not super great at oil control. It's fine, I have no problem with reapplying. I also use it as a setting powder for when I do wear foundation or BB cream and it's great for that too! Good price!! I'd buy again! I bought the shade Warm Beige and it matches well with my tan skin.

on 7/6/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok you guys, I wore this over the weekend (July 4th and 5th) in blazing hot weather... I'm talking about 102 degrees! I played golf both days under the merciless sun and I stayed matte all day. I was literally in shock when I checked myself in the mirror at the end of the day. And let me tell you, I have the OILIEST nose on this planet, like people literally tell me my nose is sweating. I pretty much just accepted it, because I've tried $60 powders with no success, until now. I also tried a lighter shade to set my undereyes and it worked amazing there too. The powder does not separate, when it fades at the end of the day, it does so without looking blotchy. Many people compare this to MAC's Studio Fix Plus foundation powder but that powder has more coverage, which leads to the cakey-ness that it tends to turn into. I also find it unsuitable for the undereye area. I might put this as a cross between MAC's Studio Fix Plus foundation powder and their Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, because MSF is less coverage and has a subtle radiance. But the MSF powder turns Horribly blotchy and has bismuth oxychloride. Bismuth oxychloride is disastrous for sensitive skin. I thought I had horrible acne for years but found out that bismuth oxychloride was the culprit. It has to do with its molecule structure, which resembles arsenic. This NYX powder is much more natural looking, which is a pro when you're setting your liquid foundation. Remember that if you have large pores. Try using a powder puff or dry sponge and press the powder into your skin to fill the pores. Then you can very lightly dust off the powder with a VERY soft brush, like baby soft brush, so you don't disturb all the work you did before hand.

on 6/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this powder foundation!!! I cannot say enough good about it. I have combination to oily skin with yellow undertones. The finish is super natural, I carry it with me to reapply it when I need it because no product survives all day on my T-zone. I use it with a primer or milk of magnesia as a primer to control better my oily T-zone, especially in summer time.
The medium beige shade (SMP06) is a perfect match for my NC25-NC30 skin. I love the fact that the web site tells you for each shade which undertones it has, that made it so much easier to find my perfect match, I wish all cosmetics companies would do this! and that should be written on the packaging too. The price point is great, very affordable. I just love it, sadly it's difficult to get in Canada since Target went away :'-( I have one backup left.

on 6/19/2015 12:40:00 AM

This is one of the better powders that Ive tried. It really is what it says-matte not flat. Having combo skin its hard to find a powder that works for me...controlling shine on the forehead and oil on the chin, whilst not drying the hell out of my dry cheeks and undereyes. This does that. one of the only powders that doesn't dry me out AT ALL and I didn't think that was possible. Also, it blends easily and doesn't look powdery. Very natural like real skin, lets natural glow peek through. Coverage is not great however, but decent. Holds up well throughout the day, but it does disappear eventually. One thing I do appreciate is that when it does fade it literally disappears, evenly, rather than start to appear patchy, clinging on to dry areas or separating in oily area like some other powders. Good powder overall but not enough to keep me from trying every other powder ever made. And for the low price its pretty great!

on 5/24/2015 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder on a whim. The lighest colour was a good match for my skin tone and it was cheaper than the powder I normally use. In addition, it has very light coverage, which I prefer. I also liked the idea of a matte powder that wouldn't look flat. Well, I would have been better off spending a bit more and buying my normal, excellent powder. My oily t-zone stayed matte for about 20 minutes, which is not acceptable. This powder foundation is a total waste of money.

on 5/15/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I totally agree with "ferrery" (the review below), I'm not sure why there is so much negativity towards this product. For the longest time I was debating buying this product because of the mixed reviews; For every positive review I would read one that is negative. But, I finally bit the bullet and bought in.

Pros:
1)Colour- Finally....my quest to find a product that is yellow enough for my skin has come true. I bought this powder in the colour Warm Beige (07) and I can't be happier with my C2-C3 colour match!! There are numerous websites devoted to showing what each powder foundation colour looks like, in fact, the NYX website is relatively accurate. I will say that the powder sits on the skin sliggghty lighter than what is shown in the pan, but I'll be honest with all of you, only an overly-observer like me would ever notice. The entire line has 20 colours which is fabulous; I love a foundation that can cater to many skin tones. Also, the undertones to each colour are on point- there are some powders that are more yellow, more pink, or just neutral. Who ever coloured these powders did an amazing job of actually making them look skin-like. (Ps: only 10 out of the 20 colours were available at my drugstore)

2)Longevity- I'm an oily gal..like..really oily. This powder lasted about 5 hours on me before it started to get oily; normally (with liquid foundation) I only get about 2 hours.

3)Packaging- Does this remind anyone else of the mac powder foundation? Yes, it might not be AS classy looking, but it's really good for drugstore standards. My only beef is that it might be a little too bulky for some purses. You have a healthy-sized mirror, your product, and a compartment below that harbours your sponge and aerates it at the same time. The plastic it sturdy and I'm never worried that the powder will open while it is in my purse.

4)Applicator/Coverage- For the first time ever a company has given me an applicator( that comes with a product) that actually works!! What a refreshing change! Upon first contact with the sponge,I was really surprised at the quality of it. The sponge is denser and more rubbery-er feeling than your standard sponge. This isn't something like a beauty blender; it's much more dense and compact. Clearly, someone has put a lot of thought and effort into creating something that works for the product. I tried using the powder with a standard kabuki brush, but it didn't give me the coverage I wanted. So I used the sponge and it gave me a gorgeous medium coverage. I'll admit, I was hoping for even more coverage, but what I got was reduced redness, blemishes and dark spots. I'll take that over nothing at all. Besides, I dont always like to look heavy and made-up; sometimes it's just nice to have a light-medium (more medium) coverage product that actually lets the skin breathe.

5)Formula- the powder is creamy. So finely milled. Just exquisite. The powder isn't one-dimensional; you'll notice that it's not a flat matte veil of powder pigment, no...it has a little bit of a sheen to it. Before everyone panics, it's not bad. What it does is it catches the light naturally as your skin would. In fact, if you go out in the sun and notice the inside of your elbow (where blood is taken from) you'll notice a hint of shimmer-sheerness in the skin (or at least my skin does this). This product truly doesn't make you look flat. Again, a lot of thought has been put into this product in making it look as natural as possible. Even better, the product contains no talc :)

Con:
1) Dryness- unfortunately this product accentuates my dry spots, but I'm not going to complain about this because (lets be real) what dry-skinned individual would ever say "hey, maybe I'll try a powder foundation today". The dryness of my skin is my issue because normally I'm very oily. I just wanted to say this to those who are more on the combo side.

Overall: If you have MAC's powder foundation, give this a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the quality that drugstore powders have to offer. If you're dry, please don't try this. Other than that, I highly recommend this to everyone even if you are not going to use it as a foundation- the coverage of this can be sheer and yet still provide you with a flawless finish if you are using this as a finishing powder. For $10 CAD you can't go wrong.

PS: I will be trying this with a wet sponge and will provide an updated review soon!:)