October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Highlighters - Milani - Illuminating Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Melsolis8319

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have no clue how to properly use this on my skin tone!!!! It swatches beautifully but I'm struggling!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Dollface02501

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bougt this in Beauty's Touch. It gives such a nice subtile glow. The packaging sucked,it broke after a month but its still a very nice blush

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Msritagee

I purchased this to use as a highlighter but ended up using this for only blush. Unless you have a small brush to grab the white, I don't think it would make a good highlighter... But it's awesome as a blush!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by indigopurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I Purchased this in Hermosa Rose, Whilst it is a nice blush and I would not use it as a highlighter at all. The product consistency and finish is nice but i would say on my NC20 skin it is definitely too dark. I don't really understand how it is used as a highlight as there is barely any shimmer to it. Not overly disappointed but for what I originally purchased it for (as a highlighter) I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by fesherton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this. I use the shade Beauty's Touch. Very subtle pink tone. It adds a bit of healthy color and shimmer, but not at all sparkly. Use this on top of cheek bones and circle it up and around temple. Sometimes I also use a bit of Milani baked blush in color Luminous and sometimes I use this alone as the only blusher.

My package broke too! The lid came off, but I just keep in my drawer. So, I'm still using it anyway. Still love the powder, but I degraded my package rating to 1 lippie.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Recently moved to near a drug store that carries Milani products. For the most part I thought they looked pretty average and quite pricey. I've been looking for something to add a little glow in these winter months, and I bought a new blush that just wasn't doing the job, so I decided to try this highlighter out. I bought it in Hermosa Rose, although I'm quite pale I can usually pull off the more bronze/peach colours well. I wasn't expecting this to be very pigmented, but was very surprised when I quickly swiped some on my brush and tried it out - Lots of colour pay off in one application. Haven't tried it with a face of ~fresh make up yet, as I just layered it over the foundation I'd been wearing all day but I like the colour and pigment. It is more bronze-y than blush or highlighter, in this colour at least, but it is not shimmery or shiny, just leaves a good glow. Hoping I continue to like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love using this a highlight and contouring powder when I'm in a rush and want a more natural and less heavy look, plus it is easy to just toss one compact in my bag for work rather than 10 different items.

Pros:
- subtle, non-glittery & finely milled shimmer suitable for the over 20 yr old crowd
- multi tasking, can be used as a blush, bronzer, highlighting or contouring powder
- no strong fragrance (which I hated in some other Milani and CoverGirl products, why put perfume in blushes or face powders??)
- natural looking
- long lasting colour, with good pigmentation that actually shows up on my NC30-35 skin and on my sister, who is NC45 in MAC terms
- sturdy compact (and cute pattern in the powder is a bonus!)

Cons:
- personally I would love a matte option in this product. . .sigh

I would repurchase this. I use this in "Hermosa Rose". It has been in my make-up bag for over a month and I have barely made a dent in it. The roses are different shades and colours so it's very simple for me to just take this out and use it for several things - I use the different shades as an eyeshadow, bronzer, blush, and highlighting/contouring powder. Good value at less than $10 US.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by paris525

I have bought this product twice. The packaging isn't that great so my first shattered. This an awesome product, though. I use it as highlighter, as an eyeshadow, and even for my lips. Amber Nectar really compliments my deep complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff !! i use it contour my nose,my forehead and i also use as a blush since it has all this pretty color. When i use it as blush it give a pretty flush color on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I bought this powder on a whim, because it was so inexpensive I thought I'd take a chance. The product quality sort of snuck up on me...I started to use it almost as a pre-blush, putting it on the apples up to contour of my cheeks, and then applying bronzer and/or blush. It made those products apply more evenly, and gave a bit of a glow to my skin, without shimmer. I am looking forward to buying the other color variations.