October 24, 2014 | 898 users online

Eye Shadow - Tarina Tarantino - Dreamy Jewel Eyeshadow palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tarina Tarantino dreamy jewel palette is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes. This makes me sad because you can no longer buy her makeup at Sephora and I don't know anywhere else to buy it. I tried this palette when it went on clearance at Sephora. It consists of 5 eye shadows a different shades of brown and gold. What I like best about these eyeshadows are the consistency. They are super soft and velvety and blend very easily. The color payoff is fantastic. I really wish this line was still around. Its some of my favorite makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by aurora0917

I am in love with this palette. The quality and pigmentation of these shimmery shadows is simply the best I've ever experienced. Also, it comes in a gorgeous, exquisite compact with an iridescent finish. It is simply beautiful. There is almost no fallout, and the colors in the pans are true to their shades when applied on the eyes. There are two light highlighting shades that have a shimmery, pearlesque finish. The copper color looks great on anyone with a warm skin tone, and the dark glittery brown is super-pigmented (and none of the glitter falls off, which is surprising). All the shadows are smooth, high-quality, and utter perfection. I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll admit it... I've bought the older Tarina Tarantino quints purely for the packaging and have had them collecting dust in a corner because the quality was disappointing but I am super surprised with these newly released quints in the permanent line.

I first bought Magical which is a plummy mauve palette. Kind or of your standard fall/spring type of color spectrum when looking at it but the finish to these shadows are really unique so I picked up Dreamy as a birthday treat to myself. Dream has an interesting mix of bronzers/taupes/creams and deep brown with bronze glitter. While it's a bronze palette, the mixture of the taupe and the cream hightlight shades doesn't make this palette lean to warm or orange. I find the same beautiful pearl finish in these shadows as I did with Magical. The finish isn't your standard frosty/shimmery shadow.. it makes your eyelids seem very dewey/glowy with "wet" look that really brightens and draws attention to your lids.

Since I bought this palette, I also purchased Delightful.. At this rate, I'm going to end up collecting them all! I used to not be the biggest fan of Tarina Tarantino makeup products however she did a really great job revamping her line. For $32 a quint, I could always opt to pay a few bucks more for something high end but I find these shadows all to be beautiful and have yet to be disappointed that I don't really think twice to purchase one.

The colors are all really pigmented, soft to the touch, easy to blend with little fall out. Even the glittery deep brown in Dreamy has minimal fallout.. and if used wet, the glitter is prominent but not on your cheeks. I've used a primer with these and have had no issues of creasing during the day or during crazy nights.

P.S. because these shadows are soft, I suggest not shuffling them around too much. I had Dream tossed around in a Sephora bag for a while before I decided to use it and I chipped a bit of one shadow due to my carelessness.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow formula is seriously underrated; it's soft, buttery, and pigmented. I really love the colors in the Dreamy palette, especially the coppery one, and I think it's great for warm neutrals. I also recommend her other Jewel Eyeshadow Palettes, especially in Wonderful (green and brown earth tones) and Fantastical (creams to purples).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really have to learn how to upload photos but I'm so old school I don't even know how our new camera works. But if you saw a photo of this palette, you'd do what I did and run right out and buy it and then use it every day. You can see great photos and swatches at Temptalia.com. I'd never even really "registered" the existence of this brand of cosmetics before seeing this palette featured at Temptalia and then I bought it the next day and plan to go back for more from this line.

Dreamy consists of 5 fabulous shadows in the brown/copper/neutral family. I'm not a big fan of copper but even I can wear and do wear the one in this palette. The 2 brown shades (one very dark, along the lines of Nars Coconut Grove but with glitter and the other a lighter dark brown with a fabulous satiny sheen) are so wearable and gorgeous and the 2 light shades (one similar to MAC Dazzlelight and the other a peach-tinged beige) are all fantastically pigmented, apply like a total dream and blend perfectly. The shades all so well co-ordinated to work together beautifully and effortlessly - you can not put these together "wrong". The packaging is first rate - a sturdy, solid compact that has a fair bit of "heft" and a good sized mirror.

I always thought Tarina Tarantino was a bit of an "out there" line with unwearable colours and very over-the-top looks but this palette has convinced me otherwise. Do consider checking this palette (and a few of her others in different colour "families" - a green one, a grey one, a purple one, etc.) if you are looking for a great quality product and a terrific end result.