L'Occitane Volumizing Conditioner

3.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed emotions with this one. I have thin hair and an oily scalp, I use a shampoo for oily hair. The trouble with shampoos for oily hair when they are washing off the excessive oil from your scalp (if they can actually do it, like my shampoo does it very well), they tend to make your hair get hard. The ingredients that can make hair get softer like a lot of oils/thick creams make things worse for those with oily hair; the scalp stays oily or gets even oilier and it weighs down the hair. Unfortunately there seems to be no other way, it's either oily scalp or hard hair. When I use a conditioner I expect it to make my hair soft while not feeling heavy and cancelling the volume provided by my shampoo. Very, very hard to find if possible, I'm 30 and still couldn't find one to this date.

Most shampoos and conditioners that are made to give volume have a very similar formula as "shampoo for oily hair", as usually it's the oil that prevents the hair from showing its full potential about volume, most if not all volume shampoos also lack thick ingredients like heavy oils. This conditioner is for volume and forget making my hair get softer, it made my hair get even harder than it was just with shampoo.

On the positive side though, my hair is in a better style now. The first time I used this conditioner I thought maybe it was coincidence that my natural waves looked better. But after using it for 4-5 times now I'm pretty sure it's related to the conditioner because nothing else I did when drying my hair and my shampoo was different, the only difference was the conditioner. I also really liked the scent.

I bought the travel size and will try other conditioners by L'Occitane next. But if I can't find anything better and I can catch a discount (too pricey for the result you get without discount) I might just go back to this one for the sake of the waves in my hair.

A good conditioner, but I wish it could give some more moisture. The smell is good and it is a good conditioner for every day use. Hair gets shiny and it does not weigh down the hair. My brittle ends need a bit more care than this gives me.

I have very fine, color-treated hair and this product did not work at all in my hair. It was okay for a while after I washed it, but over the course of time my hair became knotty (which my hair has a tendency to do when I do not use a heavier conditioner). The smell is really nice, but overall I feel that the consistency of the conditioner is too light and does not actually condition. My hair does not feel smooth afterwards. Since I have the finest hair out of all people I know, I cannot imagine who could actually use this conditioner and get the desired result.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS:
1. it really does gives volume to my hair! :D
2. smells like sweet ginger
3. light consistency

CONS:
1. $63
2. needs a lot to apply on big or thick hairs