November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict - Rose Scenario

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by disintegration89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

more like a question...has dior a dupe of this lipstick in any of its ranges? i know i could look for it on the net but after so much time discontinued id rather not...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Rose Scenario is a nice nude pink lipstick. I like it, it evens out my lips nicely and gives just a bit of color. I love the Dior Addict lipstick formula. Very creamy, good coverage, and I find it lasts well. Longer than others at least! This is a beautiful color, and I've looked at many to find the perfect one, this is it. I'm going to buy a few more as Dior is discontinuing all shades of Dior Addict and coming out with completely new lipstick shades under the Dior Addict name, sometime next year. Make sure to stock up ladies!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 5:14:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rose Scenario is a pinkish beige color that just doesn't work for me. It's a boring color. I have many other nude-ish colors that have that little extra something, this one is just boring. This one barely shows up on my lips, and they are not very pigmented at all.

The lasting power is pretty good, texture is okay. However, I don't like the scent and I wish these were more moisturizing. This lipstick feels kinda dry on my lips.

I am not going to repurchase this lipstick. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very cute pinkish beige, a definite color to wear when you want to wear lipstick without screaming that you have makeup on. As I have mentioned in another review, this color is not unlike CD beige box office. I like it, but I like all Dior lipsticks for their wearability and the way I can dress them up or down. I can go out in this lipstick fully made up or with nothing else on. I think Dior makes the best nudes and barely there colors for my skin tone (NC15 total ppp). Another plus is that it doesn't make your teeth turn yellow like so many nudes and paler lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2007 4:56:00 AM More reviews by DivineL

i bought this lippie after careful consideration from MUA. i went to nordies and tried it on, and thought i'd give it a chance. i did notice the hint of slight green sheen that another review mentioned. the day that i went, the MA was a girl that works for Dior, not nordies, and i asked her if she could detect a weird sheen. she said no. i wore it to the chanel counter and asked their MA, she also said no. so i just that it was interesting, i could bc i was looking for it, but from other ppl, it was non-existent. i bought it, and so far so good. i like it. it's has a creamy texture that feels slightly heavy (but i don't mind it). it has good coverage and shows up on me as MLBB. however many of the lippies that i have in rotation at the moment do. this one seems to be more nude than pink than some of my other ones. i took one lippie off, bc it's to early to say that this is HG material. i can't say for sure that i will re-purchase bc, simply put there are so many other colors and formulas to try. i'm curious to what other shades are worth trying from dior.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with the previous reviewer who didn't like Rose Scenario. I am really rather annoyed with myself: I bought this one "in person" at the store (Macy's) and didn't figure out that I wasn't going to like it. Not one of my best moves! It is too pale. The shimmer it has (looks kind of goldish to me) is nice in and of itself, but adds to the paleness. So overall it fails to give me what I need from a lipstick, which is the suggestion that I HAVE lips....I am one of those who can look a bit corpselike at times. I look better without Rose Scenario than with it! A total bust for me. Macy's is going to have to take it back.
Oddly, with some of Chanel's lipsticks that are pale and peachy like this, I still look okay (I'm thinking of some of the Aqualumieres.) Don't know why!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lnajaar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in the same boat as the person who wrote that this color was an "Expensive Mistake". I studied all the colors online and crossed my fingers before ordering. This color is much duller than my natural lip color and those blue sparkles add an ashy lifeless cast. It was also a great deal more frosted than I expected. If you need a lipcolor to add life to your face, this isn't it. I honestly found the color very unattractive. The formula was nice, but not earth-shatteringly unattainable at a lower price. Didn't like the smell either. I have to wonder how much of the purchase price goes toward the luxe packaging. The only reason I would rate this at even a two, is for having a decent formula and feel. I am truly mystified by the raves for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kathy_in_california

I just purchased my second CD Rose Scenario lipstick yesterday - and I rarely purchase the same lipstick twice as I'm always looking for that perfect color - well this one is definately at the top of my list. After I bought the first one at Sephora, I was kind of wondering if maybe it was jusy another pricey makeup mistake. I wore it a couple of times, then set it aside for a while - when I reached for it again I realized what an absolutely terrific nude it is - a pinkish beige with some shine that goes on beautifully! Rose Scenario is almost always with me - it's perfect with a smokey eye, but equally wonderful on it's own when I'm walking the dog, slathered in sunblock - it ads that touch of glamour without being inappropriate! A fabulous lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 5:15:00 AM More reviews by heaven07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A ylbb shade which is very versatile shade that looks great for a natural look or lovely with a smoky eye. It is a pinky beige colour with a slight shimmer. It is one of the only lipsticks that I have bought more than once it is a staple lipstick and perfect for those days when you are in a hurry as it always works!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2006 4:55:00 AM More reviews by beckibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Once again, I got this for Christmas. I read reviews here about this being a perfect nude shade so had to put it on the list. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with this. I really wanted this to work for me too, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on my lips which are fairly pigmented. Even when I put foundation and concealer over my lips it didn't show the colour. I only got this two days ago so I will be sure to update if I crack the secret of making this look good, but until then I am disappointed with this product. EDIT: As promised, I am updating as I have found that I can use my very reliable Chanel Glossimer in Blizzard over this to make it look presentable. I have not upped the rating though as it seems this is just not the right colour for me.