November 21, 2014 | 1737 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Infallible - Continuous Cocoa 891

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by geisha36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loove this eye shadow. it is versatile and a also a good dupe for the higher priced mac brun, my hair is highlighted but the base is a very dark cool toned brown just like continuous cocoa. texture is a dream, not powdery neither creamy, just perfect for my eyes. versatile little pot of shadow!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm afraid I'm among those who were utterly disappointed in this. I have the taupe one and that works beautifully for me. But this one is a total failure. To begin with, in spite of the color it's not half as pigmented as I expected it to be. I wanted to use this as a liner, but it is very wishy washy. As Becky12 said, forget using a brush with this. I tried using it on top of the taupe one, but it barely showed. I used it on its own and it was a mess. And it crumbles like a Saltine! Did I mention it crumbles? Pity I lost the receipt. I would gladly have exchanged it. A total miss.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, sort of grayish dark brown. It looks much better when applied w sponge-tip applicator or fingertips than with a brush. Good for lining the eyes, but my favorite use is to use as a brow filler. I have very dark hair and brows but they're not quite black; this is the perfect dark dark brown shade.
As a shadow, I don't really like this; it's impossible to blend and always looks patchy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this one to see if I could match it to MAC's Brun eye shadow and it's almost a good match. I use this as an eyeliner and in the outer corners of my eyes. I have also used this all over the lid and I'm super pleased with the shade's versatility this way. It blends wonderfully, however when I did apply it to the whole lid, the formula does crease after four hours or so HOWEVER, what I can say is that if I apply it in the outer corners where shadow doesn't crease as much I was able to see that this formula doesn't fade. I have very oily lids and I find the all shadows crease just under the brow bone for me...but on the outer corner not so much.

So I am pleased to announce that if you don't have oily lids, this formula will likely stick to you a lot longer. :-)

I picked up three shades, I'll likely continue to buy from this line. I haven't experienced any broken shadow in the pots yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Clo0107

This is a great almost black matte eye shadow. It is a little hard to blend though. I saw someone said they use it for the brows, i think i might try that. This is my go to smudge color for the lower lash line too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by distinewatso123

This is a nice cool toned brown shadow that I like to use two ways.

1.)I like to use this as eyeliner on days when I want simple eye makeup.

2.)On days when I want a darker but still natural matte look I pack this is on my lids using my finger (I don't bother using a brush with any of these shadows I find that it just doesn't apply well that way) concentrating it towards my lash line. I use a lighter matte brown in my crease and apply mascara and I'm good to go.

This shade, like all the others I've tried from the line, lasts all day on top of primer. These are the best shadows at the drug store!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I was expecting this to have much better, fuller pigment! It shows up very washed out.. there's not much color to it. I tried applying with a wet eyeshadow wand and then my finger tip and still not what I was hoping for. Forget using a brush on this stuff. Mostly upset that I paid quite a bit for this product when $4 products have worked much better. :( If you want something that last with better color, try the CoverGirl color tattoo eyeshadow. I was much happier with that purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my perfect brow filler! In the pan there's a hint of shimmer so at first I was hesitant to use it as a brow powder. But once it's swatched it's a dark matte, cool-toned brown. It's pigmented but not to the point where it makes my eyebrows look fake, and I have no trouble blending it in. And the best part is, it stays on all day, I've also been using it as a liner. And even though I usually stick to black gel liner, this is starting to grow on me as an eyeliner as well. It's a versatile color with good quality and long staying power. It's quickly become a staple in my make up bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

The shade reminds me a lot of MAC's Brun--a very dark, almost blackened matte brown. The MAC eyeshadow, incidentally, is a bit hard to blend, but I now make good use of it as an eyebrow filler. Continuous Cocoa also doesn't blend as well as the other Infallible eyeshadows, but I find it manageable. It's easier to apply with the fingertip or sponge applicator, and the shade itself is a softer alternative for black when you want to do a smokey eye. It's also considerably easier to apply than Brun, as well as a few bucks cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Stunning, like the other infallible eyeshadows. Needs to be applied with fingers, definitely not a brush as it won't transfer at all from the brush to lids. Will last all day, super versatile colour and not too sparkly. Gorgeous.