September 23, 2014 | 1850 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Damage

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by blue_butterfly87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lipstick looked great on me in Sephora, but awful once I was out in daylight again. This is a sheer purple with the texture and color payoff of a lip balm. Not really what I was looking for. If I'm paying $26 for a lipstick, I want to look like I've been shot in the mouth with a paintball gun. I feel like there is nothing "unique" about this lipstick. Like I could go to the drug store and find a lip balm that does the same job. I returned it for one of the Velvet Matte pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by sexyrishey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this shade of pink. Very nice as I have a combination of medium olive skin. It suits me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect MLBB color for me. It looks darker in the tube than on, but it can be built up to be a dark plum berry color. With one swipe it is a nice cool mauvy plum that goes with almost everything. The staying power is good, nothing amazing & it doesn't dry out my lips. I've gone through 2 of these so far and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Awesome buildable lip color that isn't drying but isnt super moisturizing either. Wear time averages about 4 hours. A very nice grape shade. I look forward to collecting more NARS lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick embodies what an everyday lipstick should be -- The shade is very natural and the texture is almost like a balm. It feels comfortable on the lips even for someone like me who has dry lips and avoids most lip products. I recommend this formula to anyone who typically hates wearing lipsticks.

Although it is a "sheer" formula, this is a well-pigmented lipstick. Damage is a great MLBB shade for me. My lips are quite pigmented and it evens everything out. Not too red and not too blue. Everytime I put this on, no matter what look I'm wearing, it just seems to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by susiej

Toll the bell, raise the flag and call off the search. I think that after many years of searching I have found a satisfactory dupe for my favourite discontinued lipstick- Stila Natalie.

It is actually so hard to find a really good dupe that matches in terms of colour, texture, formula, opacity- that doesn't have a noxious smell or awful wear time. It's easy to get a couple of things to match- tough to get all/most features the same. I've tried HE, LE and everything in between. I'd say Damage is as close as I'll probably get. I stumbled upon it when browsing Temptalia and thought- I *have* to get this- went straight to Space:NK and voila- within the hour it was mine.

NARS have really improved their lipsticks since the last time I bought (ten years ago?). I have memories of them being seriously waxy, quite dry with an inherent stink about them. The shade I had also had a serious issue with highlighting my vertical lip lines. But things appear to have improved or maybe I was just unlucky before. There is no detectable smell, the formula isn't sinking into the lines and whilst the texture is still a bit waxy, it is not dry or uncomfortable. Damage is one of the sheer lipsticks in the range- in the bullet it is a shimmerless medium-dark plum. On the lips those colours remain true but the sheerness of the product allows your natural lip colour to come through, because of this it has a pinker dimension to it on my pigmented lips. I really, *really* like it. With my colouring it is a fresh and healthy way to wear a plummy lip. I think it would suit anyone who loves these sorts of colours but feels too OTT using a cream or opaque formula. I find lasting time not half bad for a sheer product- 3 hours. Fade down is even and natural.

And of course why I also really like it is its proximity to Natalie. It isn't 100%- Natalie was a little less sheer and thus the coverage and colour was influenced less by my own lip colour. The actual formula isn't very different except that NARS is appreciably nicer than the old Stila formulations. It is like it has all the best bits without any of the bad points (the crayon smell, easily broken, poor packaging). It's too early to say if this will transpire to be HG but my hopes are high.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by cassafrass1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm obsessed with this lipstick. As a dark skinned girl, this looks like nude with a touch a pink on me, the color I've been looking for for months! I love the feel too, it doesn't dry the lips out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by s70princess

I decided to give NARS lipsticks another try recently and I am really glad I did -- I think I may have found a new favorite in NARS Damage! I first tried NARS lipsticks over a decade ago when Dolce Vita was all the rage and I recall it being a bad experience (I recall the tube I got from the NARS counter had a waxy scent, the formula was drying on my lips, and Dolce Vita shade was too reddish against my NC20/25 asian skintone). Fast forward 10-15 years later, I was searching for a muted berry lipstick shade and was really drawn to NARS Damage -- I figured hey, what the heck, let's give these lipsticks another try. Immediately, I noticed there is no scent at all (yay!), the packaging is way lighter, and it applies so much creamier on my lips than it did many years ago. Not sure if their lippies have been reformulated in the last 10 years, but whatever they did, I like!!! And the shade Damage, I just love it -- this muted berry mauve is exactly what I wanted Dolce Vita to be (I found Dolce Vita was a tad too warm and had an odd orangey tone on me). If Damage was a bit lighter, I think it would be the perfect MLBB shade for me, but as is, I love it just the same since this gives me a nice understated rosy berry pop of colour (they perfect everyday polished office-look lipstick for me). The only thing I can think of knocking off half a lippie for is that it isn't very long lasting and I have to reapply every few hours. But no biggie, all in all, I am loving everything about NARS Damage.
2013/08/15 EDIT - after wearing this lipstick for a few days, I find the formula is still a bit too drying for me. It is fine if I only wear it for a day, but when I try to wear it for a few days, my lips start to burn and peel. Something in the formula doesn't agree with me, but i still love the shade. So 4 lippies still.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by NinaFranklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been searching for a replacement for Estee Lauder's Pure Eden since they discontinued it. I've gone through lots of different options but this is the best match I have found. It's not too dark or heavy and looks very natural on me. Expensive but worth it, imho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A color I use all week, always adds color to my other lighter pink lipsticks. I layer this on top and instant berry pop, its semi sheer so perfect you cant see they are layered. On its own its a berry mauve color, definetly not MLBB on me, much darker than my own lip color. Im a NC25 light fair with dark blonde hair.

Love the finish, no taste and lightweight.

NARS could update the boring packaging!