November 27, 2014 | 1553 users online

Eyeliner - Tom Ford - Noir Absolue For Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by beatricerex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't on planning on buying any makeup (only smelling some perfumes) on the Bergdorf Goodman beauty floor, but some extremely aggressive Tom Ford associates sucked me in and I wound up buying this plus some lipstick. Fortunately I love the product.

It's surprisingly dry, dryer than most gel eyeliners, and you need a very stiff brush to apply it -- ideally a flat-topped one with short bristles. With the right brush it goes on dark, precise, and easy, and doesn't budge once it's on. It's the only eyeliner I've been able to do a half-decent tightline or cat eye with. However, because it's so dry, you might find yourself brushing away crumbles.

In the pot, the colour looks dark blue with a bit of shimmer. On my face it reads as matte black. If I don't wash it off in the evening it's 100% unchanged the next morning, not a speck out of place.

So, overall, this is an excellent product -- but don't even bother with it if you don't have a good, stiff brush to apply it with. They will definitely try to get you to drop $$$ for one at the TF counter but you can probably find a less expensive option elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by dammitbear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

GOOD EYELINER. BUT FOR THE COST I COULD BUY 1 MAC WHICH IS JUST AS GOOD AND 1 BOBBI BROWN WHICH IS ALSO JUST AS GOOD.
DON'T WASTE YOR MONEY - I GOT SUCKED IN BY THE BRAND, I WANTED A TOM FORD BUT I WAS NOTHING SPECIAL. SAVE MONEY & CHOOSE BOBBI BROWN OR MAC.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate to dampen the reviews on this product. I received mine from Nordstrom and it was on the eve of a planned business trip.

I put it into my carry on, box and all. I was excited to try it on my trip. When I opened the box on arrival, I was so sad to see it was shrunken and although it is supposed to be dense it was actually hard. I had not brought my other gel liners and had to put a face on for a presentation -- so I put some Bifacil (Lancome) on it and let it rest for the night. In the morning, it was just as dense but slightly more pliable but I had to use it as I had no choice.

I think the color is wonderful -- but easily dupeable if you were to use a black from BB or MaC Blacktrack and mix with either a YSL navy gel liner or a Lancome navy gel liner, you could easily get a similar efffect. Yes, I have and do mix gel liners and get outstanding results in color. Don't be afraid to try it.

Although I think I got a dud -- the color of this is good but not that outstanding. The texture reminds me of the Cle de Peau which is also denser and more dry than either a BBrown, MAC or YSL (whose gel liners are tops). I bought it for the color, and yes, since I test so many products wanted to test drive the Tom Ford.

Sadly, I was not rewarded and will not purchase again, Especially at TF prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by flaubert

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There hasn't been a day I haven't used this since I bought it six months ago. It's a denser cream, ebony with a hint of blue. I use it under my lashes and push it into them. Once there, it's there absolutely until the end of the day when you remove it. It never flakes or smudges. I also use it under my lower lashes and immediately wipe with a damp q-tip to get a perfect, natural, and all-day permanent line. I bought the Tom Ford brush they suggest for it which is good if I want to smudge a little of this on top of Nars Thunderball, but I primarily use an old Paula Dorf angled eyebrow brush to apply. After six months, I'm about a third of the way through, so I think it hasn't been a bad investment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great liner - gives you the cat's eye. But, once again, do I reach for it when I need to use a brush, etc? All my BB's get dried out because I get sick of using the brush. But this liner is fantastic. I have the pencils for lining the inside of the eye, and this is not for that, but it is for creating that perfect line. Make sure you use a good brush. The Tom Ford lady told me to turn over the product now and then, keep flipping it, something about keeping the oils all over it - not drying out. It'll last forever that way.

***EDIT*** May 13, 2014. Yup, dried out a while ago. I used it, I kept flipping it, it is solid as a rock. It wasn't in a dry place, it dried out like all my BB's do. Disappointing. Very disappointing. No more of these types of liners again. I want my pan liners back!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great for creating a smokey eye & giving depth & definition. It's a deep black with a hint of sapphire blue which brings out the white in your eyes. It's quite an unusual product it's a bit like a gel eyeliner but I'd say a little dryer. It stays on all day without smudging or dropping.
I think it is going to last me a long long time! I've had it for a few months & use it often but I've hardly made a dent in it so all though it seems expensive I think it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by cgopan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing eyeliner---especially when used with the suggested brush. The color is indescribable. If you are a fan of Bobbi Brown gel liner, you will be thrilled with this one. I truly hope this stays product stays on the market a long time. After 2 weeks of using it, I don't know how I ever lived without it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although this new TF product initially appears to be just another gel/cream eyeliner in a jar, it's quite an improvement over all the other gel/cream eyeliners I've used. It's a REALLY intense, deep blue/black. You can wear it alone or over a pencil eyeliner. I like using a pencil first as the pencil line creates an easy base for an even, but much more intense look. This product has a harder, more dense (less creamy/fluffy) texture than other liner creams and gels so you do need an angled or pointed brush to apply, but it's not hard to put on and it doesn't hurt or tug on eyelids. Once it's on, it stays on for hours and hours without smudges or flakes. And you need so little on your liner brush for complete coverage, the jar should last for years if kept tightly sealed. I love using this with shadow for a truly glamorous smokey eye or to create a neat thin line with just mascara for a more casual look. It also works beautifully to dot on close to the lash line (without pencil) to make lashes stand out more. And, it's particularly great for those like me who wear glasses because it really defines your eyes behind the specs!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No