December 18, 2014 | 1551 users online

Moisturizers - Koh Gen Do - Moisture Spa Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Because I use Retin-A Micro, I needed a non-reactive, highly emollient moisturizer to use at night over the Retin-A. It couldn't contain any additional retinol, fruit acids, or any other commonly-found, reactive ingredient. Koh Gen Do Moisture Spa Gel fits the bill, containing only highly moisturizing agents like squalene and sodium hyaluronate. A little goes a very long way: I use the enclosed spatula to dispense only a pea-sized amount to my face. Some reviewers here and elsewhere have said that they find this product a little sticky and this is true should you use too much product. I've only been using it for a few weeks now so I am not yet certain whether or not I will repurchase, but it's promising.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am in my 30's now so I have my fair share of favorite moisturizers, but after trying this for 5/6months, I think this is my favorite :
pros :
- lovely gel like texture, once spread onto the skin, melted into water like substance into the skin, not sticky, not heavy, not tacky...as if I'm wearing nothing, actually, love it especially since I live in a hot and humid country, sticky moisturizer is just...ehh..
- does not break me out, major sensitive skin here
- it actually hydrates better than other 'heavier' moisturizer I've know, I dont know how they do it, but I know when my skin needs extra moisturising, this is the one
-not economical, but though the initial cost is high, a little bit goes a long way

Cons :
-not available in my country

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lulululululu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great moisturizer for skin that is not very dry. Product uses ingredients that are good for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by clairetu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Koh Gen Do All in One Moisture Gel is the perfect moisturizer for my skin. At first, I gawked at the price $62 for a moisturizer but realized it's actually quite affordable. It comes in a tub of 3.53oz for $62 whereas most moisturizers come in sizes between 1.4-1.7oz. Also, I only need a very small scoop to moisturize my whole face.

A little background info... I have clog-prone, acne-prone combination skin with hyperpigmentation. After using BP in AM and retin-a in PM for the past three months, my skin has cleared. I don't have any more blemishes but do have a lot of hyperpigmentation along my jawline. I've learned that moisturizing is so essential for my dehydrated combo oily skin and this moisturizer is moisturizing without being heavy.

The All in One Moisture Gel is formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, and triclosan. There really isn't any harmful chemicals in this moisturizer. The texture is light and makes a great prep for my skin before makeup. It absorbs quickly without feeling greasy.

My only complaint is that it comes in a tub. The packaging is not that hygienic. I wish it came in a bottle with a pump or a tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love this magical cream. I purchased this on a whim for my dry, peeling, red, inflamed rosacea face after reading a review here that said it helped with flaky skin. This stuff is amazing. It has never caused even the slightest irritation and I have very reactive skin. No breakouts at all. Helps with flakes but is very light so I put a heavier moisture cream on over this in the flakiest areas of my face (center of my forehead and center of face). This is a light, gel-like cream so it will be perfect in the summer when my skin is less dry but still needs moisture. Doesn't cause my foundation to slide off. The only negatives for me are the high price ($68 usd) and the jar packaging, which I find a bit unsanitary. Overall it's lovely - highly recommend this for people with sensitive skin/rosacea who need some light moisture. EDIT: After another few weeks of using this, I love it even more. I think it's really helping my skin -- it looks so much better. I still have some flakes, but my skin is much more even-toned and I've had no breakouts at all, which is unusual for me. Highly highly recommend - it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I bought my Kohgendo foundations in Japan, the SA gave me samples of the cleansing water and the moisture spa gel to try, explaining that it is great for dehydrated skin (like mine). I packed it in my hand luggage and forgot about it. On the night I was at the airport lounge, about to take a shower before my flight, I realised that I hadn't brought any moisturizer with me (everything else was packed and checked in). I only had the samples from KGD. I thought, some moisture is better than none so I emptied the contents of the sachet and pat it on my face.

Usually, I get really dehydrated on the plane and 3 hours into a flight, the skin under my eyes will start to get dry and crepey. Even after I have slathered on a lot of moisturizer before boarding and repeated eye cream applications throughout. To my surprise (shock was more like it), when I went to the bathroom after 4 hours into the flight, I saw no dryness at all!! I couldn't believe it!! How can something so light and watery hydrate so well?? When I got back, I ordered TWO JARS from the website (they had an offer of a free small jar of the moisture gel if you spend over $100). The jar is 100g for $62 and that is a fair price considering the fact that most moisturizers are about 40g in weight. It's amazing how effective it is and it feels so good on. My skin just drinks it up!

BTW, I usually add my philosophy Turbo Booster C powder to this rather than serums because my skin doesn't sting unlike when I add it to other serums/mositurizers. Major plus - KGD does not test on animals at all and they are proud of that fact! :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by covenant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was just introduced to this line in my search for a new foundation. After matching my color and giving me a sample, the sales girl said my skin seemed a bit dry, and gave me a sample of this moisturizer. Well, I am astounded at what this did for my skin. I've been dealing with dry, flaky skin on my chin, and no matter what moisturizer I used (hubby calls me the 'queen of lotions'), nothing was working. It was quite irritating, as I would notice it when I was at work and have to try to repair it without it being obvious. Within 2 days of using this, the dry area on my chin, not to mention the rest of my face, was moisturized just beautifully. I've been using this every night, and while it's pricey, I think it is worth it. It is a nicely textured, lightweight gel, with only the very slightest of scents.