November 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Blackest Black

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

Haaa! I didn't even know this was a gel liner because I've had it for several months and within a week or so, the consistency was so dry and chalky that "gel" was the furthest thing from my mind when looking for a descriptive word for this stuff. I'd describe it as more of a cream when new, and after owning it for a bit, although being tightly capped, it dries into a chunky, chalky mess inside the pot. The brush it came with does an alright job of applying the product, but it's so hard and stiff...it isn't very kind to your eyes. If I use this, I apply it with the slanted eyeliner brush from Eco Tools. I don't really like the formula either...it doesn't apply very cleanly, smudges badly, and goes on too thick for my taste. The good thing about this product is that you get quite a bit inside the pot, so it's not a total rip-off. But that's if you enjoy it long enough to actually keep it until it's used up. The only other gel liner I've owned also dried up to a petrified rock inside the pot, so I'm not sure if that's typical or if because I've only bought the drugstore variety. Maybe a higher end gel liner would be of better quality? I'll never know, because my short stint with them are over lol. Back to the felt tip liners I go!

Will NOT repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, I hate this product. I wanted to take a break from liquid eyeliners for a little while and see what all the fuss about gel liners was. I've tried a few gel liners, but this one was by far the worst. First of all, I do want to mention that the color is really nice. But that's the only thing I like about this liner. The formula is thick and sticky and does not apply well. It has a tendency to glob, even when I don't apply a lot at a time. It doesn't even dry! No matter how long I let it sit and dry, it never does. As soon as I stop squinting and open my eyes, it gets on my eyelids every time. And I have dry lids! Not oily! I absolutely had this stuff. Never ever buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Peachedpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't really review this product much because it dried out within 48 hours of me opening it. However, my first impression when I used it was that I liked the creamy consistency. It was very pigment but not too pigmented, and very build able. I don't recommend using the brush it comes with if you have almond shaped eyes as I found it was oddly shaped and too stiff to get a nice thin line. Overall the product was decent but the lasting power was not.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily eyelids and a light brown complexion and this just doesn't do it for me. Smudges every time and appears dark grey on my eyes. I don't mind the colour as it is soft on my older skin, but I mind the smudging very much.

I tried it once before a few years ago, and thought I'd give it another go as it was half price. Won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Molls32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
-The color stays dark, no fading.
-Easy to apply.
-The price is reasonable.

Cons:
-Smudges every time.
-Not waterproof.

I would give this a better review if the eyeliner didn't end up all over my face every single time. I don't have oily eyes, in fact my skin is very dry. I am disappointed since the formula seems to work pretty well besides the smudging. I do work outside and sweat a lot, but it also does this when I don't sweat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by jjuulliieemm

Love love love this!!!! Firstly, unlike most other eyeliners, "blackest black" ACTUALLY MEANS "BLACKEST BLACK"!!! I am so sick of putting on a so called "black" eyeliner, only to find out that it is brown, or grey, or charcoal, or any other colour which is NOT BLACK!!! Also, it is soo long lasting!!! I have worn it in the shower (haven't yet been fearless enough to wear it out to the beach, just in case) and after 2.5 hours, a temperature of 40 degrees Celsius or higher, and me rubbing my eyes, it only smudged a little bit!! In saying that, it is still possible to remove it (I use Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1). Also, since it is so long lasting, it can get dried out especially if you leave it open for a while, but nothing a few eye drops can't fix! I will probably continue to repurchase this until the day I die (or until it is discontinued, but even so, I think that will be the day I die...LOL).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by spirovelvet

It is a very good gel eyeliner, IT'S waterproof but IT'S NOT smudge proof. If you rub your eyeliner it will smudge and at the end of the day I had raccoon eyes and it transfers to my eyelid. It works great if you use it underneath a liquid eyeliner because basically you can draw the lines because is less messy than liquid eyeliner.
And it's not blackest black, I have to apply two sometimes even three layers to be really black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised to see so many bad reviews here, as this stuff works really, really well for me. I am most experienced with pencil liners, but like gel as well. I'd tried several (MAC was my favorite) but found that most weren't black enough for my tastes. This is DEFINITELY very black, so I was pleased with that. It's also much cheaper than MAC. Stays on forever but doesn't irritate my eyes. A little hard to get the hang of using, but that's been true of most gels for me so far. The little brush that comes with it is pretty crappy but usable in a pinch. Definitely a lot of bang for your buck; I haven't had great results with Maybelline in general in the past, but this is a gem.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by swtlitchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bleh, not a favorite of this gel eyeliner. I had previously been using the L'Oreal HIP stuff- I think it is discontinued and then swapped over to pencil for a while. I gave this Maybelline eyeliner a try and thought it wasn't a bad bonus to have a travel cheapo brush at hand- pretty much the only reason that I thought to buy it as an impulse buy.

However, I have yet to use the brush- so I can't give any reviews on it's performance. The product however is a total failure. I don't like that it doesn't seem to set- the previous gel eyeliner I had was very creamy to apply to the brush and then to my lids. This one seems to be stiffer in the pot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing until I tried to form a smooth line on my lid. A lot of tugging is involved. And the worst of it is that I apply it, and then it didn't set to dry well. After a few hours, my mom let me know that I had "panda eyes" where the liner had transferred to the undereye area- talk about embarassing. And then after wiping that away, I proceeded to go about my day. Last night I test it by dragging my finger across the outer edge of the lid/liner- and it smudges right away AFTER TEN HOURS OF WEAR!!! Not great, and also not the blackest of blacks. The amount in the container is also not as much as the L'Oreal HIP one.... but again I think that is disc. Will have to see if I can find a better drug store gel liner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tossing this in the garbage. Worst gel liner I've ever used. Smudges and ends up all over my eye/lid/lower lid, everywhere, with primer. NO THANKS! Sticking to MAC and BB.