L'Oreal Elnett - Unscented

3.8

Alcohol Denat., Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, VA/Vinyl Butyl Benzoate/Crotonates Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxycitronellal, Evernia Prunasti (Oakmoss) Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Citral, Courmarin, Glycerin, Amyl Cinnamal, Fragrance

on 9/3/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep coming back to this hairspray because every time I try to find something better, I come up short. It isn't completely unscented, but it's pretty close. I've never actually found a hairspray that is truly Unscented, because I don't think it exists. And most of them smell a whole lot worse than this!
I like that this is a dry, even mist. It will never shoot out a big burst of heavy wet spray, nor will it ever give that wet or sticky look. And though it's not a heavy-duty hold, it is completely buildable to give more hold, without weighing hair down.

on 6/24/2015 10:19:00 AM

I bought the unfragranced version of this hairspray, because I generally prefer to wear unscented products. Well, it might be "unfragranced", but it is NOT scent free. It is actually the worst smelling hairspray I have ever tried. It smells like bug spray & alcohol & horrible chemicals. Even when I try not to breath in the spray it still seems to get caught in my throat & it tastes even worse than it smells. I actually have to go rinse my mouth out to get rid of the awful taste. I was terribly disappointed because I've read so much about how awesome this hairspray is & how everyone loves it but I was unimpressed. It works okay, but I wouldn't think it was an extra strong hold like the can claims. In its favor it doesn't make my hair crunchy & it does brush out easily, & I like the fine mist the can sprays, but I didn't find it had any better hold than the Herbal Essence hairspray I was using previously. I'm glad I got this on sale because it is going straight in the trash! I hate wasting products but it smells too bad to pass on to anyone else & I can't find my receipt to return it. Bottom line, don't waste your money!!

on 11/20/2014 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If the original version of Elnett gave you headaches, give the unscented version a try. It's not 100% unscented (it still smells like hairspray + something else), but it's a huge improvement over the original version, which I could still smell in my hair 2 days and 2 shampoos later. I paid about $13 for the full size (wish it came in a smaller travel size option as well), which is pricey but I like the fine mist and the touchable hold. The can is tall and unwieldy which means it's sometimes difficult to dispense, but it's not a dealbreaker.

on 10/21/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is Kim Kardashian's fave & I can see why! Also why it's got such a European cult status & the pros. I am new to this product. I bought the unscented coz I heard soooo many terrible things about the scent of the regular scent 1 & I was too much of a chicken butt to risk my $12 (on sale, no less!!) on the scented version but this is niiiiice! Smells floral like midge-and-Mabel-under-the-bonnet old fashioned but I actually dig that kinda thing (1 of my very fave perfumes is Youth Dew actually.... I specialize in what grandmas like I guess! & Mary Kay lipsticks). This sprays so finely & evenly. It has gr8 hold & doesn't make my hair feel heavy or gross or sticky. I wear my hair up mostly so it is good for that. Fast becoming a HG! We will have to see how long the can lasts thou coz $12 to $14 is a lot for one can of hairspray. I decided to splurge & spoil myself coz life is too short!! I think this will work well for my horse shows coz I need my hair big & not to move without looking dull. I show in (carriage) driving horses. Anyways at any rate this is a nice hairspray & I will repurchase but I am too timid to try the scented version. I'd also like to add if it ain't broke don't fix it ;) I am not a huge Loreal hair product fan but I like the makeup I've tried (true match, magic nude, lipsticks, various eyeliners, miss manga waterproof mascara....). I think I am allergic to their curly hair products coz they make me itch & also don't cut the grease/dirtiness of my hair but I am in love w this hairspray. Highly rec'd!!

I adore this. I hated the fragrance of the regular one. But this works well without the sneezing from the strong cheap perfume smell. haha

on 5/27/2014 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you're scared of hairspray like me - scared that it might turn your hair into a crunchy helmet - then you might want to give this product a try. It is very buildable so don't worry about overdoing it. It is also such a fine mist that it goes on invisible. Since I live in a very hot and humid city, I can't say that this lasts all day, but it lasts for a good 4-6 hours or so if I'm light-handed with it. So far it's the best, most natural looking and effective hairspray I've used - not to mention economical! Will repurchase.

on 5/7/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

HG, plain and simple. Buildable, flexible, non-sticky, non-crunchy.It's not entirely unscented, but it's worlds better than the original. The fine mist is ideal for my very fine hair, keeps it from clumping together. A bit expensive but it lasts for months and months of daily use.

on 5/5/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The best thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't smell bad. I have shoulder length fine hair. I don't style it in a way that requires a firm hold, but I do need a little something to give it some structure. This spray not only did not hold my style much longer than it took me to walk out to the car, it seemed to actually remove what little body
I had to start with. I regret wasting 15ish bucks on this. I get consistently better results with my $1 can of Unscented White Rain Extra Hold Hairspray.

on 4/10/2014 3:12:00 PM

I like this hairspray and I hate wearing hairspray. I only use the 'unscented' version of this. It's not actually without scent, however it's a fairly pleasant smell for a hairspray. Keeps my hair in place but does not give me that hard, sticky look. Hate that. I wish it was less expensive but a bottle of this lasts me for months.

on 3/21/2014 12:35:00 PM

I love this hairspray. Everyone complains about the scent. Honestly, with the unscented I don't smell much at all. There's a slight scent when I first spray it on I my hair but once I brush through I can smell anything anymore. It holds my hair all day and doesn't make it sticky or crunchy. No other hairspray has ever held my hair all day.

Popular Styling Products