July 24, 2014 | 1643 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

As much as i wanted to love this product, I can't. I don't have sensitive skin, but this broke me out terrible in areas i never break out (such as my cheeks and nose). I am currently still fighting the breakout. I will say it applies amazingly with a beauty blender and does not feel heavy. You can still see your skin through the product and you're skin can breathe. However i noticed with a regular foundation brush, it can get cake with just two layers, so be careful and blend blend blend! Because i don't normally suffer any redness, eye bags or dark spots, I am not in the position to say how well this coverage is, but in my opinion it is a light but buildable coverage with the right tool. You will most likely still need concealer however. I would also recommend staying AWAY from this product if you suffer oily skin. I have combo skin, and even with an amazing mattifying moisturizer (mural mattifying moisturizer), a primer and setting powder I somehow managed to get oily within a few hours. Weird, because with my murad moisturizer i have never gotten oily with any foundation/ tinted moisturizer. As far as packaging goes, its great. The plastic tube makes it portable and non messy. You also get the exact amount of product you want.Obviously NARS has good looking packaging as well, so thats a bonus lol. Price wise, if you buy the full size tube which is 50$, I say its a good deal. The tube is huge and it will probably last a long time. For the travel size bottle it is 20 dollars, and the travel size is probably a quarter of the size of the regular tube so i say it's overpriced for that size. Overall, it is a great tinted moisturizer for people with dry or normal skin. Stay away if you have combo or oily skin, I think this product will work best during colder months.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay so I bought this product because I wanted to imporve my skin. I found out that the cause of my breakouts were because I was using MAC liquid foundation everyday. It was clogging up my pores (this is an amazing product but not for everyday use!) I live in Florida so I always knew that tinted moisterizer was a good choice considering it's sunny most of the time down here so I could deff use a little SPF in my life. Needless to say, I love this stuff. It's perfect. It's very light weight and covers just enough. This stuff is expensive but it's worth it and you only need a little!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Seemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in the shade St Moritz medium 1 and I think this is a lovely light defusing moisturiser. It glides on and gives reasonable coverage what you'd expect from a tinted moisturiser. For reference I'm a nc42 in mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by darlingdiva380

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the color Seychelles and it is a dead on match for me. The formula is smooth and so lightweight if you weren't looking at it go on your face you would forget you were wearing something. It works well even under summer heat when the skin is even drier. The smell is sweet with just a hint of citrus to it, and the finish is flat out fabulous. It gives my skin such a nice glow on it's own so it literally looks like I'm not wearing any makeup all while protecting my skin with the built in spf. For the price you get 1.9 oz of product which is double what you would get with a regular high end foundation and a little bit goes such a long way. It's a holy grail for me and I will keep buying it until they stop making it. lol

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by christenzimm

NARS- the formulation is beautiful. I needed a tinted moisturizer/ BB / CC cream that made my skin have some coverage, easy to apply, etc. I had issues with BB/CC cream settling in pores, not sure why? I tried MAC, and LORAC and had it happen with both so decided to stop wasting money and moved on to tinted moisturizer.

This has SPF, blends beautifully, can wear on its own, lasts all day. I can only give positives. Coverage is not that much, but it is a tinted moisturizer, so it is not as if it is supposed to give a lot of coverage. Perfect addition to my beauty routine. I do wear a primer underneath. On days where I want a little more coverage I will top off with my Tarte Amazonian Clay powder foundation.

This moisturizer gives a dewy finish, not matte, so if you are looking for matte, this will not fulfill. I feel like this moisturizer is geared for more mature skins.

I am currently on accutane and so my skin does not produce much oil. I am loving this right now- but do not think I will purchase this when I am off accutane. I tried this first as a sample, and it was way to greasy for me. If you have oily skin- I would not recommend. If you do not have an issue with oily skin and are looking for a dewy (not matte) finish I would 100% recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by AnnaGee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really nice coverage, I wear Finland with a little mineral powder on top. I love the smooth finish and the SPF factor is a bonus. Have received complements since I switched to this in the Warner weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by katmint

