July 29, 2014 | 1900 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Foaming Face Wash - Normal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my standard face wash, and it cleanses thoroughly for me. I do understand what people mean about a residue. It gives good foam, and I have not had problems with a residue breaking me out. I do use witch hazel as a toner after every washing.
I feel that this cleanses very well, and it removes all my makeup except for waterproof formulas. I have recently started doing something different with it. I love MAC Cremewash, but don't use it anymore. I have a small bottle of canola/corn oil (any oil will do), that I mix with the cleanser. I just use a couple drops, and foam it up together. It gives it just the right amount of silkiness. It definitely gets all the makeup in one wash/rinsing. I do, however, wash/rinse multiple times.
This cleanser on it's own does not overdry me at all. I love bar soap for my face, but I needed to stop using it, as it is wintertime. This is very thorough. There are lots of different cleansers out there, and this one holds its' own.
I think you get a lot of product for 5$. It's about 7 oz., and this foams up very well. The last time I used this, it lasted me about 4 months. This is something I will always have on hand.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Praj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this face wash 6 months ago and I simply couldn't use it more than twice..
First of all its expensive for what it is. It has a weird fragrance, and it doesn't seem to clean my face at all, leaves my face with soapy,slimy feeling which i hate.
Overall not a good product it you have a combination, acne prone skin. Wouldn't buy it again (if I ever finish what I have )

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Soletude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do feel like this product cleans my face well, removing all my make up. And it does not make my skin feel tight. I don't notice the fragrance at all. I don't feel like it provides a deep clean but good enough for a long term use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I accidentally picked this up instead of the sensitive skin version and didn't notice till I got home.

PRO: About the same as the sensitive skin version in terms of cleansing. Functionally I can't tell a difference and the ingredients look similar. This one did seem to foam a little faster though.

CONS: Horrible, HORRIBLE scent. Fragrance is listed as the last ingredient but it should be the first because that's how strong it smells. Imagine washing your face with perfume. And it's a dreadful scent too. I can tolerate MANY things, but Olay is the brand that keeps testing my limits. Anyways, this stuff smells like extremely strong PLAIN SOAP... imagine you are a child getting sponge baths with no name/generic brand soap. You don't know about scents or anything and skincare is the least of your parents concern, hence they don't really care what they use or what it smells like. Imagine that, then ramp up the intensity of the smell by 10x. That's the entire story of the scent. It lingers, it smells fake, powdery, and I just cannot get over how concentrated it smells.

OVERALL: I dont care if this cleanser literally started aging me backwards into more youthful skin, I still would not use it! I've used it once, like 20 minutes ago, but the scent is so bad that I have to leave a review calling this out.