July 29, 2014 | 1833 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Blackest Black

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by spirovelvet

It is a very good gel eyeliner, IT'S waterproof but IT'S NOT smudge proof. If you rub your eyeliner it will smudge and at the end of the day I had raccoon eyes and it transfers to my eyelid. It works great if you use it underneath a liquid eyeliner because basically you can draw the lines because is less messy than liquid eyeliner.
And it's not blackest black, I have to apply two sometimes even three layers to be really black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised to see so many bad reviews here, as this stuff works really, really well for me. I am most experienced with pencil liners, but like gel as well. I'd tried several (MAC was my favorite) but found that most weren't black enough for my tastes. This is DEFINITELY very black, so I was pleased with that. It's also much cheaper than MAC. Stays on forever but doesn't irritate my eyes. A little hard to get the hang of using, but that's been true of most gels for me so far. The little brush that comes with it is pretty crappy but usable in a pinch. Definitely a lot of bang for your buck; I haven't had great results with Maybelline in general in the past, but this is a gem.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by swtlitchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bleh, not a favorite of this gel eyeliner. I had previously been using the L'Oreal HIP stuff- I think it is discontinued and then swapped over to pencil for a while. I gave this Maybelline eyeliner a try and thought it wasn't a bad bonus to have a travel cheapo brush at hand- pretty much the only reason that I thought to buy it as an impulse buy.

However, I have yet to use the brush- so I can't give any reviews on it's performance. The product however is a total failure. I don't like that it doesn't seem to set- the previous gel eyeliner I had was very creamy to apply to the brush and then to my lids. This one seems to be stiffer in the pot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing until I tried to form a smooth line on my lid. A lot of tugging is involved. And the worst of it is that I apply it, and then it didn't set to dry well. After a few hours, my mom let me know that I had "panda eyes" where the liner had transferred to the undereye area- talk about embarassing. And then after wiping that away, I proceeded to go about my day. Last night I test it by dragging my finger across the outer edge of the lid/liner- and it smudges right away AFTER TEN HOURS OF WEAR!!! Not great, and also not the blackest of blacks. The amount in the container is also not as much as the L'Oreal HIP one.... but again I think that is disc. Will have to see if I can find a better drug store gel liner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tossing this in the garbage. Worst gel liner I've ever used. Smudges and ends up all over my eye/lid/lower lid, everywhere, with primer. NO THANKS! Sticking to MAC and BB.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by PinkPuma

This is a pretty good liner. It's very black, which I love. The jar is big so it lasts forever. I only use it for my top lash line, but it's hard to get right on the lash line. It has to be combed out of the lashes since it leaves a mascara type deposit on them and clumps. It fades somewhat easily so it requires some touching up. Absolutely do not use a lash curler after you apply it or it comes almost all the way off. I prefer the felt tip liner to this but it's still pretty good. I guess there's a learning curve here

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by BangaloreBengaluru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by arameep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's not bad for a gel liner. It stays on pretty well. It still smudges on the outer corners of my eyes though, like every single gel liner I've ever tried. But this one works decently well overall. I went through a gel eyeliner phase where I tried a bunch of them. Including: Mac Fluidline, Kryolan HD cream liner, Camera Ready gel eyeliner, Maybelline Eyestudio gel eyeliner, Skinfood gel eyeliner. This eyeliner and the Skinfood one were my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

Love this product . it works really well . I love the brush that it comes with . If I add eyeliner to my top eyelid I will use a different brush . It last all day which is really good . The only problem is that I wish it wasn't so much money because it seems like you only have a little bit of product in it and the jar is really cute but make sure you close the cap on really good or else it will dry out . I would use the E.L.F cream liner a lot and in that one it has a lot more product then the Maybelline eyeliner . would I buy this again ? only 50 percent of me would but only if it had more product in It but other than that its really good

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by lilyrose93

I really enjoy this liner. It tends to smudge by the end of the day and I usually have to apply halfway through the day to keep it looking fresh but other than that I think it's a great value for the product. I use this every day and it has lasted me about 7 months or more before I have to buy a new one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really wanted to like this but I couldn't. Pros: The packaging and the consistency was pretty creamy, so no drying out. Cons: Damn thing smudged and faded before I even put on the rest of my makeup and this was with a good eyelid primer! :( Everyone keeps talking about WnW's gel eyeliner, maybe I'll go try that instead.