Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Blackest Black

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WHERE HAS THIS EYELINER BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! I have seriously purchased high-end Nars, Urban Decay, Lancome and Butter London brands for $20+ and in the meanwhile this drugstore product for about $8-$10 has been in every CVS that I have walked through and haven't even noticed it.

I am so happy I came across a YouTube Makeup Tutorial where the MUA was using this product. Now that I have purchased it myself, I see why MUA's even use it! It's literally close to perfect. The creamy smooth gel stays on the eyelids and for maximum wear make sure to use a eyeshadow primer like the popular NYX eyeshadow base. It works like a charm and makes this eyeliner last for the whole day!!!

Love this so much! It's my favorite thing to use to line my eyes because pencil tugs my eyes so much, liquid eyeliner bleeds a lot, but gel liner like theses are great! So worth the price and it last a long time, not bad at all for a drugstore gel liner, it beats some of the high end ones I've tried!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love this liner. It's pretty black and creamy. Lasts pretty long on my eyes and in the pot but will eventually dry out. I always set my gel liners with black eyeshadow and doesn't budge. I enjoy and would repurchase however I prefer the L'Oréal one bc it's a blacker black and NEVER dries out. seriously had it for a year and tossed it bc it was old but still perfectly creamy.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is currently my go-to eyeliner. I've been using it everyday for a few years now and love it. The colour is nice and my winged liner stays put without budging. I don't recommend using the brush included however - I find it too soft and round to draw on a perfect wing so I use my own eyeliner brush instead. The formula also dries up quite quickly in the pot :( Thankfully, the product is cheap enough to replace easily and it would definitely last a long time if it didn't dry up so quickly. Also wouldn't recommend for super dramatic looks - liquid liner would probably suit better!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I picked this up at the drugstore after asking one of the beauty experts to recommend a high-end gel eyeliner for me. She told me that this one was better and much cheaper. I do like the formula, I find it stayed creamy and usable for many months, and it will probably last me forever unless it dries out. However, I find that it still smudges! I don't know if it's because I haven't found a good primer yet, but I noticed that the liner will start to ride up into my crease due to my oily eyelids. Otherwise, it lasts all day and my winged looks don't usually move/fade away. I'd probably repurchase if I found a good primer that keeps my eyelids from getting so oily... any suggestions?!! PM me :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

It's not the blackest black maybe the greyest black. I have to reapply to make it really black and sometimes that can get messy. But it's easy to work with, it's waterproof, it lasts all day and the formula it's great. The brush it's OK. L'oreal gel eyeliner it's better cause It's really black, the formula is better and even the brush is better.

I have some pros and cons for this product.

What I like:
-Highly pigmented
-Long lasting

What I do not:
-Too thick = it is not very creamy so you constantly have to dip the brush in it and apply it in small strokes because you run out of product.
-You will need another brush

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Right now my makeup obsession is winged eyeliner! At first I used a pencil, that was a disaster! Then I decided to try using an eyeliner pen. While it worked okay I always felt that I had limited control. Plus, my wings rarely turned out even. Prior to using this product I had always believed that gel eyeliner would be the hardest to use. The brush and pot intimidated me, so I avoided it. But after a self pep talk and some intense stretches, I finally gave in and tried it. To my surprise, it was by far the easiest way for me to achieve dramatic wings. Before purchasing this it took me about 10 minutes to apply my eyeliner with a pen, now five minutes tops. The numbers don't lie, this stuff is the nectar of Gods! The formula is so black, creamy, and goes a long way. I have used about half the pot in 3 months, but that is doing thick wings everyday! But use with cation! Let the liner dry a bit before you start to make facial expressions, no kidding pretend you have botox! This stuff will transfer everywhere and destroy your eyeshadow, so wait about a minute. This stuff looks crisp and percise even at the end of the day. It takes a lot of effort to take off because it is so pigmented! I would recommend this to anyone that wants to achieve bold winged liner looks.

I really like this eyeliner. I've been using it every day for probably a little over a year. I've only bought two pots, which goes to show that I little bit really goes a long way! I used to use Sephora's cream liner and while it was okay, it dried up very quickly. This stuff continues to stay moist and it's about $6 cheaper. I like the dark color of it, but it does smudge and crease a bit throughout the day. I found a solution though! I just run over it lightly with some liquid eyeliner and it makes it look darker and it makes it last all day! The brush it comes with is amazing too. It provides a thin line that can be built up. I really like the stuff and I'd recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like it . Not love it. It smears a bit but can be easily cleaned

Video Reviews & Tutorials