I've been using this for about a month now and I still can't really decide if I love it or think it's just ok. In terms of the pros: it is really quick and easy to apply, gives a nice medium coverage, and is nicely build-able, it's also not *too* shiny- which is a problem with a lot of tinted moisturisers. The cons for me are: it's not super long-lasting and I do find that it's worn off quite a bit by the end of the day, even with finishing powder applied. I also find that for a tinted moisturiser, it can be surprisingly drying at times. Also in more practical terms- the container, although hygienic, can be a bit of a pain to open. Overall- I do like this product, it gives my fairly average skin a nice even coverage, and i'm definitely going to keep using it, i'm just not convinced it's the best tinted moisturizer out there...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by kbrozek911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never used NARS products before. My skin is somewhat sensitive, mostly hormonal. I've always used MAC Studio Fluid Fix liquid foundation NW20 or NW22, which is most definitly a medium to full cover foundation, especially when set with their Fluid Fix powder. On top of that, a typical day would involve powder blush, occasional bronser, and then several sprays of Urban Decays de-slick setting spray. I have occasional break outs, usually a blemish or two, and combination skin. Used to be extremley dry, now only so if my skin is irritated. I love MAC, but I'm tired of spending a half hour on face makeup every morning, and also tired of leaving a beige line of evidence of it on friends shirts when/if I hug someone. I'm 28 years old, and its embarressing. My boyfriend has had to replace so many of his pillowcases. I feel slight anxiety anytime I have to put my hair up, hoping theres no makeup line along my jaw from the heavy liquid & powder, even when dilluted with setting spray. So, after a particularly long and brutal winter, (Chicago, you are a cruel and coldhearted whore), I plan on spending every moment possible outside, and most likely on my boyfriends boat. All I could picture was patting my face dry with a towel, whether from water skiing or sweat, and seeing a makeup imprinted face staring back at me on the towel. I've also heard that after the age of 25, any liquid foundation only makes skin look older. Since I can't rely on my combination skin to allow Bare Minerals powder foundation (and I also can't justify spending the time on the Bare Minerals routine of applying it, for such a subtle difference)- I wanted a tinted moisturizer, with SPF- that was light enough to blend seamlessly, but heavy enough to noticably improve my complexion, without actually being noticable at all.

It's pricey, but worth it. I was matched to Groenland by an employee at Sephora, using some camera device that took 3 pictures of my skin, & reccommended the shade. I was going to purchase Alaska, until she used her matching machine, which I'm still totally blown away by. How long have those things been out? How have we all lived so long without them? Foundation matching/wearing just became so much less stressful!

I used a dime sized amount all over my face, applying it with fingers (I typically applied my former foundation with a brush). Then added a tiny dab extra under each eye to dull the dark circles. I dabbed under my eyes & t-zone afterwords with my MAC studio fluid fix powder sponge to set the tinted moisturizer. The result is lovely. Very natural. Very healthy looking. Almost acts as a BB cream, as it blurs any imperfections, without actually coating your skin in makeup. I typically use a moisturizer every morning (around the corners of my nose & chin), but found that its moisturizing enough without using any additional products. In fact, I found that any additional product with this seems to diminish its effectiveness or result, which is another reason I feel its more of a BB cream.

I wasn't as impressed when I used a fluffy powder brush to lightly set my whole face. Kinda changed the color and the overall finish of the product, which is what makes it so beautiful to begin with. Seemed to really cover the 'inner glow/radiant' look this product accomplishes on its own. So, just pressing a setting powder sponge under the eyes to set concealer, and t-zone is enough. Its such low maintenance, and I can't believe how natural the finish is, and how long it lasts throughout the day. Reminds me a lot of Laura Merciers Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, but with a little more coverage, and much better packaging.

After applied, this product looks like what I've always strived to make my skin look like natually. It's beautiful. Definitly thought I'd purchase it, and go back to MAC within a week. But I think the cycle may have finally just come to a close.

It's easy to apply. It has amazing coverage for a tinted moisturizer and is so buildable. The shade spectrum is incredible- I've never had a foundation match my skin so flawlessly, without changing the color of my face (which in turn, would result in me doing my makeup all the way down my neck, and sometimes chest, which in turn, would result in the collars of my shirt exposing to the world just how much makeup I was wearing, which in turn would result in me never ever dreaming of wearing a light or white colored shirt). Yes, the price is high, but I've read reviews that peoples skin has actually improved after using this, so you end up needing less product. To me, its absolutely worth the price- since I'll be so much less anxious about greeting my friends, sleeping at my boyfriends, and wearing whatever color shirt I want.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LHartford

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down, this is my cannot live without product (next to NARS radiant creamy concealer)! The best TM or BB on the market and absolutely worth the price. I have found that it actually has improved the condition of my skin. If you are debating it, just go try it at Sephora or the NARS counter. It's even way better than the famed Laura Mercier TM...like 100x better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

My new HG product for evening out my skin tone. I've used Revlon Colorstay foundation for years and although I love wearing makeup, I hate feeling like I'm wearing makeup which is exactly how I felt while wearing it. I also hated the smell, it smelled like paint and would sometimes give me a headache.
I have relatively good skin but I just have some redness on my cheeks that I like to cover up so I wanted to transition away from foundations and to find something that could give me some coverage. I definitely didn't want to use heavy foundations for the rest of my life so I decided to look into tinted moisturizers. A lot of people recommended this product in the shade Terre Neuve which is for fair people with pink undertones, and I could not be more happier with it. It actually provides a lot more coverage than I thought that a tinted moisturizer would and it lasts the entire day. It has great SPF (I still wear a sunscreen beneath it, but having a product with SPF in it is always nice) and really gives my skin a nice, healthy glow. I was worried about smelling like sunscreen with this but it actually has a nice lemon-y scent. The lemon-y scent does fade away quickly after application though for those who are afraid of products with fragrance in them.
I love the packaging of the product as well. Revlon Colorstay foundation seriously had the worst packaging and it would just be messy while using up way more product than I wanted. This packaging lets me control how much I want to use so I can hopefully make it last for a long time.

I wish it wasn't so freaking expensive, but the money is worth it for this product. Definitely going to keep re-purchasing it as I've finally found something that evens out my skin tone and feels light on my skin.