September 30, 2014 | 1343 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Waterlily

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colour of Waterlily is very pretty - it's a clean, bright green that leans a bit yellow. It has very slight shimmer. It's the perfect spring shade, and it's not a nail colour you see every day. However, the formula is craptastic. Super thick, made worse by the thick brush. I just can't get a nice neat application with this brush and formula. You can almost do with one coat, but not quite. This is my first Dior polish, and based on my experience, I'm not really interested in getting any more. There are much much better formulas and packaging at lower price points.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by alaras

I had this and it is not a dupe for Chanel's Jade at all (yes I also wanted and tried to see it as a dupe). This one is much more grassy, a darker and more intense green. More pistachio I think.
Application was good and the polish was nicely pigmented. I'd say one coater. But it was not the colour I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this color and I had to have it. I know I was late getting to this "garden party", but better late than never.
I used this as a base color for DL's "mermaid's dream" for a weekend away and I had tons of compliments. I came home and removed the polish and just put on "Waterlily" alone. I had to go out and when I did I had nothing but compliments again. It changes with the lighting, from a standard green to a shimmer green, to a spring green, to a almost O.D. green. It is gorgeous.
It goes on like a dream, It does not streak, it stays on strong without chipping. it smells after it is dry, like flowers, or roses maybe. I use a sticky base coat for natural nails, two coats of polish and a top coat. It really is gorgeous on. It has a different brush than I have used before. The brush is shaped so the it can cover my whole nail in one stroke, my thumbs in one and a half strokes. when I did that I did it on the first coat so if I made any mistakes then I could fix them. I really like this.
I didn't want to love this polish as much as my DL, but wow is this some good stuff. My nails look beautiful and I am a firm believer that polish is jewels for the nails. Wear what you like. I don't care that the polish smells like flowers either I am only concerned with the color and the wear of the polish. This brush is fantastic too, so my DL has some small competition. I'm thrilled with this green from Dior. it's like no other color I've seen or I've had. I am enjoying it very much. If you can find it and you can get it go for it, it's worth it. Remember to use a really good top coat!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate the way this smells. I find the rose scent really cloying, but I love the color and formula enough that I am still giving it a 5. It's just a fresh looking jade green, not minty, not turquoise, just a perfect fresh green that accents so many outfits so nicely. It has tiny, almost imperceptible silver microglitters that add a nice dimension to the polish that prevent it from looking flat.

Never before have a owned a nail polish that I would contemplate buying a backup of (too late now though sadly). Furthermore I never thought I'd ever spend 23 dollars on a nail polish, so this really knocked my socks off!

It looks perfect against my skin tone, I'm a light-medium yellow-toned Asian and it looks great on my fingers and my toes. It applies like a dream, a bit thicker than most of the polishes I own, but it applies smoothly nonetheless. The wear on this is great, it is a very hearty polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by tackless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't own a single Dior nail polish until Waterlily. I bought this in January, and it was love at first sight. This nail polish is like magic, it looks amazing and the application was great. I used two coats, and the brush was just the right size to cover my entire nail in one swoop. The one thing that bothered me a little was the scent, as it was rather strong the first day I applied the polish. Fortunately, the next day the scent was much more tolerable as some of it faded away. I personally liked the rosy scent, but that's just my opinion; I would advise anyone that might purchase this to try it on first to see if you can tolerate the smell. This is an awesome polish, and it attracts compliment magnet. Get it if you can tolerate the scent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous color, though I'm sure it's not incredibly unique. Still, I like that it doesn't look mint or milky like so many other light greens. It's a clean color, yellow undertones, subtle green shimmer. Very fresh and pretty for Spring. The formula is non-streaky and opaque in two coats. Longer than average wear length with no chipping and only the usual tip fading. The brush takes some getting used to but it doesn't interfere with application.

The one thing that I can't stand about this is the fragrance. After the polish dries and it isn't the typical wet polish smell, the noxious, strong, musty rose scent rears its ugly head. It's supposed to be infused with a rose fragrance but I thought it would be subtle. It literally made me feel nauseated and I could smell it even with my hands by my sides. The scent only started to fade after two days and even in the following week I could detect it when my hands were close to my face. It's enough for me to never wear it on my fingernails again and save this for my toenails.

For the hideous scent I'm knocking off a lippie. I should give this 3 out of 5 but I love this color and once it's on my toes I won't care about the awful rose scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

loving my dior waterlily. i bought this as a release from the Dior spring 2012, although I understand it wasn't necessarily new to the world. great coverage, excellent brush. i was skeptical about the wise flat brush with the pointy tip, but i can really get in there at the corners without covering my entire cuticle with polish. gorgeous color that speaks for itself. you either like it or you don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by hslo

This is from Dior's 2012 spring collection, where they released two nail polishes. Waterlily, for me, was the standout, because I'd been looking for a jade green polish that might come close to Chanel Jade. Well, Waterlily does, though it's a little darker than the Chanel. Wonderful shade of green with a gentle shimmer that makes it elegant. I wore this over the Lunar New Year and had some nice compliments about it.

I'm not a big fan of the rose scent, though it admittedly is not that strong. (I'd have to sniff really hard at my fingers to detect anything.) Formula-wise, it was a little runny. I liked the short, flat brush with the rounded tip, which made it easy to apply the polish.

It's certainly one of the pricier polishes I've bought, but Waterlily is worth every cent, especially if you're a collector.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This nail polish is from the Dior Garden Party collection (Spring 2011), which has only just become available here in Australia in February 2011

This shade is a pale jade green (i.e. pale green with a slight blue tinge). It's also got a lovely, subtle silver/green shimmer in it which is only really noticeable if you look for it but which adds a lovely depth to the colour.

It's been compared to the iconic Chanel Jade. I've seen in some blogs (e.g. Polishpolice.com) that Chanel Jade is a little bit lighter and has a bit of a blue tinge compared to this but that said it's pretty close, looking at many swatches.

It's a scented nail polish, which gives off a soft rose smell once it's dry (the stuff in the bottle smells the same as any nail polish). You can even smell it under a topcoat like Seche Vite. The smell is a bit grandmotherly but it's not overpowering and I love anything to do with rose-scented things so I quite like it.

The polish applied quite smoothly. It took three, relatively thin coats to get it completely opaque (or two thicker coats). The other polish in this collection, Forget-me-not, was opaque in two. The wider Dior brush makes it a dream to apply. Some find it a bit fiddly but I found that with my smaller nail beds, I got good coverage in two carefully applied strokes.

This is a beautiful colour for spring (of course, we're coming into Autumn down under) or just a very pretty colour to be worn whenever!