August 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Styling Products - Moroccanoil - Frizz Control

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Violets4Me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this but it took me a few tries to get it right. For me, it works best to apply to almost dry hair (after initial blow dry), then finish drying with round brush. Once I got this right, the results were fantastic! Less frizz, more shine. And I can't say enough about the Moroccanoil product scent - lingers lightly and makes me happy all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess there's almost always a first time....sadly. I love Moroccanoil products. Their original oil, the shine spray, the styling cream. So far, there hasn't been a product that has let me down.....until now, that is. I should have thought to check this product out here at MUA BEFORE purchasing it but I saw it on the Moroccanoil website and figured it had to be great. Frizz is a problem for me. My hair is thick and coarse and very prone to frizz, which is why I started using the original Moroccanoil in the first place. This oil and my CHI ceramic flat iron gave me the sort of hair I've always wanted. But recently, the combination of my layered bob and my new-found love of hot yoga have combined so that while I go to class looking sleek, I leave looking like a tumbleweed. I was hoping this Frizz Control spray would be an added prevention against that frizz-ball look. I've just used it for the first time (haven't flat ironed yet and won't be at yoga til much later tonight) but I see what other reviewers mean about it making your hair more frizzy and "crispy" looking. I'm hoping I'll love it more after I flat iron or that it will somehow magically keep me looking smoother during the heat and humidity of my class but I somehow doubt it. I'm only relieved that I didn't spring for the larger bottle of this stuff. But I wish I'd checked out the reviews here first and given this a swerve!

UPDATE (after a week or so): Suddenly, this stuff has turned from a real fail into a pretty good product. While I was aghast at the crispiness of my hair the first time I used this (and before flat-ironing it), it really did keep my hair from frizzing wildly and - now this is really strange - it seems to keep my hair cleaner a day longer than what is normal for me. The crispy/dry feeling I got after blow-drying my hair went away entirely after flat-ironing (maybe that's no surprise) and the results with this spray are actually quite good. I was reluctant to use it again after my first experience but I'm glad I've given it another chance. And while I might not repurchase (there are always new things hitting the market), I'm not regretting my purchase quite so much now.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Kristinaco333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly the only reason I bought this product is because my Kerastase Fibre Architecte serum had run out and I was desperate to tame my broken, winter-frizzed out hair. I love the smell of the Moroccanoil line and this one is no different however the spray does not distribute well (you should spray in palms first) also if you are expecting instant sleek and soft hair this is not the product for you. It actually made the texture a bit harder rather than soft and smooth. There was (some) reduction of frizz however I was really not impressed with the quality. I went back to the Kerastase line even though it's more expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Cathhe8D

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this is a good product. I think it really does something to my hair, but not enough for the price! I could live without it! The oil treatment is so much more and I think it is suffisant used alone. I will finish this bottle, but I don't think I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: I did not repurchase this. Now that it is the dead of winter again, I kind of miss it (hair is staticy), but not enough to repurchase. Plus, while this is great in concept, after pro-longed use, I felt it was leaving my fine curly hair feel weird (dry, dirty, something).

ORIGINAL POST: You ever wish Moroccanoil came in a spray bottle? Well, that is kind of what this is. Now don't get too excited, it isn't as softening and doesn't leave your hair as supple as the oil, but it is nice for those fine haired ladies (me) that have curly hair. We need some weight or we look like cotton candy hair, but not too much weight. And if I don't use the correct amount of my regular stylers, my hair is left too airy and fluffy leading to major static. This is where the Frizz Control comes in. Is it a daily life saver or miracle product? No. But, you will find yourself reaching for this all the time to smooth down flyaways, add a bit of weight where needed, or taming bed head to get out of the house. It's a product you could probably live without, but if it is there you will find yourself using it all the time.

The box reads: "Stay frizz and static free in any weather. Climate control factors weightlessly safeguard hair to keep it smooth, calm and manageable in the most damp or dry conditions.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Polyquaternium-7, PEG-12, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil, Polsysorbate 20, Acetmide MEA, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Phenoxethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Polysorbate 20 (yes it is listed twice don't know why), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Linoleic Acid, PEG 20 Gylceryl Laurate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxethanol, Diethylhexyl, Syringlindene, Malonate, Butylene Gylcol, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Carrageenan (Chrondrus Crispus) Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract.