November 28, 2014 | 1268 users online

Sunscreen - Lancome - UV EXPERT GN-SHIELD BB Base SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by chenjennie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always buy at least 2-3 tubes of this when I go back to Asia because this is my HG product. Ever since I've tried this, I can't stand traditional foundation anymore. This has very light coverage, but brings a natural glow to the skin. I have very dry skin, and this is the only product that lasts through the entire day without my skin peeling at the end of the day. Highly recommended for Asians with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by alii01

This is definitely my HG product. I hardly ever write reviews but I love this product so much I had to give back to Lancome in some way. Like some previous reviewer said, this is specifically made for Asians and tested on Asian skin. Perhaps that's why it doesn't work for some?
I have 3 more tubes of this sitting at home because I'm so afraid of running out of it! My routine goes like this: toner, primer, Lancome BB, & whatever else. I don't put any more moisturizer with this. It gives me a dewy skin that glows, evens out my skin tone, and isn't oily at all! I top it off with powder and I'm pretty much good for the day. I look so much more "awake" with a "bright" face even if i ONLY put this on. It's perfect for the summer, but in the winter, I opt for something with a lower SPF (but nothing beats the glow this BB gives me!) I even mix a little bit in my MUFE HD foundation if I'm going out a night so I can still get a little bit of that glow. It's weird that the color is kind of dark when you squeeze it out of the tube, but when you put it on your face, it brightens your whole complexion. I only use a pea size amount for daily use. The coverage (with some powder) is perfect for just going to work. For people who need a thicker coverage (I think this is the thickest I've tried..), try ETUDE BB cream. That one makes me break out a little (probably won't for most of you) but it definitely has a much thicker coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by roomie97

this bb cream seemed quite okay at first, but as i used this on and on, i realized that this was totally not for me :( it has absolutely no coverage at all, even though it LOOKS like i have make up on so it really frustrated me. so i just gave this product to a dear friend of mine because she thought it was quite good. will never buy any type of foundation or bb cream from lancome. urgh

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product on and off for the past couple of years. I love everything about this sunscreen except for the horrible shade. It gives my skin a grey cast once it's on. I have warm medium skin color so it may work better for those with cooler complexions. I love the texture and how easy it is to apply, and that a little goes a long way. It doesn't sweat off either which is great. I won't be repurchasing this as I recently discovered Bobbi Brown BB cream, which comes in the perfect shade for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kismis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Spreads and blends easily, and gives good coverage which surprises me for a BB cream. I love the UV Expert SPF 50 untinted sunblock so thought this would be similar. It was my first BB cream though so I thought it is a step up from tinted moisturiser but not heavy as foundation.

Unfortunately, it gets greasy/shiny on me in hot humid weather and also, I find that it's not quite a great match on me, making me look greyish and ashy by mid-day. :(

Also, after prolonged use of 3 months, BB cream tends to result in dry patches on my otherwise combi-oily skin, especially around the oilier nose area. Won't repurchase as its colour and drying effect is not for me.

Update: Lancome launched an updated version of this in form of the BB Complete and I may still give this sample a try soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by wujen

This product is specifically made for Asian skin, as it's stated at the back that it was tested on Asian skin only. I got this in Singapore while I was on transit back home to Australia (not available in Aus). Initially, I didn't know how to use it as I wasn't sure whether this is meant to be applied on top or under your moisturiser. It also clashed with some of my moisturisers where it would ball up and created a mess. In addition, being a sunscreen freak, I think I was using too much as it created a grey cast on my face.
After further trial and errors, I've now perfected the way as to how to use it. After washing my face, I apply my serum and a normal SPF 30+ sunscreen double as moisturiser (I use the Mecca brand sunscreen which is the bomb!!) and then I dot this BB base around my face and then blend. This way, it creates the most beautiful glow on my face and i've had countless compliments from strangers asking what product I use on my face. Absolutely will buy again. For those who doesn't have this in their country, you can get it on StrawberryNet in both 30ml and 50ml.
This is also a star product in Asia as I always see massive advertising for this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

im using the bb base because they dont sell any tinted moisturizers in my country. right now best bb cream! it has uv spf 50. doesnt break me out like the face shop quick n clean. but of course like any other bb creams, this one has that greyish shade to it so i have to blend it a little with loose powder. and the price is OMG! i paid about $55 with tax which is just ridiculous for this amount n i dont really like how i cant see how much left is the cream inside :( but overall, i love the cream! :) i might not buy this again, because im sure there are cheaper priced sunscreen :P

UPDATE MAY 2012
ive been wanting to update this for soo long! this thing gives me small little white heads which i hate