April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Ultra Color

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by nudgette

I'm very upset with my results. I used one of the brown shades and ended up with blonde roots and the rest is still black. I haven't dyed my hair in six months. I've used the reds before, much sooner after other dye jobs, and I liked those. However, this time it didn't turn out at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

No this did not work for me! I have light brown/dark blonde hair and wanted to go lighter. I picked up LB3 light blonde. This lifted my color slightly, but nowhere near what is described or shown on the box. I now have a caramel color which isn't horrendous but I am not happy and will be seeking out a professional colorist like I should have done in the first place! I knew it was a gamble when I picked it up, so shame on me. If this didn't work for me, and my hair was not dark at all, I fear for those who try this who have darker hair. Learn from my mistake and steer clear!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by brendar1955

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had the same results as some others. My hair is dark brown and I used Medium Intense Red. I ended up with extremely red roots and the rest of my hair is still dark brown. The color comes off on the towel everytime I shampoo my hair, and yet never seems to rinse completely out of my hair. I would never use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tanyabrowning7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product. I used the LB3 bleach free lightening kit for dark hair. The process was easy and the result was better than I expected. My hair was a medium brown color before and now it is way blonder. I liked this product because it was safe, user friendly, and the color was believable and natural looking. My hair came out softer, lighter, and with no damage! I loved everything about this product. I would use it again in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

My experience may be much better than other reviewers because I used the LB3 Ultra Light Beige Blonde, not one of the darker colors previously reviewed. My hair is mostly gray on the top and some on the sides but mostly med/dark brown all across the back. This really did lift the dark part a lot more than the regular Nutrisse Cream Color I had been using (#100 Chamomile) and imparted adequate toning on the gray areas. The result was outstanding for me...shiny, multi-toned beige blonde with no brass. I did not find the odor strong and had no scalp irritation.
The packaging claim of "bleach-free lightening technology" is a hoot because what they mean is this product is designed to not require pre-lightening. It is impossible to lighten hair up to 4 levels without bleach. :) I was happy with the texture and shine but I will update when I see how well the color holds up to time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lkim96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell wasn't too strong, I liked the package but after I had rinsed out my hair and blow dried it, I found out that my hair color was still the same color as before, black. ( According to the package, I was supposed to get a red brown color) 9 The reason I bought this was because it said on the product, ultra color which I thought would work well on dark hair colors(also said it on the package) Compared to the results I got, the price of the product is ridiculous. Honestly, I would like for this to be pulled off the market for any more buyers who could be tricked in to this product. Overall, I am really mad that I spent my money on a product that just doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this in Iced Chestnut 4.15. I love the colour (and shine) when it goes on but the downside is the quick fade after several washes. The colour is rich and dark with a slight chestnut - but subtle - no major red-throwing going on, here. I don't think the colour is any more 'wow' than the standard Nutrisse colours, though. The smell isn't too overpowering and it processes quickly in my dry hair. I love it, I just wish it lasted longer!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by GinaColor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried the new tone enhancing BL26 Reflective Auburn Black which boasts 100% gray coverage and reflective blacks with visible tones.

Well my roots are red and my dark black hair looks the same.

My towels are stained so I have been trying to limit it to one ruined white towel.

After 4 washings sinced I colored 6 days ago, the color is still coming off as if I rinsed it just after coloring.

Taking a bath is gruesome as it looks like I bled in the water.

I work outside and any perspiration sends rivulets of dye to dry on my face, neck, chest, and my clothes!!
Most horrible experience I have ever had. Will go back to L'oreal and never use Garnier Nutrisse again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by starbabii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this brand in 6.60 fiery red. i had brown hair before and i always had my hair dyed at a salon but i only had it dyed with hints of red so i wanted to be brave and do the whole thing completely red.

It was easy enough to apply because my mum did it for me. The smell was really bad for me and i had to breathe through a towel. The smell was still there after i finished dying and dried my hair aswell.

The colour turned out a bout orangey at the roots where my previous roots had shown but after a few washes it was all pretty much the same colour and was a really pretty red. The red didnt look tacky like you see in some cases it was really nice. The dye left my scalp in a worse condition so i will be sticking to semi-permanent dyes from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Extacey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in Golden Brown/Cafe con Leche. This is meant to lighten dark hair by up to three shades without the use of bleach. I believe the lightening ingredient in this is peroxide.

I am 18 years old and have relaxed bi-racial hair a bit past my shoulders. 2 years ago, my hair was dyed black permanently, but most of it grew out so that only the ends still have black dye on them. I must be crazy using a permanent dye on my hair at this point, but I really wanted to go lighter.

I took this to my hair stylist and though she was hesitant, she used it. It comes in a nozzle bottle with developer that you need to add. The smell is STRONG. They try hard to make it smell good, but it smells like a mix of sharpie and fruit.

2 weeks before this, I had gotten a relaxer and my scalp was sensitive. So it did sting. This is my fault, not the fault of the product. But as a warning, you may want to wait longer than two weeks after a relaxer or any other chemical hair treatment.

I did not expect this to take to the black ends of my hair and it didn't. It's only meant to lighten naturally dark hair, just warning you. This colored my hair in sort of a gradient. The roots are very light, almost blonde, and the color fades into light brown, brown, then black. I liked the end result, but it wasn't at all what I WANTED it to be. A lot of people have said that this product colors their roots A LOT, and then barely colors the rest of their hair. This really did stick to my roots, but the color gradually faded out onto my hair. Meaning, it didn't just color my roots an odd color and leave the rest completely brown. It just faded out gradually from my roots.

The color wasn't brassy or orange, it was pretty golden brown/blonde. If you REALLY want to use this, then you need to not let this concentrate so much on your roots if you want an even color.

As for breakage and dryness on my relaxed hair, my hair is absolutely fine so far. It's not dry and it hasn't been breaking. I will update this if any changes occur.