November 28, 2014 | 1803 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have dry, sensitive skin with rosacea. My HG BB is MAC's Prep and Prime in the tube (Light) but wanted to try this to compare. I'm NC15 and Finland was a good match. The texture and finish of the NARS is very similar to MAC but I find MAC's a bit creamier and easier to apply. This one has fragrance though luckily didn't irritate my sensitive skin. I prefer MAC's since it has no discernable scent and I generally avoid fragrance in skincare like the plague. Both toned down the redness from my rosacea but neither completely cover it.

Here's a comparison picture of the NARS on the left and MAC on the right.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Wrosie

I've been using this tinted moisturizer for a year now and I absolutely love it! I brought the shade "St.Moritz" and for the summer "Annapurna". This product is amazing on my skin it evens out my skin tone and its a little sheer so it wont cover everything, like freckles or dark acne scars, but I prefer it that way. I love the way it gives me a nice glow and my skin looks healthy and natural. The shade St.Moritz matches my skin perfectly because I have yellow undertones and it does oxidize but the color doesn't change in shade too much. So far it hasn't given me acne and I am grateful for that. I apply the product with a makeup sponge or beauty blender and it's pretty easy to blend and work with. When the day is done it can easily be washed off and it leaves my skin smooth and to me my skin has a subtle glow. I am willing to pay the price even though its pretty pricey because this product has done me good for a year. The only negative I would say is that when you take pictures with the flash the SPF can make its appearance on pictures.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by tashi88

I recently bought NARS TM in Alaska after using so many bb creams and wanting a product that was light but provided coverage. This TM was pretty spot on for my NC30 skin and although sheer give a nice light coverage. Kept me pretty much matte all day although I do not have particularly oily skin (rather dry/combo). Really lovely stuff and has SPF too which is an added plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by NicoFinn

I bought this as my summer face makeup because I wanted a lightweight coverage that would let my skin breathe and had decent SPF protection. I was recommended this by a store employee when I went to Sephora. Initially, I liked it but the more I wore this, the more I found it to be oddly thick and I could feel the makeup on my face toward the end of the day. I have fairly oily skin and I felt that this only added to it (I don't think the formula is oil-free). The coverage is good (for sheer coverage) and applies evenly but I find that for a tinted moisturizer, this feels heavy on my skin. It's not bad and I still wear it from time to time, but it certainly isn't my go-to product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleyusername27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice product. It feels light on the skin and is comfortable to wear. I have light skin with a yellow undertone and I wear the shade Alaska. Although it might be a tiny bit too dark for me, this product is so blendable and forgiving that once it is applied and blended well, the color works great. I apply it with my fingers. It looks very natural - like my skin only better. The only negative for me is that I find that my skin starts looking shiny within a few hours of application, whereas my skin stays matte looking longer with some other tinted moisturizer / bb cream products. However, this is nothing that some powder can't fix. Overall a very solid product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Little1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seldom write reviews, but I felt I needed to add my 2 cents. I've tried so many tinted moisturizers and foundations, from Chanel to Armani, and I keep going back to this one. It gives a nice light to medium coverage without looking like you are wearing anything. Its dewy and the colors are very nice and natural looking. I hope they never discontinue it.
This is my all time favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by gigi9585

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first review but I was so happy with this purchase I just had to rave about it. I exclusively use tinted moisturizers and over the past 5 years have tried the gamut from Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer, Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint (which I did like but was discontinued), Benefit YouRebel, and even Laura Mercier but none have given me a huge reason to buy again, which obviously led me to Nars.

I have it in Alaska which I guess would be the second lightest. I was originally going to purchase the lightest (Terre Nueve), but it seemed a little pink when I tried it on. A sales person at Sephora suggested I use the Sephora + Pantone Color IQ system and luckily it matched me to this product in Alaska, which is light but with more yellow than pink undertones which is perfect for my Irish Italian skin. Funnily enough, it didn't match me to any shades in my previously used products (whoops).

The makeup feels wonderful on, light but still nice coverage, and it really lasts. I live in Phoenix and if I can wear it all day and still have some come off on my makeup wipe at the end of the day, that's some staying power. It makes your skin look absolutely gorgeous. On the box it says it "Visibly Improves Your Complexion in 4 Weeks". I never really believe claims like that, but I've only been using this for 3 days and I feel like I can see a difference. I'm very impressed.

I know there's a little sticker shock with the price, but when I think of the minimum I'd spend on something like this (~$30), an extra $12 on top of that is worth using a product I feel is significantly superior.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by FaintingGoat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have ever used. The finish is quite natural, evens out skin tone and reduces the appearance of pores without looking like I have any foundation on (in a good way). It's SPF 30 and moisturizing enough for my combination (oily T-zone, normal everywhere else) skin that I can just slap this on my face after applying serum and it's done.

I deducted a lippie because there wasn't a color that matches exactly to my skin. My skin color is somewhere between Finland and Alaska, so I ended up buying both. Both colors are supposed to be for someone with neutral skin tone (both yellow and red), and while I agree that to be true for Finland (peachy), I think Alaska leans a little more yellow than neutral. My skin color is peachy skin tone that is just a tad bit darker than Finland so I use Alaska to darken the foundation a bit. But the finish is sheer enough that I can probably get away with using just Alaska in the future.

Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do love this tinted moisturizer, gives coverage and lets your own skin shine through for a wonderful radiant look. Good for a natural glow, BUT I can not find a shade match. Every color has a strong yellow base and I am a cool coloring with a little pink in my skin so it looks very off compared to my neck/chest, not bringing my foundation all the way to my cleavage!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jasmine915

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used the LM tm and love it, but I wanted to try this too. I was hoping not to like it and make my choice easier, but that is not the case. I love the NARS tm!! I am NW 20 with dry/normal skin. It stays on all day (with primer), goes on smooth and looks like perfect skin. I bought the shade Terre Neuve and it looks perfect. It's comparable in price to the Laura Mercier tm, so not too pricey.