December 19, 2014 | 1070 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This spray really does create lovely beach waves. It also adds a nice shine and softens my hair. You have to be careful to hold the spray at least 6 inches away though. If you hold it too close then it won't distribute properly. The smell takes some getting used to. But overall, it's a pretty good product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this, but it did absolutely nothing for me.

I have very thick, long hair that is naturally wavy in some sections but mostly straight. I sptritzed this on towel-dried/damp hair and was dumbfounded when my hair dried straighter than usual, as opposed to wavey like the product promised. I also tried this on second-day dry hair and it did nothing other than make my ends sticky and somewhat crunchy.

I didn't find the smell very appealing either. It's a very artificial, chemically coconut that isn't very pleasant.

Maybe this would work on thinner hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I bought this obviously to use as a spray to create waves in my hair to get that sexy beachy look. Not thrilled with the way it works for that but what I do love is that it gives my hair texture. I use it before I curl my hair and that makes my curls last. Typically, when I curl my thick, coarse hair, the side I curled is already flat before I finish curling the other side. With this, my curls will last before I wash my hair again. For that purpose alone, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by rayeraye20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Idk what everyone's bad reviews are about I love it made my hair nice a wavy!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

Hmmmmm - I think my expectations of this product (and anything that can possibly make a wave) were too high. It is partly my hair and my lack of skill (braiding, twisting, bun - nothing worked) in trying to get my stick straight hair to wave so maybe if you have the right hair this would help? What this does do is give my fine, thin hair grip (texture) and volume. It does have a bit of a dulling effect and I always use this with a leave in conditioner to combat dryness. So I will not buy this again as I was looking for something to get a wave going and I have other products that provide volume and texture without the coconut smell (though that does seem to go away quickly). I am guessing for my type of hair I need a heating style tool to get some wave so this just can't do the job by itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by sonyale17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have naturally slightly straight/wavy hair, I bought this today and thought it would be good to enhance my natural waves. It absolutely sucks. I've tried it with my hair dry and my hair damp and it doesn't nothing. Thank god I bought the travel size. It leaves your hair sticky and very messy almost as if you teases your hair. Your hair does not look smooth at all, it looks as if there was paint dumped in your hair or you've been spraying hairspray in your hair every hour, it makes your hair look crispy and when you touch your hair it feels disgusting, this was by far the worst hair product I've spent my money on and I normally love the not your mothers brand. This was horrible, absolutely sticky, did nothing to my hair, and left it dry and crisp. The only thing good about this product is that it smells somewhat decent, but after like 5 minutes the smell makes you sick. It's a very strong sweet coconut smell

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Shortstuffxo

I really wanted to try this, so I bought it at 5 Below for a cheap price. I tried it on my hair (dry & wet) and it did not do ANYTHING except make my hair all sticky. My hair is naturally straight so I think that had to do with it not working.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by shelbymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking it would be great for days when I don't feel like doing my hair. My hair has some natural wave and I wanted something that would enhance them. I've tried spraying this in with both damp and dry hair and I get the same results every time. Dry, sticky, and frizzy hair that looks like I rolled out of bed and didn't brush my hair. Although this smells amazing, I'd never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff so much that I bought a second travel-sized bottle just to keep in my purse.
Years ago, John Frieda had this amazing sea salt spray called Beach Blonde. And I loved it. And then the worst happened. They discontinued it. I searched and searched to no avail. It was gone.
A few companies came out with sprays over the years, but none of them held a candle to Beach Blonde. Until Not Your Mother's came along and absolutely blew the competition (and in some ways, my beloved Beach Blonde) out of the salt water!
First off, this stuff smells A-MAZE-ING. It's like a beach in a bottle. I know that's sort of the idea and all, but it's really incredible.
Second, the performance of this product is stellar. It is by far the best texturizing spray I've ever used. When I had long hair, it was sad, limp, and fine and nothing would give it volume. Except this stuff. My hair was wavy, bouncy, and perfectly mattified (I prefer a matte look to a lot of shine).
Now that my hair is short, I use this to create the perfect chunky pixie look. It's perfect in that capacity, as my hair is still very thin and gets weighed down by most styling products.
When I use this, my hair feels thick and stays in place rather than flopping about like some kind of Robert-Redford-circa-All-The-President's-Men-era business. No 70's flop here.
The packaging of the full-sized bottle is great, and you get quite a lot. The mist is fine and deposits the product easily, rather than delivering it in a blasting stream. Two presses of the nozzle and my whole head is coated. Then I just run my fingers through my hair and start shaping.
The travel-sized bottle is a typical spray pump, but like its larger counterpart, it delivers a perfect, fine mist.
The larger bottle was cheap. I think it was $5USD and change. Which is amazing.
I'll repurchase over and over. If they discontinue this gem, I'll be heartbroken.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by babydollnot4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this when my naturally curly hair was much longer. I would shampoo and conditioner as usual, get out and towel dry my hair, then spray this product along with a Garnier wave spray in my hair. I would also use a creamy leave in condition and let my hair air dry. The result was pretty amazing...I had perfect loose beachy waves and only had to touch up a few random pieces that had gone haywire. After a surprise stacked bob job that a hairstylist gave me, I can no longer let my hair go curly, so I haven't used this product lately. I cannot wait until my hair gets longer and I can go back to my beachy waves!