April 17, 2014 | 925 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - 25:43

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite perfume! I hate perfumes that are so potent that the alcohol in it overpowers the fragrance. With 25:43, this is not the case. I love the lime and vanilla fragrance that slowly fades into a warm vanilla-caramelesque scent. I have gotten so many compliments on this perfume!

However, I have to say that this smells differently on each person. It works well with my body but on my mom and sister, it smells quite different! So I can see why some love it and some don't. The fragrance has a different effect on everyone which I think is quite unique.

A little goes a LONG way and it stays on for hours! I repurchase this in the travel size (.3 oz) for $15. It's a little steep in price but since I only use 1 or 2 sprays each day, it can last me well over a few months. This is the only perfume that I've ever purchased over and over again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This fragrance smells soooo good. I personally don't wear it. Actually bought it for my son (toddler) hehehe. He wears this and the "Love" fragrance. Both are equally yummy, bright and happy go lucky sents that will put you in a good mood. Basically sugared up citrus. Perfect for summer time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ohwrite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this smells amazing. I'm not good with perfume notes, but I smell a sweet floral with some woodsy, and lime at the beginning. It smells very sweet, but with a slightly not-sweet note. It's very interesting and I love it on me. Seems long-lasting. I would only spray one spray of this as you don't want to overdo.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Melavigne

I was given try on the arm when I was in LUSH store. I didnt like the original lemony scent of it but somehow find myself sniffing my arm again hours later. I compared it with Vanillary. Vanillary is more buttery vanilla and has softer end to it. 25:43 starts of lime-y and ends with sweet vanilla, burnt caramel with quite a dose of cinnamon, which explain the spicyness in it. I originally decide against this scent but somehow, i cant stop smelling myself. It is warm and i think it would be ideal for winter. Somehow, it reminds me of Hugo Boss orange minus the chemical.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by silvia0811

I love this scent, i put tried it at the store and then went ahead with my shopping at the mall, i just couldnt stop smelling my arm whre i sprayed it, it was addictive to me, i went back into lush n got it, talking to the slaes girl she asked if she could smell it on me, n told me it smells very different on her, i usually buy expensive designer fragrances, and to be honest this one is amazing and will be buying it again cz its delicious, different and cheap

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by xdopaminex

Love it- limey ultra-citrusy top note that then morphs into a meal of lemon-poppyseed glazed muffin, graham crackers, and a glass of chai tea.

It's not a very mature / refined scent or anything, but it's super fun.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by missbioniclegs

I adore Lush, I've been pretty much working my way through all their products the last year or so after rediscovering them. Trying out their perfume range was next on my list. After chatting to one of their lovely assistants I decided to try 25:43, I loved the initial smell of it in the shop and ( note: I'm not very sensible with perfume buying, if I had tried this for an hour before buying I wouldn't have wasted my money!) and went ahead and bought it.
Anyway to get straight to the point, it initially smelt very fruity and sort of musky at the same time, I really love fruity perfumes, but when I used it the next day the smell after around 30 minutes was really horrible to me and I actually made me feel a bit queasy, as another reviewer said it's as if there's something in there that doesn't mix well with the other smells going on.

I don't like to give a product from Lush a bad review as I love everything I've tried so far and I love everything they stand for regarding ingredients/animals and the environment. But I won't be re-purchasing this perfume and I will definitely have to wear a tester of their others for a few hours before I buy another!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

25:43 starts with a bright, fizzy citrus top note, which is soon mellowed with vanilla into a custardy confection. After a while it becomes warm and woodsy. It's warm and cool at the same time...an interesting combo.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MsMaryMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish there was an option for "hell no" when asked if I'd buy this again. I loved it when first sprayed on. Out smells like a light citrus smell. Then I smell some other things that mix with the citrus that aren't as goods as the initial smell, but isn't terrible. About an hour after being applied, this stuff became sickeningly funky. It smelled nothing like the original scent. I immediately took it back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was named 25:43 because, according to LUSH, "It took Mark twenty-five minutes and forty-three seconds to blend this masterpiece."

...I don't know if that's a selling point for me. It's like they're bragging about not putting time into composing their fragrances. I digress.

25:43 is supposed to have notes of lime, tonka, lemongrass, vanilla, ylang ylang and litsea, but it mostly smells like someone mixed LUSH's Vanillary scent (golden, sweet vanilla) with their Flying Fox scent (perfumey, slightly smoky jasmine, and I'm not sure what's giving me that impression) and then threw in some lime fragrance oil on the top.

A lot of the Gorilla Perfumes smell sort of hastily thrown together and disjointed to me. This one isn't exactly unpleasant - tangy lime, sweet vanilla, and perfumey floral-ish notes - but it doesn't smell quite right to me either. Something about the mix of tart, sweet, and perfumey floral doesn't mesh well to my nose, like the notes are all fighting with each other.

On the packaging, I HATE the black bottles that LUSH has been using for their perfume lately. Even with the tester bottles in the stores, the black paint (?) is chipping off of them and one of the sales girls told me that the perfume had some problems with evaporating & leaking from the bottles. That's really not acceptable at all, in my opinion...

I don't think that this is worth $40 an ounce.