November 21, 2014 | 1637 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Natural Instincts in Malaysian Cherry

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This must be one of their discontinued colors as it cannot be found anywhere except for Amazon.com. This was THE best boxed red dye that could be found. It was rich, deep, vibrant/shiny and always left hair feeling soft. Natural Instincts' other reds do not hold a candle to this one color.

Cherry Creme, Raspberry Creme and Cinnaberry (the other reds) do not take to anything other than almost blonde hair and two out of three are harsh when they do. I'm a home hair-color veteran so heed my advice.
Cherry Creme isn't a true red, it's a brown/auburn. Cinnaberry will tint medium brown hair with a purple and turn blonde hair crimson. Raspberry Creme seems to fall into the same category with a tamer crimson. I have used all of these more than once and over a variety of colors.

Malaysian Cherry was just a stand out color that took to even dark brown hair.

I don't even bother with the reds from this brand anymore. If I want red these days I have to buy Manic Panic. MAYBE if I want to try a red from Natural Instincts again I'll bleach it first...but that is just sooo bad for the hair...and that way it will be a more desirable color. (Didn't have to do that with Malaysian Cherry though...)

CLAIROL, PLEASE BRING THIS COLOR TO STORES AGAIN!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No