October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

BB Cream - Boots - Beautiful Skin BB Cream Normal/Dry in Fair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I dug this out of my bb creams this morning as I had been saving it for times when my normally oily/combo skin is on the drier side - which is now. Despite being in the Fair shade, it matches my NC25-30 skin well, it's on the neutral side rather than leaning towards pink or yellow. I don't think it will suit anyone truly Fair. It is slightly thinner than my Smashbox bb cream (my fave) and not as difficult to blend as Skin79 so I think the texture would suit most people. I blended it with a brush and the effect was great. It doesn't have the high level of blemish coverage of my other BB creams so concealer is definitely needed for those with less than perfect skin (me!) and it needs a little setting powder. The end result is a dewy, natural effect. If your skin is in the least bit oily it will look shiny - I know from experience! I'm not sure I would buy it again as I think it is likely to be discontinued before I need another (in annoying No. 7 style) but if it was still available I would re-purchase. I think for anyone with a Medium complexion that's leaning towards the Fair side with dry to very dry skin - wanting something easy to blend with a natural finish - this is a very good option. BTW it only has SPF 15 so it's not for the warmer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Naomi2005

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great for me. I find it better than my Laura Mercier foundation which had started to accentuate my pores. This does not gather in my pores and slips on beautifully, giving a lovely sheer finish. A brilliant product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on my second tube of this and I really like it. Admittedly, I do add a bit of extra powder in the form of MaxFactor Facefinity over the top, as I like a bit more coverage having suffered from acne in the past. That said, it is great for everyday use, doesn't flare up my skin, and is a good colour match for me. I have oily / combination skin and so I do like to use a little bit of primer underneath to help it last through the day. Have been out walking in the sunshine today, and, despite getting quite hot, it has lasted well and is definitely preferable to a heavy foundation. I must admit that I am not bowled over by BB creams in general, but I think that this is one of the better ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by tangelina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love this bb cream. I got this in fair and it matches my skin tone well, which came as a surprise as past BB cream ventures only left me in disappointment. Coverage is decent, my slight redness and dark circles were concealed in a breeze (but on bad circles days, additional concealing is required). The product does have a fragrance to it, but it fades about 10 minutes into application. Can be spread easily with both brush and fingers, and it has a dewy finish.

All in all, I will definitely repurchase because for the price v.s quality, it is unbeatable.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by cantstopdancing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd read lots of positive things about BB creams, so was easily seduced to trying this, after reading rave reviews about it.

It looked fine in the shop, so I bought it. However, I hate it. It looks, as another reviewer has said, very 'flat'. It settled into fine lines, I didn't even know about (not good at all), and seemed to take away any natural dewiness; in fact it was worse than just using powder.

I bought it in fair, and whilst it looks OK in the house, in bright sunshine you can see an obvious tidemark, and an orangey 'glow'. It also emphasised my pores, which looked like craters after... eek!

The good thing about it is it does 'feel' nice. My skin felt smooth, but I agree with the other reviewer who said it made them look older, it did me too. I had such high hopes, and love No 7. I do think that the 17 BB Cream is better.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

I'm neutral so NC15 or NW15, it depends. The fair in this is too dark but only a little bit, but it oxidises very badly, making me look orange. So if like me you try it on in the shop and it doesn't look too bad please bear that in mind.

I didn't find it moisturising instead I found it made me look older. Weird, it's not because it was drying, in a way it looked flat, didn't cover much and highlighted any shadows. Hard to describe but I felt it added about 5 years to me. It didn't have that dewy brightening effect I've come to expect with BB creams. I would say this is simply a light foundation, bit more than a tinted moisturiser, not your traditional BB cream. It sat on my skin, oxidised and looked oily and a mess within an hour.

If you're pale like me I do recommend you try Boots 17 BB cream. Even if you're think ugh that's a teen brand, it's good. Pale colours, I mix light and medium, brightens, dewyish, not drying but not super shiny. And it lasts quite well. It's also cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

G'ah! Couldn't wait to get this off my face! I got a sample of the oily/combo one as I wanted something quick and easy to put on in the morning. Give it this though, it does conceal very well, which I was surprised about. But the colour was wrong (only 2 shade options!), and after about an hour my face looked awful. A shiny slick, with huge pores and dry forehead (what?). I have a mildly oily t zone, so have no idea what was going on. And all I could feel was this on my face - yuk. Sooooo glad I didn't buy this, and made me remember why I hate BB creams in the first place and why I steer away from No 7 anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: Although there's nothing wrong with this, my preferred DS BB cream is now Garnier Miracle skin Perfector in light. The colour of the Boots one doesn't last as long compared to the Garnier one.

I wanted to try this as a entry level into BB creams. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. It looks like it's sheer coverage and it feels like it, but a lot of imperfections are completely disguised. I'm not sure what to make of that!

It only has two colour tones, fair and medium. I'm pretty fair and fair works really well for me. Loses a lippy overall because of the shortage of colour options.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by rachelicious904

I have to agree with the other review, I was really pleasantly surprised by this. I had the old £5 voucher and had been hearing about BB creams so thought I'd give this a go as I was actually looking for a tinted moisturiser so this was basically 2 in 1. The coverage is sheer, really your face but better, evens out complexion and isn't greasy or too matte. SPF 15 as well so perfect for Summer. I want to save this for my 3 month trip in the US but think I'll end up using it every day! I also got fair. It really isn't fair, it's perfect for my light olive freckled skin, so I don't know what an actual fair person would do. I only gave it a 4 due to their only being 2 colours, which wasn't personally a problem for me but might be for others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I am genuinely surprised at how much I like this BB Cream. I had been hearing about BBt creams for months before they finally arrived in the UK. First there was the Garnier cream which I have yet to try and the No17 but then No7 brought out a new skin care range called Beautiful Skin. The usual 3 for 2 and the £5 off voucher enticed me in.

This stuff is literally flying off the shelves. It took me a few attempts to finally get this in the right shade for my skin. I got fair. The medium might have been passable as this is so sheer but I don't appreciate the tide lines.

This gives a lovely coverage. It is sheer so it won't be great if you like a fuller coverage. At first I thought this would do me for 'no makeup days' but it is now turning into my go to. I wear a little concealer to hid some of the redness around my nose and a little powder if I feel like a little more coverage but it is lovely.

It does not go shiney on my and seems to add another layer of protection and moisture to my quite dry skin without making my T-zone go chip pan greasy. It lasts literally all day. When I take my makeup off in the evenings it is still there.

A very natural finish product that just seems to enhance my complexion. It also contains a good UVA block and factor 15 UVB sun factor - not great for strong sunlight but more than adequate in the weak Winter sunlight at the minute.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No