December 19, 2014 | 1488 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Ultra Color

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I purchased this in Cool Brown B1 ("Ultra Lightening Browns for Darker Hair").

I wanted very subtle highlights and was hoping to find an at-home hair color that would not look brassy or orange on my very dark brown hair, which has a lot of red undertones. I hadn't colored my hair for many years, but I found it fairly easy to use.

I applied it to tiny sections (10-20 strands) at a time with the edge of a brush, concentrating on the ends, and diffusing it with my (gloved) fingers upward until it got 1-3" away from my scalp (diy balayage if you will). The result was subtle highlights that added dimension, and no roots (it was completely unnoticeable as it grew out). The color result was a nuetral chocolate tone with a hint of gold and red (pretty close to the box color). It was only a shade or two lighter than my natural color, which is exactly what I wanted.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just tried my second box of LB3, Ultra Light Beige Blonde. Yes, my color outcome was not like the picture on the box...it never will be. However I went from a Level 7 (my natural blonde roots) to a Level 10 from a boxed dye (the rest of my hair was about a 9). I am impressed.

I wanted to go lighter, so I researched this brand/color and tried it about 5 weeks ago. I followed the directions and my hair was light, bright and without any brassiness (I used Ardell UnRed of course as well). Got my second box and did the same, and the results are amazing for a boxed dye. One issue is it obviously causes a bit of dryness afterward, more so than other boxed dyes (obviously), so I deep condition right after with something other than what is in the box. Color lasted as well, didn't fade at all until the 5 week mark. No breakage either.

I will buy this again anytime I want this really light, beige blonde hair. It's easy and it works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by nudgette

I'm very upset with my results. I used one of the brown shades and ended up with blonde roots and the rest is still black. I haven't dyed my hair in six months. I've used the reds before, much sooner after other dye jobs, and I liked those. However, this time it didn't turn out at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

No this did not work for me! I have light brown/dark blonde hair and wanted to go lighter. I picked up LB3 light blonde. This lifted my color slightly, but nowhere near what is described or shown on the box. I now have a caramel color which isn't horrendous but I am not happy and will be seeking out a professional colorist like I should have done in the first place! I knew it was a gamble when I picked it up, so shame on me. If this didn't work for me, and my hair was not dark at all, I fear for those who try this who have darker hair. Learn from my mistake and steer clear!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by brendar1955

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the same results as some others. My hair is dark brown and I used Medium Intense Red. I ended up with extremely red roots and the rest of my hair is still dark brown. The color comes off on the towel everytime I shampoo my hair, and yet never seems to rinse completely out of my hair. I would never use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tanyabrowning7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product. I used the LB3 bleach free lightening kit for dark hair. The process was easy and the result was better than I expected. My hair was a medium brown color before and now it is way blonder. I liked this product because it was safe, user friendly, and the color was believable and natural looking. My hair came out softer, lighter, and with no damage! I loved everything about this product. I would use it again in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

My experience may be much better than other reviewers because I used the LB3 Ultra Light Beige Blonde, not one of the darker colors previously reviewed. My hair is mostly gray on the top and some on the sides but mostly med/dark brown all across the back. This really did lift the dark part a lot more than the regular Nutrisse Cream Color I had been using (#100 Chamomile) and imparted adequate toning on the gray areas. The result was outstanding for me...shiny, multi-toned beige blonde with no brass. I did not find the odor strong and had no scalp irritation.
The packaging claim of "bleach-free lightening technology" is a hoot because what they mean is this product is designed to not require pre-lightening. It is impossible to lighten hair up to 4 levels without bleach. :) I was happy with the texture and shine but I will update when I see how well the color holds up to time. UPDATE: Color holds averagely well and I continue to like the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lkim96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell wasn't too strong, I liked the package but after I had rinsed out my hair and blow dried it, I found out that my hair color was still the same color as before, black. ( According to the package, I was supposed to get a red brown color) 9 The reason I bought this was because it said on the product, ultra color which I thought would work well on dark hair colors(also said it on the package) Compared to the results I got, the price of the product is ridiculous. Honestly, I would like for this to be pulled off the market for any more buyers who could be tricked in to this product. Overall, I am really mad that I spent my money on a product that just doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this in Iced Chestnut 4.15. I love the colour (and shine) when it goes on but the downside is the quick fade after several washes. The colour is rich and dark with a slight chestnut - but subtle - no major red-throwing going on, here. I don't think the colour is any more 'wow' than the standard Nutrisse colours, though. The smell isn't too overpowering and it processes quickly in my dry hair. I love it, I just wish it lasted longer!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by GinaColor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried the new tone enhancing BL26 Reflective Auburn Black which boasts 100% gray coverage and reflective blacks with visible tones.

Well my roots are red and my dark black hair looks the same.

My towels are stained so I have been trying to limit it to one ruined white towel.

After 4 washings sinced I colored 6 days ago, the color is still coming off as if I rinsed it just after coloring.

Taking a bath is gruesome as it looks like I bled in the water.

I work outside and any perspiration sends rivulets of dye to dry on my face, neck, chest, and my clothes!!
Most horrible experience I have ever had. Will go back to L'oreal and never use Garnier Nutrisse again.