July 25, 2014 | 1926 users online

Palettes - Laura Mercier - lingerie eye and cheek palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Melhir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

İ bought this at %50 sale. İt's really perfect. Fresh peach blush works well on fair skin. African violet, black plum and rich cocoa are gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was lucky enough to find this palette in stock online at the end of last month. I had been lemming it since the first time I saw it in a blog (Pixiwoo's, I think) but it was sold out everywhere! I must have got the last one because when I went back to the site the next day, it was OOS. Since I received it, I have not reached for anything else. The eyeshadows are all so blendable and pigmented, and can be worn in such a way that they are suitable for daytime and nighttime. For an evening look, I love to add black eyeliner.

I like the layout of the palette, with the three more everyday eyeshadow shades on the left and the darker ones on the right, with the two blush tones in the middle. The mirror is also large and very handy. The eyeshadow shades are all beautiful and I can see them suiting a wide range of skin tones. I am around an N15 with green eyes and the colours all make my eyes pop, worn together especially! One or two of the shades are shimmery, and one or two are glittery, but the glitter/shimmer is never overpowering.

The blush colors are also great, I like to mix them both together and apply lightly on the apples of my cheeks. It instantly livens my face up. The two shades also look great worn separately, and are very pigmented.

If you can get hold of this, I would definitely recommend it. I have worn at least one colour from the palette since the day I got it! Can't recommend enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by mandzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Fell in love with this palette the moment I saw it at the Laura mercier counter in myer! The saleswoman did a perfect job at sucking me in to buy it since she told me its limited edition and the last one left haha.
The eyeshadows are the perfect neutral colors and can be mixed to create the perfect smokey eye. Rich cocoa, pale pink and black plum are all matte colors. African violet, buff pearl and tawny apricot are all shimmery colors. African pearl is the most shimmery, buff pearl is... The second shimmeriest? (haha excuse poor grammar) and tawny apricot has the least amount of shimmer in it.
African violet (the dark purple shimmery colour) is a good smokey eye colour for a night out. The others can be used on a day to day basis or can be paired with a heavy lipstick on a night out too.
'Pale pink' is the ideal browbone highlight colour.

Now on to the blushes...
The peach colour (fresh peach) looks scary in the pan but looks nice and natural on. Good as a summery colour.
The pink (rose desire) is my favorite for work wear and gives me a natural lOoking flush.
The blushes are both slightly shimmery, but the shimmer isn't very noticeable once applied.

Both the blushes and eyeshadows have great staying power. Laura mercier is officially my favorite eyeshadow brand (with NARS still being my favorite blush brand).

The packaging is sleek and doesn't dirty easily. Comes with a mirror which is always handy.

Would buy again if I ever ran out, but this probably wouldn't be possible since its limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful palette! Love the color selections! All are wearable because some of the palette out there have some weird non wearable color in them. The eyeshadows also have different finishes. There are matte, lustre, shimmering & satin. And the blushes I love! especially the peach one.They have just a little bit of shimmer but unnoticable on the skin. Really beautiful for all skin complexions. I hope the next palette will be as good as this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

brilliant, one of my first "tastes" of Laura Mercier.

The eye shadows are buttery smooth, dont crease, fade etc and blend like a dream.

Blushes disperse on skin very evenly. Really impressed overall!

Can't wait for next palette!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by catpie

I absolutely love this palette! This is my first palette (or any 'colour' makeup) from LM.

The eyeshadows all work which is somewhat rare for palettes - I like all the shades and I find them all pigmented, wearable, blendable, etc. So not like some palettes where there are neglected colours. While always neutral, the palette also gives you the option of doing a really light wash of colour, a daytime work look or even a fairly dramatic smokey look with using either of the 2 dark matte shades.

What drew me to the palette was the contrast between pretty neutral wearable eyeshadows and brighter blushes - not a combo you always see but one that I absolutely love. I think the blushes help liven up or 'lift' my face - a bit more youthful or contemporary given the quite conservative eyes.

I like the packaging too - minimal but solid.

No complaints at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by envirolawgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this palette at Sephora for $60. The colors are gorgeous and the quality is great! $60 for two blushes and six eye shadows (to me) is a steal! I love the colors. They are soft and sexy. I am a strawberry blonde with blue eyes and pale skin and these colors work beautifully with my complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first Laura Mercier palette. Like the first reviewer said, the colors are pretty, soft and work appropriate. It would really be hard to over do it with this palette as all the eye shadows are soft and not garish & there is no glitter fall out problem

The blush, like all Laura Mercier blushes, is gorgeous.

I'm knocking one lippie off because the staying power of the eye shadow is not the best. I used it with TFSS and I had major fading and some creasing my mid afternoon.

This palette is perfect for travel. The case is sturdy and high end looking. I would not buy it again due to the fact that I'm sure I will never hit pan on any of the products in the palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

this is my first palette from laura mercier so if you already own many of her products you may not need this. this is an everyday no brainer palette, very work friendly and every color is pigmented. if you are looking for colors that are not too shimmery and easy to use basic colors, this is has a good selection of colors that can suit most skin tones. the blushes are matte, 3 shimmery and 3 matte shadows. the shimmer is more like a sheen. you can do a daytime and nighttime look with this one. the packaging is nice too and i like that there are not cream products in the palette, makes it less messy.