October 30, 2014 | 1475 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Creme Liner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wear black eyeliner every day. I have tried all of them, felt tip (dries out and not black enough after a couple weeks), brush tip (brush is never good, formula is usually too wet), long lasting gel (dry out in the pots WAY before they are used up, gunk up brushes, hard to get off), pencil (not precise, drags or smears). MAC creme liner was one of the first products I ever bought from MAC, and it is the absolute BEST black liner I've used.

1. The pot lasts FOREVER. Because it is reconstituted with water, it never dries out and becomes unusable like gel. One of mine even had a missing lid, and it was still perfect.

2. It is super black. Getting the right consistency is a little tricky at first, and everyone has a differnet preference. I don't like to use it dry. I usually put a small drop of water in the pot, and sort of roll it around until the surface is just damp. Then use the brush to get a good sort of thick but smooth consistency.

3. It wears all night, and is still easy to take off. This is not water resistent like some of the gel liners, but because it is water soluble, it comes right off with regular face wash. If you have a problem with watering eyes, though, It might not be for you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by mariko2312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product, I use it with the EcoTools Angled liner brush and it gives me perfect eyeliner every time.
In the past I've been known to take a lot longer to do my makeup because I spent most of that time fixing and redoing my liquid liner trying because of the drying time. The creme liner has made it all so much easier though, it's reduced my time by about 20 minutes.
It lasts all night and goes on quite easily, my only issue is that after i've been using it for a while the contents of the liner gets a bit clumpy, but it's easy enough to smooth by wiping the brush against the side of the pot before applying.
I've had it for a year now and it's not even halfway down finished, will definitely buy again as soon as it's finished.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by sherisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good long lasting eyeliner overall, but I prefer the Loreal HIP eyeliner as it lasts longer! This packaging is great and portable but still a little pricey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very dry and goes bad quickly (shrinks and pulls away from the pan sides). My recommendation, go with Smashbox cream liners.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2007 5:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupdrawer2full

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with Archangeli! The Bobby Brown creme eyeliner is fantastic. And the same thing happened to me. . I was at a party feeling pretty good using my new Mac eyeliner and , when I went to the ladies room and looked in the mirror...WHOA girl...who is that RACCOON? Because its so greasy, it was easy to wipe off. But then all my concealer came off with it...this made me mad at Mac!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by emilykollaja

lasts all day which i love, but you must have a steady hand to apply. and it will deffinitly take awhile to use all of the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by islandkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my most loved eyeliners. I only have this in the color black but will definitely seek out some others (hopefully, they're still available!)
I use this only with my MAC #210 eyeliner brush and mix with a few drops of water. I get perfect results everytime. The brush gives me the precision to create the thinnest line. And the texture is just perfect. The color is a beautiful and intense true black. Another plus is that this lasts forever on me. I don't think I have to purchase anytime soon because the little pot will last me ages. But when I do run out I will definitely be running out for another! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by niccebee

I use a damp MAC angled liner brush to apply this and it's PERFECT. I'm pretty clumsy with eyeliner but this gives me precision control. It also blends well for a smoky look. This has lasted me for 3 years, but I'll replace it when it's gone for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2005 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Moonbeam269

This is the best liner. I use it wet, with #210 brush. i can be applied in a very dark solid thin line. a much better option to liquid liner, same effect without the mess

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by diablina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This doesn't get much play since Fluidlines came out, but it is a classic! I have this in black and several discontinued colours and I love them! I dip a tiny wet brush into them and paint on. Of course the more water you add, the thinner it becomes. Once I apply it, I let it dry for a second, and it stays on forever! With the coloured ones, I use them on the lid like a CCB with great results. I have horribly sensitive eyes and really oily lids, and this doesn't burn AND stays put. I don't end up with the black half-moon circles on my crease that I do with powder liner and some pencils. This is a great product, terribly underrated in my opinion! continued >>