April 24, 2014 | 1833 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Natural Instincts -18 Pecan, Medium Golden Brown

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Didn't quite get the color on the box--it actually came out somewhat darker--but overall it looks good. The rest of the review can be found under the Natural Instincts product review.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Repurchase: a big NO. I wish I had read the reviews before wasting my money on this. The 2 week refresher is a joke. did nothing to my grays, so now I have to pick up my Nice and Easy root color. I wish I'd just purchased that one in the first place!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmmm, while this is not going to be a home dye job horror story, I wouldn't recommend this product to anybody really. As semi-permanents go, this formula (apparently the newest version) is pretty mediocre. I don't think it did much to cover my roots or grays and it left my hair with a very weird texture: kinda, sorta dry. My usual Neutrogena Triple Moisture hair mask could not make a repairing dent in this problem. I acutally put on the two-weeks-later color refresh (which stinks to high heaven like a very cheap, flowery perfume) a couple days earlier because it seemed like I had major color fading that soon. I don't remember having any of these problems with Garnier Herbashine and they DON'T include a 2 week refresh with their product (maybe because they don't NEED to?) The original color result for this married very nicely with the fading reddish brown from Herbashine but the overall negatives out weigh the few good points for this product.

I just bought a box of Feria because a friend recommended I just go ahead and take the plunge and get a permanent color. I am sitting here with damp, freshly Feria-ed hair and so far so good. My hair does not feel like straw and I'm interested to see how many "multi-faceted, shimmery tones" I'll see in the morning. Hope I like what I see in broad daylight. My hair's texture already feels better than it did after I dyed it with Natural Instincts. Don't buy that stuff, it's not worth it! ;)