September 3, 2014 | 1407 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - YOUTH CODE LUMINIZE Super Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Kiki05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pros:
-hydrating
-makes skin soft after application
-not greasy
-nice looking packaging
-a little goes a long way

cons:
-causes little whiteheads that sometimes turns into acne
-may irritate skin

this could've been an amazing product for me if it didn't cause me whiteheads!!!! -_- I did notice my dark spots fading and my skin tone is more even after using it however, it caused me a lot of bumps. So i looked in to the ingredients and i saw "BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE" which is an irritant that causes acne! i don't even know why its there... its purpose is only to make products have sheen when applied to the face but with this product it doesn't even do that so why add it in?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Bluesdetoi

Ive been using the Luminizer (the marketing name in Europe) for about 3 weeks. I have some pigmentation spots on my right shoulder that have been around for years, I used to get a few pimples in the exactly same spots forever, but since they left the marks remained. Foolishly I hadn't read up on treatments so I used to tan quite often, hoping if I tan enough the spots will blend in with the rest of my skin. Needless to say it made them darker and they've driven me mad for the longest time.

I bought the product after some good reviews and I found it on sale 2 for 1. I've been using religiously and my spots have faded a lot. They are still there, but so much lighter that I don't mind wearing tank tops now and showing off my shoulders. I'll keep using it and hopefully these will soon be a memory.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by bichito10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product 2 daysago. i need to stress the fact that i never had any kind of allergies to any beauty products or food in my life before (Im 32) . After applying the prodcut, the skin of my neck started to be very itchy and i could notice hundreds of red spots appearing covering my neck and it expanded all over my face where I put the Loreal youth code Serum. Im having a strong urticaria reaction to these product and i went to the drug store and im now taking medications to treat the rush on my skin. Horrible chemical product that i do not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by serafine7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Almost half the price of similar, Vichy serum, gives nice radiant shine, good as a primer. I used it over night, the bottle lasted around 1 month. Great product but the effects are gone when you stop using it so...overall good purchase

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by duchy13

This product was very harsh on the skin. I did not see any difference in the quality of my skin over the time I used it. The packaging was peeling away, made it look very cheap

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Zeppa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice texture,my skin feels much better

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by dora77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is impressive!
I have acne scars and large pores and after 6 weeks of using it I really see quite an improvement! And I have been using it only in the evening.
One small downside is, since the weather has been hotter, I sometimes wake up with grease film on my forehead, but when I wash my face is all good and it doesn't make me break out.
My scars are significantly lighter and pores, well, they look better if not smaller!
I'll definitely buy this one again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Ramovic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It has no effects and the worst part is that it comes of in layers! Not something one can use with makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have finished a bottle of this serum today so it is time to review it and I do not have any other words about it but praises.

It took me about 3-4 months to use up 30 ml bottle. The bottle is made of glass and unfortunately you cannot see through it which results in a nasty surprise when the product suddenly finishes hihi. Pump is very convenient and squirts out the right amount of product - I usually used 1.5 pumps for my face and neck. It is also able to squirt out the last bits of the serum too.

I was applying it also under my eyes and have not had any bad reaction over there but I would advise to be careful since it contains AHA and is fragranced (with some citrusy, fresh and pleasant smell) as well.

After a couple of weeks of use it gave me this lovely even toned skin, with smaller pores and maybe even perhaps some glow tough I suspect it was due to the lightreflective particles in the product. I might have been cheating a bit because I used this serum in the night (under a richer moisturiser as it is not moisturising enough for me on its own) and a Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel as my day serum - together they work beauifully and I have had the best skin in months!

The only minus I was able to find was that my sunscreen (LRP Anthelios and Avene Emulsion both spf 50) was sometimes rolling when put on top of this serum when I used it during the day once or twice but usually a tiny bit of moisturiser applied before the sunscreen would help.

All in all it is a very effective drugstore product for someone in their mid 30s and it is already on my Spring shopping beauty list, which I cannot say about much more expensive product that I am currently using...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by economist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am soooooo happy with this product, I have a dry sensitive skin that can be easily aggravated by most of the creams and brands. i use it once when i go to bed . it moisturizes my skin so much and it gives me a dewy look and health glow when i wake up at the morning. i do not need much of the serum and a little goes a long way. its almost a month now and my first bottle did not finish yet. the only downside to this product is that it is so expensive( 25 pounds).