February 27, 2015 | 1824 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2015 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this ! Feels natural and evens out ny acne prone skin also evens out hyperpigmentation nicely, im a light-med skin tone nc 30 causian and use groenland and its perfect in the winter in th summer i add a little bit of st moritz or laura mercier sand dune bronzer and my skin looks great. It doesnt aggravate my breakouts either. The canadian version diesnt have spf so I use neutrogena spf 15 lift and firm moisturizer underneath and the products work well together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2015 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Alaska Light2. I'm a light skinned asian-- both yellow and pink undertones on my face but mostly yellow, not porcelain skinned but all "medium" shades of face makeup are much too dark for me. I'm happy with the color-- it does seem to oxidize orange but nothing outrageous.

I was using Skin79 BB Creme in the hot pink canister before this and while that worked when my skin had texture issues and was broken out, once I got my acne problems under control and my skin became smoother due to chemical peels, it was too heavy and I hated how it felt like my skin was suffocating.

This TM is more thin in consistency and looks more natural. I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup but I still can achieve good coverage-- it's perfect for evening out skin tone, softening shadows under my eyes and creating a good base for color cosmetics like blush. It is moisturizing, therefore I do need a little setting powder or blotting papers throughout the day. It sinks into my skin well, keeping my skin plump and even toned until it's time to take it off at the end of the day. I've been using it for two months and it hasn't broken me out at all. Very happy with this. If you have good skin already, this might be perfect for you.

oh, about the scent-- I stopped using MU Forever's F&B because it smelled so strongly, even though I liked the finish. I like this better because the finish and coverage are comparable and has a *light* citrus smell that goes away quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2015 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This TM is one of the main reasons why I just cannot get into BB/CC creams - they're always too thick/heavy/gunky/ashy etc with no added benefits. This TM on the other hand, gives a nice lightweight, medium but natural coverage in a plethora of shades to match various undertones with SPF30 to boot. I find it adequately moisturizing for my normal to dry skin in hot and humid conditions or layer it after moisturizer otherwise. Perfect for days when you don't feel like wearing foundation, in fact it's my go to 'foundation' when I want to travel light because I can use it night or day. I just finish it off with the powder like the Nars LRP/Guerlain Meteorites/Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder to complete the look.

I can't vouch for whether it helped to reduce discolouration/hyperpigmentation from continued use as claimed in the product information leaflet because I have spot treatment/serums for that, but the fact that it's oil/paraben/synthetic/fragrance free and non-comedogenic is a plus point for me. I love it so much I bought an extra tube when I was on holiday in the US because NARs was not available back home (then). For reference I'm Armani Face Fabric 3/UD Naked in 5.0/NARs Sheer Glow in Stromboli and St. Moritz was the best match for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2015 12:34:00 PM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've just bought my 2nd tube of this . Absolutely love it ! I have now ditched all my foundations and use this instead even for work. It makes my skin look pretty and natural and I frequently receive compliments on my skin now since using it . It feels light on and I forget I'm wearing anything , very happy with this product ! My shade is terre neuve which has a slightly pink undertone .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2015 1:58:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry, flakey skin and went to Sephora looking for a recommendation. The technician used a little machine that takes 3 pictures of your face and chooses a shade for you. I am very yellow and warm toned but the lady came up with Light 3, Groenland.... Which is bizarre because the description on NARS website says this is a pink toned color with peachy undertones. Weird! In the store it looked perfect on me but outside in the sun it seems a little too dark and orangey, but not too bad.

It is beautifully moisturizing and easy to apply. I don't consider this a tinted moisturizer as much as a foundation. It's more coverage than a BB Cream or TM but not as much as full coverage foundation.

I can see where this would be greasy on oily skin but for my incredibly dry flakey skin, this is perfect!!! I always apply everything with a wet sponge but a foundation brush gives more coverage.

There is a weird chemical type smell I'm not fond of but it disappears quickly.

I bought this after buying and returning the Tarte 12 hr Primer BB Cream because it was dry, cakey, matte finish that accentuated every dry flake of skin on my face.

