April 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter - Brown Sugar

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this pretty beigey brown lipstick up at Ulta on sale for less than $4. It was in the clearance bin and already owning and loving several lip butters I just had to grab this light brown for the upcoming fall season. The pigment is light and the lipstick while sheer does add some color but is not a full on in your face pop of color. This is a very smooth lipstick and it feels so silky going on and very moisturizing. I love how it feels on my lips. It does not dry them out or bleed at the edges either. I have worn this a couple of times already and I will be reaching for this shade quite a bit this fall. It does have a slight frosty look. A couple of minor complaints though: 1) It would be easier to remove the cap from the base had they left a bit more room at the base for holding onto it. It's difficult to get a good grip when there is so little available material, and 2) It isn't tamper reisistant packaged and in fact not sealed at all. I do like the diamond patterned cap and the cute packaging. It looks pretty and girly.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Loving this brown - very moisterizing, just enough shine, has decent staying power. Can't wait to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Brown Sugar is my personal favorite of the Revlon Lip Butters. On the lips, it looks like a rich peachy-nude with gold shimmer, very pretty and subtle, a MLLB color. It's the peachy-bronzey effect that I can't get enough of. Brown Sugar looks better on me than the popular Pink Truffle. Me: FFF, NC20-25, hazel eyes, "Autumn" type coloring.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This goes on nice, but is yet another lipstick that makes my lips split and hurt. not cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw a Dove ice cream commercial where this woman was eating one of the Dove chocolate covered ice cream novelties and her lips were stained w the color from the chocolate. You know, like when you eat a popsicle? And I really wanted a lip color like that. A bronze-y brown, just ate chocolate color. And this is it! I love it. I have medium golden skin and it looks lovely on me. It's nice as a darker summer color, but works in winter as well. The staying power is as expected, and the packaging is lovely. (I hope the first half of this made sense!)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by alexajeri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hi
this was the first lip butter i bought and i just don't like it. it's just not the right color for me, and i find the finish kind of unflattering and frosty. but maxolip is better - http://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/maxolip-reviews.htm

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ladykaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Revlon Lip Butters and I own several colours, I love their texture, how it applies, and the faint smell of cake/cookie. However this colour, Brown Sugar, simply does not work for me =(
020 Brown Sugar is a frosty shimmery dark nude/medium brown with fine golden shimmers.
I have NC20 neutral to yellow toned Asian complexion and this product makes me look literally sick, and washes me out so badly. I can only apply an extremely thin layer so it becomes a medium nude but I have other products that would do the same. I won't repurchase this product again but I think it would look much better on darker, maybe olive-toned complexions.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by smokeysilver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I am super super pale and warm toned and this is fabulous on me - this looks 100x more natural on me than Pink Truffle which I had and gave away. Looks amazing over a neutral pinky toned lip liner. I got this free in the Revlon Summer GWP love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Brown sugar is a shiny brown-nude lip butter. It shines,it brings a softness to the lips,it brings a nice dark nude color to the lips! I pair it with raisin infallible lip gloss by l'oreal and a dark brown-pink lip liner! It looks awsome! Love it!