July 31, 2014 | 1619 users online

Concealers - Shu Uemura - Pro Gel Cealer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

A lot of people may complain that this is really dry and difficult to use but for extremely oily and congested skins this is perfect. Rub your fingers into the product to make it creamy, apply with a concealer brush and it will give full coverage for deep, red acne scars. The dry consistency allows it to stay put on oily skins in hot, humid conditions for the entire day and not cause extra congestions.

(7YR medium light beige; MAC NC20)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Mriyanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this because shu uemura is a pretty good brand and i thought this concealers would be great since it has pro it (lol).i love the colour it suits my skin colour and i think i would suit huge range of skin colour. however, this concealer is very very dry. it is very difficult to apply on face. you cant put it on the brush because it wont glide, you have to use your finger and i still find that difficult. i have to say this concealer does it job to conceal IF you manage to put it on on your face. For me it takes me quite a long time to apply it because it doesnt glide as normal concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jbdr

Very dry and crumbly. I thought this was better than the one they discontinued :-( It helps if you warm it a bit before and for that reason i use my finger/s when applying useless to use concealer brush. What i do like about it is that once it s blended it provides great coverage and makes blemishes, dark marks almost unnoticable. I also like the glass container/pot.Dont use under the eyes it will cake whichever way you apply it

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Urgh, bought this as a replacement for the Pro Concealer that they discontinued. No comparison. The original was so much better--creamy to blend but dried to a matte finish that lasted. The shade (7YR Medium) was also a perfect match for my medium fair olive skin (I'm NC30 in MAC concealer, 4.25 in Bobbi Brown stick foundation & Ivory Beige in Estee Lauder Double Wear). This new gel version is dry, hard to blend and dries to a kind of crumbly texture. Not good. Disappointed as I'm usually impressed with Shu Uemura's technology and quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dawnsiow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good for concealing parts of my face that are really oily, like around my nose and under my chin and on my forehead, but tends to be cakey and flake when I use it on my cheeks. I apply it with a concealer brush and blend it out with my fingers. I'm just trying to use the pot up now, and then I'll try to find a concealer that works better for combination skin. That said, I <3 Shu Uemura products and this will probably be really good for people with extremely oily skin all over.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by midgetcoconut

So, I was kind of devastated when Shu Uemura discontinued the Pro Spots Concealer. I still mourn its loss today. I found an almost-substitute in Utowa's look-alike blemish concealer but it seems like they got rid of that too.

I managed to get my hands on the new Pro Gel Cealer. It comes in a small glass jar, which I don't have any particular gripes about.

I'm not sure what's quite so "gel" about it, as it seems a bit paste-y and dry in texture. I tried applying it first with my Stila concealer brush but eventually gave up and discovered that it applies much better with my finger.

The coverage on blemishes (even big nasty ones) is pretty good, I have to say. It doesn't look obvious, which is important in a blemish concealer. (Why draw attention to something that you're trying to hide...?). The coverage is not as good as the Pro Spots Concealer, unfortunately. However, it does blend away well enough on initial application, despite what seems to be an oddly dry texture. When my face gets oily it begins to "slide" off ever so slightly but this can be somewhat alleviated if I smudge it a bit with my finger. Lasts fairly well on my oily skin.

I'm happy with it for now and I've got myself a spare jar ready for when this one runs out. However, if I find something better, I wouldn't hesitate to jump ship...

***EDIT: So my friend brought me back a new Shu Uemura concealer - Shu Uemura Point Cealer which looks a lot like the Shu Uemura Pro Spots Concealer. There is hope yet!***