August 27, 2014 | 1728 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never used thermal protectors because they either left my hair crunchy, sticky or both. I read some great reviews about this and decided to try it since my hair is long and fine and needs all the protection it can get. From the very first use I was amazed. My hair was left bouncy and soft and felt so healthy. It looked like a different head definitely not like my usual tired and dull locks. I don't know how well this protects from heat and it is still left to see but I would use this only for the shine and manageability this gives my hair. If could give this 11 stars I would and this is despite being super expensive! Now if I can only find something that stops this terrible shedding so I can have some hair left to actually pamper....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by ballet7xx

I was using chi silk infusion as a heat protectant for a really long time after I saw a girl on youtube, with similar hair to mine, use it for that purpose, (bad idea...don't use it as a heat protectant it does nothing!) my hair has always been really dry, but recently it's been at least 3xs more damaged than usual. i decided that i really needed to invest time and money on hair repair products, and i have to say that this product is incomparable. i thought i loved the tresemme heat protectant spray, i still do... but i can actually tell that this product is protecting my hair from heat. my hair doesn't look "fried" or brittle or dry after i use this (for blow-drying, and then into straightening) and it really hasn't looked this healthy in a really long time, and that's only after a few uses! it smells great, too; and it distributes the protect really well and evenly though my hair.

i find that it's not really suitable to use on dry hair (if i want to reapply after blow-drying and before straightening, for example) but i guess it's not really completely necessary to reapply...although it would be nice to feel reassured... so for that reason, 4 stars.

definitely recommend if you have damaged hair and use heat often! it's my HG for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by marywebgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this stuff for several months and I think it's improved my hair. Previously I was using an oil before I dried it, but my hair is pretty fine and I could only use a teeny tiny amount so it wouldn't make my hair look greasy. I use one pump of this and it covers all of my hair, and I do think it protects it and helps make it shiny.

While this isn't cheap the product is very thick and it's already lasted me forever.

I marked packaging quality low because the pump isn't the greatest -- it's like it's designed to be sort of an aerosol but it's too thick for that. Once you get used to it, though, it's not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product says it protects hair from heat up to 428 degrees farenheit. I was skeptical at first, but this is definitely the best heat protectant I've EVER used! My hair is already very fragile from heavy bleach highlights and high lift color and it's also long (long hair is always more damaged than short hair). I blow dry and flat iron nearly every day and this takes a huge toll on my already very fragile hair. However, since using this product, I have hardly any new split ends or breakage. It detangles and moisturizes my hair and leaves it so incredibly smooth, soft, silky and shiny, no frizz or fly-aways at all! It has a faint tropical fruity-floral scent. It's a cream spray rather than a liquid spray. Because the product is so thick, the nozzle does get clogged easily, but I've learned that I just need to pause for a second or two between each spritz so the nozzle can clear. This minor annoyance won't stop me from using this product though, because I love what it does for my hair. I use it on wet hair before blow drying, but I have also used it on dry hair right hair before flat ironing and it works well too. Just make sure to give it enough time to dry before you use the flat iron, like you should with any product (using a flat iron on wet or damp hair is very damaging!) I will definitely keep repurchasing this product since it is saving my damaged hair!

Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Aleurites Moluccana Seed (Kendi) Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polysilicone-15, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Phospholipids, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Citronellol, Citric Acid, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Methoxy PEG-16 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Bromelain, Papain, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Fragrance (Parfum).

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No