September 30, 2014 | 1389 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Oreal - EverCreme Deep Nourishing Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by samanthaweldon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing product. My hair has always been dry and brittle. The only time it ever looks good is when I freshly wash and blowdry it. If I don't wash my hair for a few days it becomes so knotty and stringy, almost like bad extensions. I've been growing my hair out for 3 years so it is very long, but desperately in need of some TLC. This was on sale at my local drugstore for $5, if I hadn't of noticed the sale I probably would have never thought to buy this. First time I used it my hair felt absolutely amazing, the best it's looked in years. I went back to my local drugstore and bought 2 more. I am so happy I tried this product, my hair looks and feels so much softer and healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by germaican88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

For the past few years, I've only been using products that rated "green" on EWG's Skin Deep site but the quality of my hair had decreased significantly (felt rough, positively exploded in even the slightest humidity). So I decided to look for something that rated in EWG's "yellow" range and after reading the reviews here, I purchased this hair mask (and L'Oreal EverStyle Sleek & Shine Creme, which I wrote a review for as well).

I was worried that my hair was damaged beyond repair so I was shocked by how much of a difference it made after just one use. I thought the recommended leave-on time (3-5 minutes) wouldn't be enough but it was way more than enough. The slip and softness was unreal; so unreal that I felt the need to spend more time on rinsing because the effect was so intense. However, I've noticed that if I rinse too well, the after-effects (softness, airiness) are less apparent, so I try to resist going overboard.

The smell is light but borders on obnoxiously artificial (perhaps because I'm so used to all-natural products) but that's my only negative. I thought my hair held its style better, and was better at resisting humidity. My ends still puff up a bit but they're prone to tangling, so I don't fault the masque for that. And a tip: resist the temptation to use this with every wash or else you'll notice that the effects seem less amazing.

I'm no expert in hair care products but I was very impressed with this (especially the fact that it's vegan; no animal ingredients or testing). I highly recommend this as an addition to your hair care collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love.This.Product. Like many of the other reviewers, I'm sooo impressed with the results of this product. I like the smell (pleasant, but not overly strong), and the packaging is very simple (though I agree, a tube would make using it in the shower a little easier). It's the actual product that gets high high marks from me. I have thick, curly, hair that requires a lot of moisture and this makes my hair perfectly smooth and soft. I apply it in the shower and leave it in my hair for at least 10 mins. Other times, I apply it and wrap my hair in a shower cap and towel and deep condition for at least an hour before rinsing. Either way, it works. Also the price is great - when it's on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart, I stock up. Highly recommend - you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kitaguilar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i totally love this product, i didnt have many high spectations, but i was shocked, and still am, i've been using it for a month and my hair is smooth and less frizzy.

When i was younger i used to have a very straight hair, and now i have it wavy, I'm starting to think that this product is making it straigh again.

I dont apply it under the shower. I put my fingers in the bottle, and then i apply.. I leave it for 10-15 mins, then i go to the shower again and rinse it off until is clean and smooth, sometimes it takes a lot of time to take all off, so i don't and use it like a protector from my hair dryer.

The performance is progressive, i use it every 5 days, so everytime i use it, my hair looks better and better, but the time in my state has been warm with a lot of humidity, so the performance has being decreasing :( just a little.

I totally recomend it, and i will repurchase.

The bottle i think is going to last like 2 months and a half. I buy it for $100 mxn pesos / more less $7 usd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using the whole EverCreme line for about a year now, the Intense Conditioner and Shampoo as well as the leave-in spray and this mask. I like all of the products. They perform well leaving my hair soft without weighing it down or a waxy/greasy residue. I usually leave the mask on for about 10 minutes under a plastic shower cap, then rinse well. Like the other EverCreme products, the mask has a warm vanilla scent that I like, it lingers in my hair for a day, and it is not so strong that it could interfere with any perfumes that I choose to wear. Comes in a simple tub with crew top, minimal design and not as bulky as some other brands. I like switching up hair products because they seem to work best for me that way, so I have a number of different products in rotation, and I will definitely repurchase this mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by dianeba515

