July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Highlighters - Milani - Illuminating Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by indigopurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I Purchased this in Hermosa Rose, Whilst it is a nice blush and I would not use it as a highlighter at all. The product consistency and finish is nice but i would say on my NC20 skin it is definitely too dark. I don't really understand how it is used as a highlight as there is barely any shimmer to it. Not overly disappointed but for what I originally purchased it for (as a highlighter) I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by fesherton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this. I use the shade Beauty's Touch. Very subtle pink tone. It adds a bit of healthy color and shimmer, but not at all sparkly. Use this on top of cheek bones and circle it up and around temple. Sometimes I also use a bit of Milani baked blush in color Luminous and sometimes I use this alone as the only blusher.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Recently moved to near a drug store that carries Milani products. For the most part I thought they looked pretty average and quite pricey. I've been looking for something to add a little glow in these winter months, and I bought a new blush that just wasn't doing the job, so I decided to try this highlighter out. I bought it in Hermosa Rose, although I'm quite pale I can usually pull off the more bronze/peach colours well. I wasn't expecting this to be very pigmented, but was very surprised when I quickly swiped some on my brush and tried it out - Lots of colour pay off in one application. Haven't tried it with a face of ~fresh make up yet, as I just layered it over the foundation I'd been wearing all day but I like the colour and pigment. It is more bronze-y than blush or highlighter, in this colour at least, but it is not shimmery or shiny, just leaves a good glow. Hoping I continue to like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love using this a highlight and contouring powder when I'm in a rush and want a more natural and less heavy look, plus it is easy to just toss one compact in my bag for work rather than 10 different items.

Pros:
- subtle, non-glittery & finely milled shimmer suitable for the over 20 yr old crowd
- multi tasking, can be used as a blush, bronzer, highlighting or contouring powder
- no strong fragrance (which I hated in some other Milani and CoverGirl products, why put perfume in blushes or face powders??)
- natural looking
- long lasting colour, with good pigmentation that actually shows up on my NC30-35 skin and on my sister, who is NC45 in MAC terms
- sturdy compact (and cute pattern in the powder is a bonus!)

Cons:
- personally I would love a matte option in this product. . .sigh

I would repurchase this. I use this in "Hermosa Rose". It has been in my make-up bag for over a month and I have barely made a dent in it. The roses are different shades and colours so it's very simple for me to just take this out and use it for several things - I use the different shades as an eyeshadow, bronzer, blush, and highlighting/contouring powder. Good value at less than $10 US.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by paris525

I have bought this product twice. The packaging isn't that great so my first shattered. This an awesome product, though. I use it as highlighter, as an eyeshadow, and even for my lips. Amber Nectar really compliments my deep complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff !! i use it contour my nose,my forehead and i also use as a blush since it has all this pretty color. When i use it as blush it give a pretty flush color on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I bought this powder on a whim, because it was so inexpensive I thought I'd take a chance. The product quality sort of snuck up on me...I started to use it almost as a pre-blush, putting it on the apples up to contour of my cheeks, and then applying bronzer and/or blush. It made those products apply more evenly, and gave a bit of a glow to my skin, without shimmer. I am looking forward to buying the other color variations.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

I got sucked in by the packaging when I was shopping for Milani's Multitasker powder online. I got Amber Nectar and I am loving it!

I'm pretty tan (Light tan in the Milani Multitasker range) and the colour on this shows up really naturally on me as a glow. I wasn't sure how to apply this exactly so I kinda just swiped my brush around the whole thing. The effect is pretty good, the whites give me a pearly base and the other colours add some colour pretty nicely. The overall effect is I look quite radiant and have a nice glow. I'd recommend this for people who want a nice glow but do not want to look too tanned ie like they spent the last week lying in the sun.

On the downside, it takes awhile to get the colour to show up. I have to swipe my brush around and apply it to my cheeks at least 3 times to get some colour to show up. Also the colour doesn't seem to last for very long and you need some touching up by midday if you want to look as radiant. And I don't have particularly oily skin.

But all in all, a good buy for the price and the effect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

This is a really great product, and I'm one to avoid facial highlighters since I'm 54 and don't want to draw any more attention to my wrinkles than they already command on their own. For that reason, I've never indulged in the Guerlain Meteorites or similiar products. I purchased this on a whim in Hermosa Rose and after 3 months of use, it has become almost an HG. I have a fair-to-medium skintone that's not quite cool, not quite warm. I have not tried this as a stand-alone blush; I'm sure it wouldn't show up on my skin. I first apply a cream blush (usually Le Metier De Beaute Coral Nymph) and as the last thing I do before heading out the door, I take a fat kabuki brush, swipe it a few times on the Hermosa Rose and dust my cheeks in a circular motion. There is zilch glitter in this product...just a gentle gleam that really doesn't lie atop the skin, but looks like you're lit from within, if that makes sense. Probably the best drugstore makeup purchase I've ever made!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Kar122

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just purchased this in Amber Nectar and so far (after using it 3 times), I like the glow it gives my medium/ olive skin. I use this just on my cheeks and forehead and then swipe some of my blush on top. I can wear this on it's own without the blush but honestly it does need something extra for a more intense makeup look. Packaging is attractive and the price is fairly inexpensive.