Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

3.5

It smells amazing, BUT it makes my naturally wavy hair crunchy. It helps a little with re-waving my hair on day old hair, but water and scrunching works just as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally LOVE this product. This really gives my hair a little extra wave (my hair is naturally wavy already). Also this is a great alternative to hair spray because it gives my hair more of a beachy and curly look. If you are like me and CAN NOT seem to get up early enough but love to have curls then just curl your hair at night and this keeps them almost perfectly intact.

P.S-
It smells wonderful

on 4/9/2015 9:10:00 AM

I've used this on my hair (naturally wavy) and my daughter's (fine, straight and resistant to curling)multiple times. It does give waves and the results last until you wash your hair. It is very drying though. It makes your hair crunchy if you spray on wet hair and let air dry. If you spray on damp or dry hair you get less crunchy waves. It smells sort of beachy. Not coconutty, more like the sea. I would not recommend using this daily because it is so drying. Get your deep conditioner out because you'll need a plan to recover some moisture back into the ends of your hair. I've purchased this product 3-4 times because I do like the results, especially in the summer when I want a simple wash, spray this stuff and go hairstyle.

on 4/1/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this spray, is a really easy way to get curls rapidly done, wet or dry hair. best for second or third hairday. its so amazig that i forgive the smell (kind a dead sea kelp) lol.
i believe the not your mother´s is a pricey brand with some not so good products

I have mixed feelings about this product. I love the way it makes my hair look, it makes my natural waves curl more. However, I hate the way it makes my hair feel, but I guess that should be expected since you are basically spraying salt in your hair. All in all, I can deal with the gross feeling for the pretty beachy curls it gives me.

I stumbled upon this and bought because of the packaging. It intrigued me. I absolutely love this stuff. I use it along with plump for joy. I spray the the plump for joy on damp hair. Than I start to blow dry my hair. When my hair is about 80% dry, I add the sea salt spray and finishing drying with a round brush. Lot's of waves. I also use this alone and it gives my hair lift and texture. I have thin hair. This helps with volume.

on 12/18/2014 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This spray really does create lovely beach waves. It also adds a nice shine and softens my hair. You have to be careful to hold the spray at least 6 inches away though. If you hold it too close then it won't distribute properly. The smell takes some getting used to. But overall, it's a pretty good product.

on 11/26/2014 7:55:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, but it did absolutely nothing for me.

I have very thick, long hair that is naturally wavy in some sections but mostly straight. I sptritzed this on towel-dried/damp hair and was dumbfounded when my hair dried straighter than usual, as opposed to wavey like the product promised. I also tried this on second-day dry hair and it did nothing other than make my ends sticky and somewhat crunchy.

I didn't find the smell very appealing either. It's a very artificial, chemically coconut that isn't very pleasant.

Maybe this would work on thinner hair.

on 10/14/2014 3:07:00 AM

I bought this obviously to use as a spray to create waves in my hair to get that sexy beachy look. Not thrilled with the way it works for that but what I do love is that it gives my hair texture. I use it before I curl my hair and that makes my curls last. Typically, when I curl my thick, coarse hair, the side I curled is already flat before I finish curling the other side. With this, my curls will last before I wash my hair again. For that purpose alone, I would repurchase.

on 10/12/2014 10:10:00 PM

Idk what everyone's bad reviews are about I love it made my hair nice a wavy!