Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color

2.7

Do not buy this! I bought it the shade B4 and it actually made my medium brown hair darker.

on 5/4/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Did not make my a hair light yellow blonde as promised but it did make it a dark blonde it was dark brown... without bleach or much brass. I am quite happy with it and i didnt have to fork out a whole bunch like at the hair dresseres.. and it has no powdery bleach!

on 12/31/2014 6:25:00 PM

this was one of the worst at home dyes that I have ever used!!!!! It says if you're hair is dark brown it will be dyed blonde....well that didnt happen..i will never buy this again

on 9/26/2014 10:16:00 PM

I purchased this in Cool Brown B1 ("Ultra Lightening Browns for Darker Hair").

I wanted very subtle highlights and was hoping to find an at-home hair color that would not look brassy or orange on my very dark brown hair, which has a lot of red undertones. I hadn't colored my hair for many years, but I found it fairly easy to use.

I applied it to tiny sections (10-20 strands) at a time with the edge of a brush, concentrating on the ends, and diffusing it with my (gloved) fingers upward until it got 1-3" away from my scalp (diy balayage if you will). The result was subtle highlights that added dimension, and no roots (it was completely unnoticeable as it grew out). The color result was a nuetral chocolate tone with a hint of gold and red (pretty close to the box color). It was only a shade or two lighter than my natural color, which is exactly what I wanted.

on 8/13/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I just tried my second box of LB3, Ultra Light Beige Blonde. Yes, my color outcome was not like the picture on the box...it never will be. However I went from a Level 7 (my natural blonde roots) to a Level 10 from a boxed dye (the rest of my hair was about a 9). I am impressed.

I wanted to go lighter, so I researched this brand/color and tried it about 5 weeks ago. I followed the directions and my hair was light, bright and without any brassiness (I used Ardell UnRed of course as well). Got my second box and did the same, and the results are amazing for a boxed dye. One issue is it obviously causes a bit of dryness afterward, more so than other boxed dyes (obviously), so I deep condition right after with something other than what is in the box. Color lasted as well, didn't fade at all until the 5 week mark. No breakage either.

I will buy this again anytime I want this really light, beige blonde hair. It's easy and it works for me.

on 3/17/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm very upset with my results. I used one of the brown shades and ended up with blonde roots and the rest is still black. I haven't dyed my hair in six months. I've used the reds before, much sooner after other dye jobs, and I liked those. However, this time it didn't turn out at all.

on 11/24/2013 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

No this did not work for me! I have light brown/dark blonde hair and wanted to go lighter. I picked up LB3 light blonde. This lifted my color slightly, but nowhere near what is described or shown on the box. I now have a caramel color which isn't horrendous but I am not happy and will be seeking out a professional colorist like I should have done in the first place! I knew it was a gamble when I picked it up, so shame on me. If this didn't work for me, and my hair was not dark at all, I fear for those who try this who have darker hair. Learn from my mistake and steer clear!

on 7/16/2013 9:08:00 AM

I had the same results as some others. My hair is dark brown and I used Medium Intense Red. I ended up with extremely red roots and the rest of my hair is still dark brown. The color comes off on the towel everytime I shampoo my hair, and yet never seems to rinse completely out of my hair. I would never use this product again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I loved this product. I used the LB3 bleach free lightening kit for dark hair. The process was easy and the result was better than I expected. My hair was a medium brown color before and now it is way blonder. I liked this product because it was safe, user friendly, and the color was believable and natural looking. My hair came out softer, lighter, and with no damage! I loved everything about this product. I would use it again in a heart beat.

on 4/16/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My experience may be much better than other reviewers because I used the LB3 Ultra Light Beige Blonde, not one of the darker colors previously reviewed. My hair is mostly gray on the top and some on the sides but mostly med/dark brown all across the back. This really did lift the dark part a lot more than the regular Nutrisse Cream Color I had been using (#100 Chamomile) and imparted adequate toning on the gray areas. The result was outstanding for me...shiny, multi-toned beige blonde with no brass. I did not find the odor strong and had no scalp irritation.
The packaging claim of "bleach-free lightening technology" is a hoot because what they mean is this product is designed to not require pre-lightening. It is impossible to lighten hair up to 4 levels without bleach. :) I was happy with the texture and shine but I will update when I see how well the color holds up to time. UPDATE: Color holds averagely well and I continue to like the product.

Popular Hair Color Products