April 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Loose Powders - Youngblood - Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder in Warmth

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, what a truly amazing product. I just bought into the entire youngblood line, and overall this is one of my favorite products. It literally melts into your skin, while providing perfection for your face. Such a treat for us ladies who tend to be a little shiny mid-day, highly recommended!

I apply it using a large-headed powder brush for more even distribution.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by 2sxy4u

I got this in translucent to use over my makeup to control shine. I live in a place where the weather is mostly hot and humid, so I always tend to get the shine usually in about two to three hours after applying makeup. It comes in a sturdy sifter jar with a pop-up lid that has a mirror, and a nicely puffy sponge for applying the powder which also prevents the product from spilling out of the holes when I chuck the jar in my bag. The powder works so well for me, it lasts the whole afternoon, and no shine until late in the evening. You won't have to reapply since it's that good at keeping the oilies at bay! It's silky when applied and leaves a nice matte finish, not cakey or gives a ghostly cast. I am so happy this does not clog my pores at all. This is definitely going to be a repeat product for me when I finish this jar. I found my HG finishing powder in this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by eifffrank

I have only used this product on top of my mineral foundation. I really like how it smells and feels, but the powder gets everywhere, so be careful when applying as it is kind of messy. The powder also seeps out of the packaging a bit, so make sure to keep it in a separate bag when traveling. Not sure if I would purchase this product again, I need to try it on it's own, but I do really like it and know that when people compliment my skin, that it is because of this powder & the mineral foundation super team.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Lovely powder!! Pore minimizing, but still not drying. A little mattifying.

I thought this was so beautiful that I needed to take a look how "natural" this actually was.... To me the ingredients don't seem too natural....this contains silicones!! Thats why it evens out the skin...

I have acne prone skin, and usually i have problems with silicones...and I only got a sample size of this.... So I still don't know if i dare to purchase it, it's extremely expensive! And there is a risk that it breaks me out....

BUT if you can take dimethicone, this leaves a beautiful surface... (even if I don't agree it's "hydrating"?!)

And not "natural" actually....

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by xapplex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in translucent. I love the way this powder makes my skin soft and smooth. It feels very luxurious and comes on pretty sheer. BUT when I wear it, people often ask me whether I feel well - apparently it made me sick-pale. My skin is very light (NC15), but normally I have this glowing skin, but this powder totally changes that. I really wanted to love this powder, but I just don't wanna look like a ghost - and the other color is too dark for me.. :-/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have never tried translucent powders in my life ever since seeing the pictures of celebrities with white casts on their faces due to the MUFE HD. But after trying a couple of translucent powders in stores, I was torn with how silky they made my skin feel afterwards and the amazing finish they gave to my makeup. So when I came across Youngblod's HD Powder in warmth, I instantly had to buy it because if I'm not mistaken, it's the only HD powder in the market that's not stark white, eliminating that awful white cast that people often get. But I have to admit, when the lady at the county told me that with my fair-medium skintone, I could get away with the white translucent powder, I was a bit hesitant and still bought the one in warmth, just in case despite the fact that there really wasn't any difference with the color on my skin since it cam on pretty sheer, almost translucent, but I just wanted to make sure.
This on is like liquid pearl on my face. My skin was so much smoother that my friend who was as into makeup as I was just culdn't figure out why my skin looked different that one day I decided to wear this, meaning, it was virtually undetectable color-wise even to the makeup-trained eye. I rubbed a small amount at the back of my hand and the difference of the one with the HD powder and the one without is just amazing! I'm seriously a believer of HD powders now!
Highly recommend you guys get this one in particular if you've always wanted to try HD powders but are scared of getting that ghastly white cast because the warm bronzey color won't just make your skin smoother, but it'll give it that perfect glow. :)

PS. It's also mineral based to it's good for your skin unlike some HD powders that are silica-packed! :D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No