Milani Illuminating Face Powder

3.9

Not tested on animals

Loving this. Im a pale girl and now that its mid-winter my skin has moved to beyond the pale so Im using the lighter pinky/white one "beautys touch" as a blush. It gives a nice pink gleam without sparkle. As a blush its not very bright or noticeable even on me, very subtle. Its not meant to be used as a blush so Im not going to dock it points for lack of pigment...it is what it says it is-an illuminating powder...and its beautiful. Worthy of note-I love the way this looks when first applied but the intensity fades quickly. Wont last a full workday...if you want your make up to look as fresh all day as it did in the morning you'll probably have to reapply by noon. I have also used this over top of blush as a highlight for the cheekbones. Very very pretty and I love the rose design. I also own this in amber nectar but Im going to wait until summer to use that one...

Love this highlighter that I use as a blush. I have the AMBER NECTAR O1. I have been searching for a blush that didn't really look heavy. As I am 70, I prefer the natural look in my makeup. This just gives me a nice glow, and since I have started to use it across my forehead, it really looks nice. Stays pretty well and the cost is fantastic. .If I want a little more color, I just give a couple more swipes.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had this highlighter in Hermosa Rose and it was so beautiful against my skin. It wasn't to obvious either it just made my skin look nice and glowy. Unfortunately some bum chick stole so I will be repurchasing. This high lighter is great. My skin tone is NW48 btw.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this! It's just pigmented for a subtle illuminating effect which I adore! It lasts long as well and blends seamlessly into my skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have two of these (Hermosa Rose and Nectar) and let's just get this straight - these are NOT highlighters. Period. Because of that I don't ever use them. I suppose I could get creative and figure out how to integrate them as blushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I've only had this for 3 days so this is kind of on a first impressions basis.
I think this product is a really great addition to any makeup collection - I don't know a TON about makeup so I don't have any basis for comparison or anything but I brush this on the apples of my cheeks and it gives a sheer, luminescent type glow.
I have this in Hermosa rose, which is the "brownest" or "bronziest" looking out of the three colour selections - for me, it is a perfect shade as I am a Medium beige tone ... I image for those that are darker or more tan, it would act more as a highlighter and less like a radiating bronze type of product.
For fairer types, some MIGHT say it is too dark depending on what you are looking for. With the right setting powder, it is quite long-lasting and like I said, the colour payoff is great!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have Honey Nectar and am an NC40 so perhaps this is why I'm struggling to make it work for me. I do like the texture and finish on my skin but it doesn't show up much as a highlighter or blush. Having read the rave review for the rose colour way, I will try this too and compare.

I have no clue how to properly use this on my skin tone!!!! It swatches beautifully but I'm struggling!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bougt this in Beauty's Touch.
It gives such a nice subtile glow. Im one of them who are often a bit hard handed on the blush when they are too pigmentet :/ and have to start all over again. But this one is in between pigmentet, not crazy pigmentet like the costal scents one that are so crazy pigmentet that im almost fearing use it :D but its still give a good amount of color.

The packaging sucked,it broke after a month but its still a very nice blush that gives that inner glow.

I purchased this to use as a highlighter but ended up using this for only blush. Unless you have a small brush to grab the white, I don't think it would make a good highlighter... But it's awesome as a blush!

Top Rated Milani Products