August 1, 2014 | 1323 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Forget me not

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This beautiful purple is the other half to the "garden party" from spring Dior 2012, As I said before I was late to this "garden party", but better late than never.
This purple is a beautiful purple. It's not shimmery at all this one is a creme. It goes on like a dream, the Dior brush is again amazing to use. The polish covers in one coat but I always use 2. It has not worn away from my tips yet even with my hands doing dishes.
It smells like flowers again, but that's ok with me. If my husband kisses my hand he smells it and says "oh you smell good" and I'm ok with that, LOL. I think since purple and green get on well there must be a way to use both of the "garden party" collection on the nails for a spectacular effect.
I love this color for it's ability to go into spring, full on in summer and thru to fall without missing a beat. This color is at least a three season wear, easy. Not so sure about the green, but who knows what can be added to make a wintery look, This purple can work for a wintery look. Well done Dior.
I didn't want to like or even to love this nail polish from this company. Anything that cost me more than $10 was a indulgence, so DL was my indulgence, now Dior has my attention and I have to save in order to get the colors that I like from Dior. If my husband ever found out about my Dior nail polish addiction, he'd have a stroke. I'm not telling and if I do I hope the color is on sale, LOL! I'm looking at some Tom Ford colors and they're more expensive than Dior.........Oh my, I'm in trouble. LMAO!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This nail polish is from the Dior Garden Party collection (Spring 2011), which has only just become available here in Australia in February 2011

This is a gorgeous mauvey-purple. I love that it's purple without being garishly so. It reminds me of flowers (though I've never seen a forget-me-not in this colour, aren't they usually blue?), particularly hydrangeas or perhaps a pansy.

It's a scented nail polish, which gives off a soft rose smell once it's dry (the stuff in the bottle smells the same as any nail polish). You can even smell it under a topcoat like Seche Vite. The smell is a bit grandmotherly but it's not overpowering and I love anything to do with rose-scented things so I quite like it.

This applied perfectly - it was completely opaque in two, creamy coats. The wider Dior brush makes it a dream to apply. Some find it a bit fiddly but I found that with my smaller nail beds, I got good coverage in two carefully applied strokes.

It's actually a perfect colour for autumn, given that it's a darker purple which is perfect for us Aussies (it was just recently released - towards the end of summer in time for autumn). If you love purple (and particularly if you're Australian) rush down to the Dior counter (David Jones or Myer) and get this, you'll adore it!!