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this conditioner, but haven't been able to find it for months. Has it been discontinued, or are they just unable to keep it in stock?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this yet. I have been using this on and off for a year. It is very moisturizing and makes my hair unbelievably soft without too much frizz. It has a thick but creamy consistency and smells nice without being too heavy. I leave it in my hair for a couple of minutes and then I rinse it out. It rinses clean and doesn't leave a waxy feel to my hair. I wish this came in a tube to make it easier to use in the shower but I can manage. Will repurchase since it is also good to get when I am on a budget.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

Beginning on a positive note, this little mask outperformed several masks that I own that cost 3x as much. I have long hesitated to try anything in the EverCreme line for two reasons: I had a bad experience with the Everpure Volume line (dried my hair beyond belief) and because I sniffed the shampoos and conditioners in this line and HATE the fragrance. I didn't think that I could get past the scent to give it a try. But I have been searching for a really good mask for a really long time, and this one got such positive feedback on MUA. Someone also reported that the product was 'cone free, but I was disappointed to find out it's not (see ingredient list below, it's near the top). The L'oreal site reports that the product is vegan. But I was also disappointed to find that rubbing alcohol was at the top of the ingredient list (some alcohols are moisturizing; isopropyl is not...it's the same as the stuff I get at Walgreens for sanitizing tweezers and cuts and such). The mask itself worked quite well, and I actually only had the time to leave it on for under 5 minutes (no heat, no shower cap either). My hair was very moisturized, very tangle-free, and shinier than usual. I STILL do hate the fragrance; it's very, very strong and "old lady" perfumy. I would prefer if a fragrance is strong, that it at least smells like something natural (mint, rosemary, apples, whatever). I try to always buy cruelty-free products as well, and I'm pretty sure L'oreal haircare is not. So between the 'cone content, the alcohol, and the fragrance, I will not re-purchase & will continue to search for a deep conditioning mask. I gave it the rating that I did, because it did perform in all fairness, and if you don't mind 'cones, the scent, and aren't a cruelty-free die-hard person, you will probably really enjoy this mask.

**UPDATE**: Yesterday I purchased the L'oreal EverSleek mask in the (orange) tub. The fragrance is much better, much lighter. But the performance, IMO, was not quite as stellar. My hair was not quite as silky and it was slightly more tangly with the EverSleek product. That's really too bad, because I just can't bring myself to use the EverCreme again due to the awful fragrance! I am going to pick up the deep conditioner in the tub from Mixed Chicks and hope for the best. Their shampoo is amazing and smells great.
AQUA / WATER / EAU • CETEARYL ALCOHOL • AMODIMETHICONE • BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE • CETYL ESTERS • GLYCERIN • ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • TRIDECETH-6 • PHENOXYETHANOL • CAMELINA SATIVA OIL / CAMELINA SATIVA SEED OIL • PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL / APRICOT KERNEL OIL • VITIS VINIFERA SEED OIL / GRAPE SEED OIL • CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE • CHLORHEXIDINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE • HEXYL CINNAMAL • LINALOOL • CITRIC ACID • CARAMEL • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This hair mask is absolutely amazing! I have pretty damaged, colour-treated hair so it's quite brittle and dry (and frizzy). The smell is amazing - something like vanilla and coconut to me. Unlike some hair masks, it makes your hair feel amazing even after you get out of the shower. It gives long lasting result instead of making your hair feel soft for an hour.

I love the fact that it says it doesn't contain heavy waxes and it's sulfate free (which is great for my colour-treated hair). It is a bit messy to scoop the product out of the tub but I'm pretty sure all hair masks come in this type of packaging. All in all, a really great hair mask to moisturize and soften dry hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by alimichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went out and bought this treatment after reading positive reviews on MA. One word.. WOW!
I have used expensive treatments such as Kerastase and this was on par if not better than anything i had used previously. I have looked a long time to find a treated that isn't full to the brim of protein as they can make my way / curly hair crunchy on the ends. I have quite thin hair but this didn't weigh it down or flatten it all. It just added pure moisture and softness :) I couldn't stop touching my hair for the next 2 days! I want to go out and stock up on this product just in case they ever decide to discontinue it.