December 22, 2014 | 905 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence - Smokey Eyes Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by anicee74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim one night when I was at Fred Meyer. I want to say it was a dollar or somewhere close to that.

I washed it and the following day I used it. I've used it several times now and come to the conclusion that this brush is not for me.

I haven't had a problem actually applying/blending product. Having said that, the bristles are incredibly harsh & scratchy on my eyelids. My eye lids always end up being puffier due to the abuse by the time I'm finished.

When it comes to this brush I say take your dollar to Dollar Tree for a brush instead of this one. It's a pretty brush, but even the most useless dollar tree brush is likely to treat your eyes better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are really on a budget it's a good brush. i mean..you get for what you pay!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sakura4869

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is crap, it's rough on my eyelids, it sheds, I can't think of anything good to say about it

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by cindygl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush has received many mixed comments. I want to start off by saying this brush is cheap, all of essence products are extremely cheap and from my experience all their products have been impressive, especially regarding their prices. With this brush, don't expect real techniques or sigma type quality. I don't think this brush deserves all the complaints it gets because you'll get what you pay for! It does it's job well, but yeah the purple bleeds when you wash it and the bristles aren't of the highest quality. However I'm happy with this product because in its range, it does an excellent job.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mbori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is really a terrible brush. It bleeds when I wash it, sheds when I try to use it.
Don't buy this just because it's cheap, doesn't worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible brush. I brought it as a replacement to my elf blending brush that my dogs ate and I ended up discarding the Essence brush. The bristles are so harsh to the lids and there's constant fallout. I decided to use the brush for face charts since I just couldn't make it work with anything else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in this brush. The bristles are very rough and not great for sensitive eyes. The brush not only shed, but the purple color bled off the bristles each time I washed it. Even a colored bristle shouldn't bleed, that's a huge no-no in my book. It did apply shadow well and worked well as a small defining crease brush, but I wouldn't dare use this to really blend out shadow. It was just too rough. A brush I would recommend at a similar price point is the Catrice version of this brush. No shedding, not rough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by nesslawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush online from Ulta about two years ago and paid $1.49. I would pay ten bucks for it even if that were the case because that brush is perfect. It is incredibly soft, no scratchiness at all. I don't understand why people think they are painful bristles. Also, it has never shed, not one single bristle in the whole two years ive used it. Nor has it bled. This brush is the perfect size for crease color and outer v, and offers perfect control of where the color is placed. It also blends really well. It is in as perfect condition as when I bought it and a complete steal for two bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Iamzettesui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though the bristles are not that soft and it's scratchy I'm still using it due to it's perfect on my small Asian eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Exzellent brush.

This is soft small dome brush, not scratchy at all but with enough stamina to accomplish several tasks. Perfect for my small eyes.

Does plenty of tasks for me:
Applies my outer corner e/s, blends stubborn e/s really well making the gradient flawless, and smokes out e/s on the lash line which my MAC Pencil Brush failed miserably at.

I only washed it a couple times, so far zero shedding. Love it.