September 2, 2014 | 1850 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kate Somerville - Clinic-to-Go Resurfacing Peel Pads

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this, but they didn't do a thing for me. No noticeable difference whatsoever. The packaging is innovative, but if you're looking for a treatment to brighten and give you glowing skin, I would look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kiimii82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product!!! I have recently been struggling with really dry, flaky skin either from aging (I'm turning 31 soon) or postpartum hormones. I gave up on wearing foundations because no matter what formula or brand I used, it would just magnify the dry patches and fine lines.

So, I tried this peel on a whim after giving up on Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel and Ole Henricksen Power Peel. The first was too harsh on my skin and I didn't see any real improvement. The Power Peel felt great but was a bit time consuming and the results were short lived.

But, this peel was ahhhhhhhmazing! It is not time consuming. I apply post shower, leave on for two minutes and rinse. It does sting which I don't mind. But, my skin is so smooth and glows afterwards! I noticed an immediate improvement on any acne, blackheads were reduced and even inflammation was calmed. I even applied foundation and for the first time in months I had no dry patches!

I did try cutting the rounds in two to try and extend the use but the product kind of lost its buffing quality.

Seriously, this peel is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kbohaty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to jump on the "at home peel" bandwagon and read about this in Allure so I gave it a try. For my money, this product is GREAT. First off - ease of use: the packaging couldn't be easier, you just stick your fingers into a little pouch and peel off the wrapper on the front then wipe in circles on your face. Each box comes with two "cycles" (you use it twice a week for four weeks) which is why I love that they are individually pacakged so you can use one cycle and hold off on the other for a later date (which is what I did, used about 2 months later and the product had not dried out at all). A slight tingling on the face but nothing bothersome.
Second, the results: you leave on for just a few minutes and rinse off. Immediately my face was SO smooth and exfoliated. I tend to get little dry patches/flakes in certain areas and this wiped them all right away. Over time, I noticed my skin was brighter and more even. I never had any breakouts or ill-effects from the product (and for the record, I am slightly acne prone).
I've tried a sample of the Dr.Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peel and the results were fine, but you are supposed to use those everyday and I already do so much for my routine that using it everyday seems like a little too much. That said, I prefer the Kate Somerville that you only use twice a week, but still gives great results. I of course wish they cost a bit less, but I think compared to other products the price is decent. Will likely repurchase and definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by rugby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. It's gentle enough to use on a weekly basis but strong enough to show increased clarity. These individual peels contain lactic acid that you polish on to your face and leave for a few minutes. I did see increased clarity immediately after the peel and a few days later I had some minor peeling. When I had it on I had minor tingling which was tolerable with no breakouts. I am on the dry side for reference but I would recommend or anyone who wants a gentle peel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jwil16

HG HG HG HG! HG exfoliating product right here ladies! These are amazing. These are single use peel pads with 30% lactic acid. They come in a little sleeve that you peel off and buff into the skin. You leave them on for about two minutes (I leave them on a little longer, and I read on KS facebook that if you are not sensitive you can actually leave it on overnight.) These are excellent in fading my superficial acne scars and they make your skin smooth as glass, with an awesome glow behind. They really are the greatest. I will always buy these as long as they are made! They are $48 for a box of 16, and you use them one to two times a week so that's about two months of product, not bad if you ask me. To be honest I do not even use scrubs anymore, they just don't perform like these do. I use my cleanser with a washcloth and then these two times a week. My skin had never looked better. They really have faded my acne scars and evened out my skin tone. So happy.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No