December 18, 2014 | 1168 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by DodgerDasher

HG product! Nothing else makes my skin look so smooth and even and lit from within. I was wearing Alaska for a while but it was too yellow toned on my fair skin. I switched to Terre Neuve and it's a perfect match. I think it's well worth the $42. The tube is big and will last me at least a couple years. Love the spf 30 and the scent too. This is "no makeup" makeup. If your skin isn't too oily, give it a try. I can't really wear it in the summer because it gets too greasy, that's the only downside.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

In the scorching Australian summer, a full face of foundation feels suffocating. Luckily, i remembered that i bought this NARS tinted moisteriser from my last holiday and thank goodness i did.

Whereas NARS Sheer Matte disappointed me somewhat (I was the colour Punjab for reference), this product delivers. Having very oily skin, i thought this would slide off and become an awful mess 30 mins into the day but it surprisingly looks really good. As others have mentioned, it's a dewy/satin kind of finish that looks fresh and radiant on the skin as opposed to greasy. While it doesn't have oil controlling properties, it still looks great after blotting so i wouldn't rule this product out completely for my fellow oily-skinned gals.

It also doesn't accentuate any fine lines or my mega huge pores and blends easily with fingers (although i do use a primer underneath). The colour "Alaska" is a good match for my NC20-25 skin although since I'm at least a shade or two tanner from a holiday, i do have to swipe a bit of bronzer on for the perimeters of my face so it looks more seamless. Since it is a tinted moisteriser though (with SPF 30), it's a light-medium coverage which gives you leg room in terms of shade selection.

The packaging is the usual sleek NARS kind of look but this time, it's a tube so it's easy to get the product out with control (huzzah!).

All in all, it's a bit of a pricey product but it's worth the money in my opinion. Since i use about a pea sized amount for my entire face, I can see this lasting for a while :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Emmyrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this tinted moisturiser! I have tried so many and i keep favouring this one! It leaves my skin nice and dewy with a beautiful glow. I really do look and feel fresh and radiant when i wear this. I have it in St Moritz and Annapurna, i tend to use Annapurna more though (ref i am punjab in sheer glow and generally med - tan in everything else) I seem to be able to get both colours to work with my skin tone. I do love this and i will definitely repurchase when i run out. Ive been using this everyday for the last 5 months and there is still so much left in the tube, a little really goes a long way. Yes it has a steep price tag but what do you expect? It is NARS after all and they do live up to there name. In my opinion well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by NicS852

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent! Foundation always looks cakey/powdery on my very pale skin, so I wanted a lighter coverage which felt natural. This goes on beautifully, evens out my skin tone and lasts at least six hours. As I'm a little oily on my t-zone, I do have to powder. I use the colour Finland.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have dry, sensitive skin with rosacea. My HG BB is MAC's Prep and Prime in the tube (Light) but wanted to try this to compare. I'm NC15 and Finland was a good match. The texture and finish of the NARS is very similar to MAC but I find MAC's a bit creamier and easier to apply. This one has fragrance though luckily didn't irritate my sensitive skin. I prefer MAC's since it has no discernable scent and I generally avoid fragrance in skincare like the plague. Both toned down the redness from my rosacea but neither completely cover it.

Here's a comparison picture of the NARS on the left and MAC on the right.

Full Size Image

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Wrosie

I've been using this tinted moisturizer for a year now and I absolutely love it! I brought the shade "St.Moritz" and for the summer "Annapurna". This product is amazing on my skin it evens out my skin tone and its a little sheer so it wont cover everything, like freckles or dark acne scars, but I prefer it that way. I love the way it gives me a nice glow and my skin looks healthy and natural. The shade St.Moritz matches my skin perfectly because I have yellow undertones and it does oxidize but the color doesn't change in shade too much. So far it hasn't given me acne and I am grateful for that. I apply the product with a makeup sponge or beauty blender and it's pretty easy to blend and work with. When the day is done it can easily be washed off and it leaves my skin smooth and to me my skin has a subtle glow. I am willing to pay the price even though its pretty pricey because this product has done me good for a year. The only negative I would say is that when you take pictures with the flash the SPF can make its appearance on pictures.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by tashi88

I recently bought NARS TM in Alaska after using so many bb creams and wanting a product that was light but provided coverage. This TM was pretty spot on for my NC30 skin and although sheer give a nice light coverage. Kept me pretty much matte all day although I do not have particularly oily skin (rather dry/combo). Really lovely stuff and has SPF too which is an added plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by NicoFinn

I bought this as my summer face makeup because I wanted a lightweight coverage that would let my skin breathe and had decent SPF protection. I was recommended this by a store employee when I went to Sephora. Initially, I liked it but the more I wore this, the more I found it to be oddly thick and I could feel the makeup on my face toward the end of the day. I have fairly oily skin and I felt that this only added to it (I don't think the formula is oil-free). The coverage is good (for sheer coverage) and applies evenly but I find that for a tinted moisturizer, this feels heavy on my skin. It's not bad and I still wear it from time to time, but it certainly isn't my go-to product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleyusername27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice product. It feels light on the skin and is comfortable to wear. I have light skin with a yellow undertone and I wear the shade Alaska. Although it might be a tiny bit too dark for me, this product is so blendable and forgiving that once it is applied and blended well, the color works great. I apply it with my fingers. It looks very natural - like my skin only better. The only negative for me is that I find that my skin starts looking shiny within a few hours of application, whereas my skin stays matte looking longer with some other tinted moisturizer / bb cream products. However, this is nothing that some powder can't fix. Overall a very solid product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Little1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seldom write reviews, but I felt I needed to add my 2 cents. I've tried so many tinted moisturizers and foundations, from Chanel to Armani, and I keep going back to this one. It gives a nice light to medium coverage without looking like you are wearing anything. Its dewy and the colors are very nice and natural looking. I hope they never discontinue it.
This is my all time favorite.