November 29, 2014 | 809 users online

Cleansers - mark - Help Wanted

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark.'s Help Wanted is an anti-acne exfoliating cleanser that features kaolin clay, apples, and cinnamon. I've been using several sample sized packets. The full sized, 5 fl oz bottle retails for $10. Mark. products are not tested on animals and are made in the USA.
Help Wanted comes packaged in a white squeeze tube with silver cap. The pink Mark. logo is written side wards down the bottle. The rest of the information is written on the front of the bottle in pink and red text. It's a cute, girly touch, while still looking like a quality cleanser.
Help Wanted is white with grey granules that vary in size. The formula features kaolin clay, which draws out excess oil and impurities (the clay is water soluble, so it won't clog your sink). Salicylic acid to prevent break outs, and apples and cinnamon which are natural purifiers that also deliver a boost of antioxidants.
Help Wanted exfoliates surprisingly well, especially compared to other "exfoliating" cleaners. It also lathers really well, so you only need a little bit of product. I get 2 full uses out of each tiny sample packet. I somehow always manage to get Help Wanted in my eyes, no matter how careful I'm being. It stings really bad. Do be careful when using around your eye area. This cleanser feels very soft on the skin, and it gives a little bit of a gentle tingle, probably from the cinnamon.
After rinsing, skin feels very soft and smooth. There's also a bit of tightness, caused by the clay. If you've ever used a clay based mask like Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask, it's a feeling you're likely used to.

Help Wanted smells like apples and cinnamon. It's a very sweet, energizing scent. Mark. should come out with a bath product line with this scent. I'd go for it.
Help Wanted is best suited to those with oily and/or acne prone skin. If that's your skin type, I do recommend this cleanser. It exfoliates very well and does a great job absorbing excess oil. Personally I won't purchase the full size product, because I find it a little bit too drying for my normal to combination skin. I did find it helpful on days where I was more oily than usual. I really enjoy the apple-cinnamon scent also. I feel like Mark.'s bath and skin care lines are some of their best products, and Help Wanted is definitely proof of that.