Overall this is A++++ LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2015 4:11:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is nothing like what I expected, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I've been hearing that this is not the best match for oily skin, but I couldn't disagree more. This reminds me of a slightly more sheer Bobbi Brown BB Cream (which I love). When set with powder, this wore beautifully on my skin all day long. No slipping, no breaking down, no need to blot with tissue or use MAC Blot powder. I'd even go as far as to say this has a demi-matte finish on my skin when powdered, which I love and was not expecting. This is not greasy in the least on me.

My skin is very, very fair. I have a very hard time finding shades that are pale enough for me. I first tried this out in Finland ( Light1), which has "an even mixture of yellow and pink undertones." While it was light enough, it was just the slightest bit too yellow and made my skin look off. Terre Neuve (Light0) leans more pink, and matched my skin much better. While it's still *slightly* dark on me, it's something I can pull off.

While it's a bit heavier than I was expecting from a Tinted Moisturizer, it's still a beautiful product that evens my skin out without feeling like I'm wearing anything on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2015 5:56:00 PM More reviews by weisgerald

I have fair skin with yellow undertones but lots of ruddiness. Finland (the lightest shade) works perfectly on my skin and helps to minimize the redness.

Coverage is semi-sheer. There's a decent amount of pigmentation and it's buildable, but don't expect it to completely cover blemishes or inflamed areas. I usually go over my chin and other problem areas with a little bit of foundation or MUFE concealer when I'm needing a bit of extra coverage.

What I love about this product is that it allows my skin to glow through. It's like a more perfect but still natural looking version of my skin with this on. Also, staying power is excellent. It still looks good 10 hours later, when I get home from work, and is never greasy or shiny.

At $49 CAD plus tax, it's on the expensive side but I have yet to find a better comparable product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2015 4:19:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my favorite everyday face product. It is so incredible, I love it. The formula is so smooth, creamy, weightless, and long lasting on the face. It offers sheer to medium coverage that is natural but has a dewy, radiant, glow. I have pretty much flawless skin and can go without foundation just fine, but I do have some dark spots and dry patches. This is the final step for me to have absolutely perfect skin. It evens out my skintone, adds a glow, and just makes me look awake and healthy. It's amazing that it doesn't emphasize any dry patches on my face. Also, my face doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable with it. You know how if you have very dry skin some foundations can start feeling just fine but can make your face feel like a desert after a few hours? This doesn't do that at all! Instead, it maintains a glow and remains hydrating. But I don't think it's just for dry skin; oily skin will love it too. I have the shade St. Moritz, which is a tad bit too dark for me but I didn't bother exchanging it for a lighter shade because it blends so beautifully onto the skin and looks so natural. My only problem is the price tag. Dang, it is expensive but you do get a lot of product. However, I will continue to repurchase because my skin looks photoshop flawless with it. If you can afford it, get it because I can't think of a dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2015 8:43:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shades Cuba and Annapurna. I love love love the coverage, the way it feels and how well this wears. The coverage on me is medium with the help of a flat top angled kabuki. I have very very dry skin that can be combo around the nose and forehead, so I lightly dust those areas with powder. It is expensive but to its defense, the size is almost double the average so it is definitely worth it! will repurchase without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2015 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shade Groenland but really I'm somewhere between it and St. Moritz. Groenland is better for me in the winter as St. Moritz is to warm toned and makes me look orangey. If you wear Barcelona in NARS foundations, use St. Moritz. I wear Stromboli and this is better for me.

It's an excellent tinted moisturizer and definitely more pigmented than my Laura Mercier one. And its more natural looking. I only need a tiny bit. Its easy to blend and very satiny. It's long wearing and your can add powder if you're super oily or sweaty. Its also quite hydrating and has SPF which is always good. I definitely recommend this over Laura Mercier. The packaging is classic NARS so fingerprints and smudging product stains are inevitable...

My only complaint is the shade range. It hardly caters to olive skins as there's a big jump from Groenland to St. Moritz. I wish there was a yellowy shade in between thats not as dark as St. Moritz. Other than that I would by it again and maybe by the travel size of St. Moritz to mix shades. Unfortunately that does get quite expensive.

I recommend this if your not on a tight budget or have a little somethin' somethin' to splurge.