November 24, 2014 | 906 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - YOUTH CODE LUMINIZE Super Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by originalconfidence

i used exactly half a bottle of the korean version of this one. I don't know about the whitening effect. It just moisturized. No shine or illumination for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by BlueEyedB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is called "Youth Code Luminosity Extraordinary Serum" where I live. It has a pleasant smell and is quickly absorbed with no greasy residue, leaving a silicone-smooth feel on the skin.

The packaging reads "Apply the serum by itself or before your daily care, morning or evening on your entire face". Personally, I prefer to use this at night under my night cream and not during the day under my make-up. I did try it once in the morning and as I have a very oily skin, I found that my skin looked shiny a little quicker than usual.

After the first two weeks of use, it definitely left my skin feeling more hydrated. As for the correction of dark spots, well, this product does contain light-infusing ingredients which make the skin instantly appear more luminous and even toned, but I've been using this product daily for 6 months and took photos on the day that I began using it. I took more photos 5 months later (after finishing two bottles) and I'm rather disappointed that my pigmentation marks have not lightened at all and still look the same in the photos!

I still have a full bottle left and will finish it before I make my final decision, but this doesn't seem to be working for me and is not living up to the statement that dark spots are visibly reduced after one month!

One thing I don't like about the serum is the way that it reacts if a little too much is applied by accident (the first time I tried this was out of a sample sachet) - the excess product tends to roll or "ball" and flakes off. For me, one pump of the bottle is enough to cover my entire face and neck. Two pumps and it starts to flake off.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Kiki05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pros:
-hydrating
-makes skin soft after application
-not greasy
-nice looking packaging
-a little goes a long way

cons:
-causes little whiteheads that sometimes turns into acne
-may irritate skin

this could've been an amazing product for me if it didn't cause me whiteheads!!!! -_- I did notice my dark spots fading and my skin tone is more even after using it however, it caused me a lot of bumps. So i looked in to the ingredients and i saw "BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE" which is an irritant that causes acne! i don't even know why its there... its purpose is only to make products have sheen when applied to the face but with this product it doesn't even do that so why add it in?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Bluesdetoi

Ive been using the Luminizer (the marketing name in Europe) for about 3 weeks. I have some pigmentation spots on my right shoulder that have been around for years, I used to get a few pimples in the exactly same spots forever, but since they left the marks remained. Foolishly I hadn't read up on treatments so I used to tan quite often, hoping if I tan enough the spots will blend in with the rest of my skin. Needless to say it made them darker and they've driven me mad for the longest time.

I bought the product after some good reviews and I found it on sale 2 for 1. I've been using religiously and my spots have faded a lot. They are still there, but so much lighter that I don't mind wearing tank tops now and showing off my shoulders. I'll keep using it and hopefully these will soon be a memory.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by bichito10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product 2 daysago. i need to stress the fact that i never had any kind of allergies to any beauty products or food in my life before (Im 32) . After applying the prodcut, the skin of my neck started to be very itchy and i could notice hundreds of red spots appearing covering my neck and it expanded all over my face where I put the Loreal youth code Serum. Im having a strong urticaria reaction to these product and i went to the drug store and im now taking medications to treat the rush on my skin. Horrible chemical product that i do not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by serafine7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Almost half the price of similar, Vichy serum, gives nice radiant shine, good as a primer. I used it over night, the bottle lasted around 1 month. Great product but the effects are gone when you stop using it so...overall good purchase

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by duchy13

This product was very harsh on the skin. I did not see any difference in the quality of my skin over the time I used it. The packaging was peeling away, made it look very cheap

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Zeppa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice texture,my skin feels much better

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by dora77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is impressive!
I have acne scars and large pores and after 6 weeks of using it I really see quite an improvement! And I have been using it only in the evening.
One small downside is, since the weather has been hotter, I sometimes wake up with grease film on my forehead, but when I wash my face is all good and it doesn't make me break out.
My scars are significantly lighter and pores, well, they look better if not smaller!
I'll definitely buy this one again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Ramovic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It has no effects and the worst part is that it comes of in layers! Not something one can use with makeup