July 26, 2014 | 1376 users online

Concealers - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Conceal & Brighten

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Beauty.com since they were having a PTR sale and this was the larger size, so i tried the medium/deep shade. for reference i am NC30-35, Estee in Rattan and Nars Stromboli. i actually love this concealer! it never looks cakey on my under eye area and the highlighter is a plus! it is so travel friendly, i actually use the highlighter more than my Benefit high beam since it is so compact. So onto the concealer: it is great for yellow tones, noticed the light is more pink toned, but even if it is medium deep, i doubt it would work for deeper tones. it covers well, but if you have really bad under eye dark circles, you might want to put a heavier duty one first since this is pretty light IMO. My under eye has visible veins and i do have fine wrinkles, so i use this solely and pat around then follow with its highlighter and my eyes look more awake! i tried it on pimples, dark spots, but it does not cover as much as my "bye bye under eye" by IT cosmetics. But for my under eye to get coverage AND fight wrinkles, for that, I am stocking up since they are 70% off right now.
EDIT: found a better concealer: Lancome effacernes in Medium Bisque as my absolute dead on match for my skin and a concealer that lasts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a fan of Peter Thomas Roth's products and the ingredients in his line, I believed the Un-Wrinkle Conceal & Brighten would also be beneficial in a variety of ways. One product to buy with both a concealer and a highlighter together in one package, that sounded like a good deal. On top of that, the concealer and the brightener do have peptides, while the brightener also includes sunflower seed oil, jojoba seed oil, and vitamin E. The applicator is a foam type that you can dab at your skin so its not a tug of war, which is good for the delicate under eye area. I am very fair, so when it comes to concealing anything, I have a problem. I usually don't use concealers anymore, but did try this as an alternative and frankly, didn't like it. The shade was just too dark, and seemed too heavy no matter how lightly I tried to apply it. One good point about this concealer I will say is that it did not settle into any lines. That's a positive for it. Since it doesn't work for my skin color, unfortunately the concealer half of this product is a no-go for me. But the highlighter end of the product is interesting. It is a brightener. It does illuminate. It does have sparkle. Not sparkly effects that are over-bearing, altho I would imagine you could probably layer it on. I just used the foam applicator to dab it on my brow bone area and then gently dabbed it where I felt it illuminated my eye area best. Sometimes, I also use it to highlight my cheekbones. It's a light highlighter and you can use it as such. But because I wound up only using half of this product packaging, I wouldn't purchase it again. I'd say depending on what the color of your skin is(the darker the better) and how the condition is of your under-eye circles) that would clinch your purchase of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by bluebutterfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, I can't believe that this product is not flying off shelves. I guess it's true that products react and appear differently on everyone's skin.
I love this concealor/highlighter duo. I tried it because I was watching one of MakeupGeek's billions of videos on YouTube (jk) and she recommended it. So when I was at Ulta and wanted to use my 20% off coupon, I thought what the heck, let me try it.
It comes in a double-end wand, where one end is the concealer and the other is a highlighter. I bought it in medium.
Now I don't really have dark circles so much as I'm starting to get bags, so I use the concealer to cover the creases the bags make. Now, I would love to tell you that this product miraculously cleared up my under eye bags and circles, but no I cannot. But I can tell you that it greatly improved the area making it appear a lot smoother and without accentuating the fine wrinkles I have under my eyes too. And it wasn't so light that I got reverse racoon eyes. And then the highlighter end was beautiful. I use it to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and the brow bone, It's actually a nice highlighter to use on your cheekbones too, but it does have cool undertones, more silvery than pink or gold undertones. My only complaint is that they use a doe foot wand for the highlighter end and you do get too much product. They should have made it a thin brush.
This is definitely a product I would repurchase. I wanted to include a list of the active ingredients that are in the concealer. These are the active ingredients, but when you look at the whole list, the silicones are the first ingredients listed and there are parabens in this.
SYNŽ-AKE - Neuropeptide that helps to smooth out the appearance of lines and wrinkles

SNAP-8 - Neuropeptide that helps minimize the appearance of expression lines

ArgirelineŽ - Neuropeptide that helps to prevent the formation of the look of lines & wrinkles and reduces the depth of the appearance of existing ones

SYNŽ-COLL - Peptide that helps to smooth out the appearance of lines & wrinkles by decreasing the look of their depth

MatrixylTM 3000* - A dual-peptide that helps to maintain and restore the skin's youthful appearance

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

This has a lot of good ingredients and is supposed to treat as well as brighten and conceal.

Pros: Is very lightweight and ingredients are top-notch. 2 options: 1 side is a concealer, other side is a shimmery highlighter. Doesn't emphasize wrinkles BUT

Cons: Doesn't cover or conceal anything! And container is small, about the size of Maybelline's concealer highlighter and in fact is very similar. Highlighter side even when used very lightly makes for an alien like otherworldly shine on areas. Tried it under and over the concealer and never got a result I liked so while it doesn't crease it does emphasize an area I'm trying to de-emphasize by using a concealer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No