August 31, 2014 | 1314 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance SPF 15 Day Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I found this product I had been hunting for ages trying to find a good day moisturizer that wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin while providing adequate moisture. This product is delicate and effective. I have oily/combo skin, yet still have dry patches. I have tried many face lotions and many of them have broken my skin out. However, this lotion balanced out my skin without any negative side affects.
It moisturizes effectively for the first few hours you wear it. You might need to reapply after 5 hours or so if your skin is extremely dry, as this lotion is not a heavy moisturizer. It has a pleasant scent when you apply it, but the smell does fade quickly. The lotion goes on smooth, blends well, and absorbs quickly, requiring only one or two pumps out of the bottle. It leaves your skin looking touchable and well... radiant. The SPF 15 is and added bonus!
I use it in the morning, allowing time for it to absorb before I apply makeup. It is also gentle enough to use before bedtime too.
The packaging is nice as well. The bottle is made of thick glass with a pump dispenser on top. It comes boxed in a quiant little thing, which provides a description and ingredients list. Overall, it is a well presented product for the money.
While this product is discontinued, I have used the "replacement" which has SPF 7. I have found that to be a good moisturizer too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Retaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using the reformulation of this (now it's SPF 7) for a few weeks now. It's a very light moisturizer, so it might not suit dryer skinned people.

It does leave a light white cast on your face due to the sunscreen being a physical block rather than a chemical. I'm very pale, so this doesn't bother me that much. It actually makes my pale skin look better, in my opinion, and that's the main reason that I like this moisturizer. My sensitive skin tends to look a little red, and the slight white tint combats that. I just like the way it makes my skin look. It doesn't give the shiny look that a lot of moisturizers do, rather it's matte and slightly white tinted.

It feels slightly sticky as well, but seeing as I'm used to wearing sticky physical block sunscreen everyday, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. If you hate the stickyness of this, you'd probably want a moisturizer with chemical blocks rather than physical.

I haven't tried putting it under foundation (I VERY rarely wear makeup), but I imagine the white cast might interfere with the color of the foundation.

It smells lovely, though it might be a little strong for some people. It doesn't seem to break me out, either. Overall, it is a nice product, fitting my very specific needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by cocorawr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, they're changing the formula and price - from SPF 15 to SPF 7, and I think the price goes up a few dollars. BOO!

I really, really liked this moisturizer. My friend recommended it because of how it left your skin feeling (nice and cool, from the jelly). It had a decent amount of SPF in it (I'm sad they brought the SPF amount down), as well as not leaving your face feeling sticky, oily, or a white cast on it. If it felt a little thick when I got towards the end of the bottle, I'd mix it with some regular aloe vera gel from Walgreens and good as new! Never broke me out, didn't quite keep me matte (but I attribute that to sweat from extreme heat; in the winter, it's wonderful!), and smells pretty neutral. NO COMPLAINTS!

I'm sad, as I said, that they're changing it up. I never realized that I had found such a nice moisturizer for my skin; now the daunting task of finding another good moisturizer for around the same price with the same or more SPF is so discouraging - hearing stories and reviews of breaking out and all - I dread it! My skin is more or less at a good place right now, and I cringe at the thought of disrupting it. Oh well, I really don't think the new product of Burt's Bees (with a drop in SPF and an increase in price...and I think there's less product in the bottle?) is worth staying with it, so I'm off to try others. I guess I could always come back and try it if I don't find anything else, but there's gotta be better out there for the price, SPF, and amount of product. I'll find it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

This moisturizer is an ok one.
The good things about this moisturizer is that it smells heavenly, its natural, the packaging is pretty and it has an spf of 15. The bad things are that the moisturizer contains a white powder that sits/ settles at the bottom, so before you use it you have to shake it well. The moisturizer may sometimes be hard to spread/ blend in, and can feel/ get sticky. My skin doesn't exactly absorb the lotion and once it has settled on my skin, the powder in it tends to clump up, or crease, or make streaks. After a while of using this moisturizer it gave me blemishes here and there. Even though I said the packaging was pretty, it tends to get messy, and the pump can be a pain to work with at times. it may give to much or to little product, or get clogged. if the product is almost finish it gets difficult to get the lotion from the bottom because the straw/tube for the pump is only so long. its quite pricy for the amount of lotion you get , but I guess its pricey because its natural. I personally didn't like this product and wont repurchase it, but everyone has different skin and it does hurt to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by MiaGordon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product! Feels great on skin and moisturizes too without feeling greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by omgariellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been searching for a SPF lotion that doesn't irritate or inflame my skin or make me look greasy and I finally have found It!!! My skin is so glowy when I use this and it's never a greasy look. I haven't broken out from it which is perf. I love this so much. Oh the ONLY CON face feels a little stickyish after application but is totally fine within 10 mins so it's not a big prob

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by elizakitty

I was so surprised to read all the negative reviews! I have primarily dry skin, and every other moisturizer I tried--especially hyped-up ones like Neutrogena's (love their cleansing products but hate their lotions)--left my skin just as dry or broke it out. The first time I ever used this, my boyfriend said, "Wow, you look so glowy!" I've gone through 2 bottles since. I use it every day, and while I don't think it's as effective in winter--my skin seems to drink it all up and still feel dry--overall, I love it and can feel (and see) how much it hydrates my skin. And someone said it has "sparkles"? Not true at all, I believe mica is an ingredient but I have never noticed any sheen or glitter after using this for a year. Plus, built-in SPF. I definitely recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this but it left my dark skin with white streaks from the spf agent in it. i had to mix this with a drop of my liquid foundation to combat this.Overall an okay daily moisturizer but not suited from darker skin tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Sultaana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Burt's Bees and I wanted to move away from my Equate Aveeno knockoff moisturizer with SPF for something containing more natural ingredients. Unfortunately, this product felt awful on my skin. It is a very thin, soupy moisturizer that leaves that awkward, greasy, and shiny film that never quite soaks in that most of my body sunscreens leave behind. Putting makeup on top of this made me look extra shiny. A very huge disappointment!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by seenenough

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff made my skin look terrible, especially the sensitive skin on my forehead. It gave me little white bumps all over the area, which fortunately went away after I stopped using it. I also didn't like the fragrance.