Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color

on 6/17/2015 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used the LB1 shade on my very dark brown, near black hair. I ended up with a light brown/golden-y orange type color, I'm not sure how to describe it but I really like the color. There were some pretty blonde bits at the top of my head too, but most of it was this orange-golden brown color that was really flattering. Obviously, it's not going to come out light blonde as on the box because there's no bleach, but the results were still great! The ends and bottom of my hair were darker than the top, so I might redo them but the difference is hardly noticeable. I only used one box on waist length hair, and it just barely covered it. I think if I had used two boxes I would have had enough to completely lighten the ends and make it totally even. My hair feels very healthy though, it's soft and virtually undamaged.

on 5/24/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So, I'm actually surprised by how pleased I am with this product. I purchased the LB2 shade to bump up my level 4 brown hair in the fringe I am currently growing out to help reduce the contrast between my natural shade and the balayage blonde highlights I recently got as my colorist didn't place any highlights in that area.
I was really nervous about the DIY scenario but I used it to place a few additional blonde pieces in my bangs. I tried a few times (very carefully), which I'm sure is not recommended but I didn't want to take the risk of the dye lifting my hair too much and not matching the rest of my hair. In the end when I left it on for the recommended 30 minutes, what I got were some subtle but noticeable highlights that match the rest of my hair really well!
My hair still feels pretty healthy despite the fact that I did it about four times. It does pull pretty warm but my hair always does that so I'm not counting that against the product. All in all, I'm glad I tried it out.

Do not buy this! I bought it the shade B4 and it actually made my medium brown hair darker.

on 5/4/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I like this in the very dark black color. The price is good and the color is intense. However it kind of stained my scalp.

on 12/31/2014 6:25:00 PM

this was one of the worst at home dyes that I have ever used!!!!! It says if you're hair is dark brown it will be dyed blonde....well that didnt happen..i will never buy this again

on 9/26/2014 10:16:00 PM

I purchased this in Cool Brown B1 ("Ultra Lightening Browns for Darker Hair").

I wanted very subtle highlights and was hoping to find an at-home hair color that would not look brassy or orange on my very dark brown hair, which has a lot of red undertones. I hadn't colored my hair for many years, but I found it fairly easy to use.

I applied it to tiny sections (10-20 strands) at a time with the edge of a brush, concentrating on the ends, and diffusing it with my (gloved) fingers upward until it got 1-3" away from my scalp (diy balayage if you will). The result was subtle highlights that added dimension, and no roots (it was completely unnoticeable as it grew out). The color result was a nuetral chocolate tone with a hint of gold and red (pretty close to the box color). It was only a shade or two lighter than my natural color, which is exactly what I wanted.

on 8/13/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I just tried my second box of LB3, Ultra Light Beige Blonde. Yes, my color outcome was not like the picture on the never will be. However I went from a Level 7 (my natural blonde roots) to a Level 10 from a boxed dye (the rest of my hair was about a 9). I am impressed.

I wanted to go lighter, so I researched this brand/color and tried it about 5 weeks ago. I followed the directions and my hair was light, bright and without any brassiness (I used Ardell UnRed of course as well). Got my second box and did the same, and the results are amazing for a boxed dye. One issue is it obviously causes a bit of dryness afterward, more so than other boxed dyes (obviously), so I deep condition right after with something other than what is in the box. Color lasted as well, didn't fade at all until the 5 week mark. No breakage either.

I will buy this again anytime I want this really light, beige blonde hair. It's easy and it works for me.

on 3/17/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm very upset with my results. I used one of the brown shades and ended up with blonde roots and the rest is still black. I haven't dyed my hair in six months. I've used the reds before, much sooner after other dye jobs, and I liked those. However, this time it didn't turn out at all.

on 11/24/2013 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

No this did not work for me! I have light brown/dark blonde hair and wanted to go lighter. I picked up LB3 light blonde. This lifted my color slightly, but nowhere near what is described or shown on the box. I now have a caramel color which isn't horrendous but I am not happy and will be seeking out a professional colorist like I should have done in the first place! I knew it was a gamble when I picked it up, so shame on me. If this didn't work for me, and my hair was not dark at all, I fear for those who try this who have darker hair. Learn from my mistake and steer clear!

on 7/16/2013 9:08:00 AM

I had the same results as some others. My hair is dark brown and I used Medium Intense Red. I ended up with extremely red roots and the rest of my hair is still dark brown. The color comes off on the towel everytime I shampoo my hair, and yet never seems to rinse completely out of my hair. I would never use this product again.