July 31, 2014 | 1020 users online

Lip Gloss - mark - Juice Gems - Lemon Sugar

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark.'s Lemon Sugar Juice Gems is a gloss that was exclusive to their Juicy Details gift set, which I purchased for $5.75, and contained this gloss, and a Self Sanctuary 3-in-1 shampoo, body wash, and bubble bath. Juice Gems usually retail for $6.50 for .5fl oz of gloss. Mark products are made in the USA and not tested on animals. As I've stated multiple times, Juice Gems is my favorite lip gloss line, so get ready for a glowing review. n_n
Mark.'s Juice Gems are packaged in a clear squeeze tube with dark brown cap. The lettering on the tube is white, which is kinda hard to see, especially on Lemon Sugar. I think brown lettering would be easier to see, be more unique, and be a little unexpected. Brown isn't seen that much in makeup packaging.
Juice Gems have a slant tip applicator, which is my favorite type. Mark. used to have a weird, fuzzy slant tip applicator that was gross and felt weird, so these new plastic ones are especially enjoyed.
Juice Gems have a thick, smooth, sticky texture that applies easily. Many people aren't fond of glosses with such a dense formula, but I like it, it keeps me from rubbing my lips together too much, or licking them.
Lemon Sugar is a pretty unique color in the lip gloss world, and definitely a surprising one for Mark., who tends to keep their colors very safe. Lemon Sugar is a soft, pastel yellow with plenty of bright yellow and gold micro glitter suspended in it. The glitter does transfer to the lips, but appears much more subtly than it does in the tube. Obviously, Lemon Sugar is sheer. What is the point of a sheer, yellow gloss? For warming up cool, blue toned lip colors. It also adds a beautiful golden hue to red lipsticks. Like all Juice Gems, Lemon Sugar has an ultra shiny, patent leather shine.
Lemon Sugar tastes almost like Ginger Ale to me. Or some sort of carbonated lemonade drink, like Lift, which really needs to be sold in the US, just sayin'. It gives a fun, tingly feeling on the lips, that feels like it could have some sort of plumping action, but I doubt it, since there's nothing on the packaging or website that would indicate that this is a plumping gloss. Also, Lemon Sugar burns horribly if worn on chapped lips. I found it out the hard way.
Because of Juice Gem's thick, sticky texture, they wear for a good bit of time. With Lemon Sugar, I get about 2 hours of super glossy shine, and additional hour of dried down, semi-gloss wear.
I really like Lemon Sugar and find myself reaching for it way more often that I thought I would. If you can still track it down somewhere, I suggest getting it. It's fun to try out of the ordinary lip colors, even if they're sheer. Lemon Sugar is particularly fun, because of the effect it gives different lipsticks. Mark. Juice Gems have an excellent formula, and are available for a good price. I've yet to find a gloss that can compare.